Samples

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is the song you're speaking of, correct? Because it's a REAL stretch calling them similar, let alone saying one inspired the other.

LINCOLN PARK INSPIRED RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

I knew it! It's all a conspiracy! Lincoln Park is responsible for every hit song from 1997 to now!

:D

LINCOLN PARK INSPIRED RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

I knew it! It's all a conspiracy! Lincoln Park is responsible for every hit song from 1997 to now!

:D

no, RATM inspired LP

Both songs sound so similar I bet someone could make a pretty good mashup with them.

I know your talented folk could pull off some amazing stuff, I cant find a mix on the internet that incorporates these two songs.

Killing in the name of by rage against the machine and wastelands.

What do you think about that idea?

Edited by Steve*

• 2 weeks later...

Based on this, can we say Hit The Floor samples By Myself, Breaking The Habit samples Points Of Authority, and From The Inside samples One Step Closer?

We still don't know where the By Myself sample is in Hit the Floor, if it is in the song to begin with. Even if it's unlikely, it's still possible that the sample loop is thrown in there and has nothing to do with the song. We can't know for sure until we can pinpoint its placement (or lack thereof).

Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but Breaking the Habit doesn't really sample Points of Authority because I think that sample comes from a source outside of Linkin Park. If that's the case, that'd be like me saying Cure for the Itch samples Michael Jackson's HIStory because they both use the sample from Change the Beat.

There's not enough information to safely say any of those things except maybe that From the Inside samples One Step Closer. That one is pretty straightforward.

We still don't know where the By Myself sample is in Hit the Floor, if it is in the song to begin with. Even if it's unlikely, it's still possible that the sample loop is thrown in there and has nothing to do with the song. We can't know for sure until we can pinpoint its placement (or lack thereof).

Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but Breaking the Habit doesn't really sample Points of Authority because I think that sample comes from a source outside of Linkin Park. If that's the case, that'd be like me saying Cure for the Itch samples Michael Jackson's HIStory because they both use the sample from Change the Beat.

There's not enough information to safely say any of those things except maybe that From the Inside samples One Step Closer. That one is pretty straightforward.

The By Myself sample is used for the rhythmic scratching in the second half of both Hit the Floor verses. It's a different scratch than the one found later in the song.

The By Myself sample is used for the rhythmic scratching in the second half of both Hit the Floor verses. It's a different scratch than the one found later in the song.

That makes a lot more sense. The scratches in the verse have a very distorted sound and don't sound like the bridge scratches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 2003 UK tour version of Nobody's Listening sampled "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots/Cody ChesnuTT. There's some other stuff in there too...I want to say part of it might come from the beat to 50 Cent's "In Da Club," but I'm not totally sure.

• 6 years later...

There are some that are missing.

So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)

Linkin Park - Coal (1997 Demo)

Soundtrack (Meteora Demo)

Linkin Park - Coal (1997 Demo)

Linkin Park - Hurry (1999 Demo)

Linkin Park - So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)

Edited by NJPLP