Jump to content

RentEznor

Member
  • Posts

    518
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RentEznor

  1. Like some pointed out, I would've been perfectly fine without the show too. Really enjoyed all the behind the scenes footage that pretty much felt like a Frat Party/Making of sort of documentary/film from back then. I would love to hear Alec Puro's score someday, I was very engaged with what the movie showed (loved the old school easter egg at the end). And yes please: release those FZ demos someday, the LPU still screams and begs for those tracks to be released. Also, at a certain point (maybe it was the cinema I was in) when the 'POA/Pts.Of.Athrty' mash-up showed up for whatever reason POA had a different mixing compared to the album version for me, it was very interesting. Very nice but this part I took it as if you were ready to move on, like, literally, not supporting/following the band anymore?
  2. I don't know if this would do that much but like someone said, maybe Adam, Lorenzo or whoever is truly managing the LPU now doesn't get it how it used to be notices this and does communicate the band about it. I went into a nostalgic path today here and read a bunch of old LPU9-16 threads, and of course, people complained about not having exactly what they wanted. Sigh, we don't even get that anymore, just overpriced bundles.
  3. I could've used other examples but yeah, definitely not what it used to be. 😐
  4. Lol. Funny but sadly true. I remember when their merch was high quality and a shirt was like 20-25$. "DUH DUH MASS PRODUCTION COST IS RISING WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" Then charge for less if you're gonna use cheaper quality materials, don't scam your own fans.
  5. While I personally don't love LT (really enjoy some of the songs though), I LOVED the setlists and perfomances from that era, it's a damn shame they completely stopped selling DSP's after 2012. Seeing RIR '12 live from home was one of the best LP experiences from start to finish. One of their best shows for sure.
  6. It's still HT related, doesn't matter if it's not something from 1996 or earlier-2002. IMHO
  7. Never heard this take from anyone in the fanbase until now from what I remember, to be quite honest. I really enjoyed the show, mainly due to the oldest songs that weren't played for 11-12 years at the time, I wish they would've done it more times with other albums. And for the life of me, I still cannot get over how they didn't included the perfomance for HT20. Putting 'Linkin Park / Machine Shop' instead of Warner Music is definitely an interesting editing choice.
  8. I'm not too acquainted with other bands but I do also have heard certain artists being quite restricitve about phones and cameras (IMHO regular cameras should be normalized again, I deeply miss something like the bolt camera flashes). The rest of your point I wholeheartedly agree.
  9. Every single time the 'i MiSs ThE oRiGiNaL bAnD' conversation arises online I pretty much limit my words to: "Which one you're talking about? Because by 'original' I understand the one founded by Mike and his friend Mark". For the umpteenth time, again, it's perfectly fine to keep your own taste and preference and respect everyone regardless of fair opinions, but please stop beating a dead horse that has been put to rest almost 2 years ago, it's not healthy, never was and never will be.
  10. Someone hasn't watched RaR '01 enough times, or at all. It's an homage to the original With You intro from their early 2001 shows, quite good remake I must say. I think Joe messed up the drum sample though.
  11. That 2010-2011 period was absolutely incredible in so many different ways and still holds up perfectly fine, easily top 5 of their career. I enjoyed every second of it.
  12. Please let it be in decent quality (imagine if it was in 4K and pristine sound) but one can only wish lol
  13. I'll never forget one specific YouTube comment from probably a decade ago/shortly after LPU XIII came out saying Owen Pallett heavily improved upon the song because the demo sounded 'off'. Like, I can understand their perspective but I remember reading that person's take and it came off quite aggressive as if Primo was crappy material. I've always loved the demo since listening to it at release on Soundcloud, and Mike's comments throughout the years praising the demo over the album version makes me like it even more.
  14. Dang it I missed out.
  15. Nailed it. Unlike certain other projects. Wish DBS/OOA could've been released indepentently so it would've been easier for them to re-release even more material. As always sending all love and great vibes to Ryan, Amir and everyone involved with them, very appreciated of their time to do these sort of things for the fans and with the fans.
  16. I don't wanna hear any more "00-06 'PeAk' BaNd" when again and again I'm constantly reminded of how awesome the band still sounded live in '07.
  17. I don't wanna hear any regular fan using the "THE BAND DOESN'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY SELL OR PROMOTE" excuse ever again. For the umpteenth time: they're not some kind of indie act, they're one of the biggest bands in the planet. They're 95-98% aware of what the general public sees.
  18. We still have (slightly) more chances of getting RAR 07 next year than ever getting SS 06.
  19. I'm definitely misquoting here but I believe Mike said a couple of years ago or maybe around the time FZ came out that he or the band wasn't interested on experimenting again. I'd kill to have another bonkers record like that, unlikely probably though.
  20. Seeing more pre-10/24/Dave coming back shows around that time is always awesome, but I think the holy grail for the entire community is still to get anything between 97 and early 2000, even more rare and impossible than discovering these webcasts but I still have some hope, someday.
  21. God that ATS setlist. Don't want to be too nostalgic but damn, half forgot how great we already had it at the time.
  22. Hopefully they will. There's so many ways they could mess around with their sets. My obvious choice is to include Mike's solo material of 2018-2023 (Already Over with Emily would be a lot of fun).
  23. I am one of those lucky ones. Hopefully I get early entry too as an LPU member. The world has always been unsafe, even if you're being a bit too pesimistic about it. I see this kind of thinking all the time these days and to be honest, no harm or bad feelings, but the internet has affected people's perception of the real world so damn much I think it might be scarier seeing someone still believing vaccines are bad or climate change is a hoax over your average street thief/criminal. It is getting that dangerous and many still don't realize how awfully easy is to become a horrible human being online now. Again, no hard feelings on your personal experiences at all, just telling my perspective.
  24. Those 2000s CGI effects that were mostly shot on standard TV cameras are the worst at aging. I don't think these were upscaled (hoping so).
×
×
  • Create New...