Samples

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't the "Rockafeller Skank" sample in Rock and Roll Part 2 actually a reference/"replayed" sample? I don't think that's the original vocal track.

Also, Something I Can Never Have was used on the U.S. leg of the Meteora World Tour in early 2004 in addition to the Europe/Asia shows, and the Violent Femmes "Intro" sample was used as part of the show intro for some 2000 shows (it was inserted right between the end of Cure For the Itch and the intro to Papercut).

One other sample that I haven't been able to track down is the "Break it down...turn it up!" break in Kyur 4 the Ich. I KNOW I've seen the original song that comes from mentioned somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere now. I think I recall it being something from a Crystal Method song? Could be wrong though.

Isn't the "Rockafeller Skank" sample in Rock and Roll Part 2 actually a reference/"replayed" sample? I don't think that's the original vocal track.

Also, Something I Can Never Have was used on the U.S. leg of the Meteora World Tour in early 2004 in addition to the Europe/Asia shows, and the Violent Femmes "Intro" sample was used as part of the show intro for some 2000 shows (it was inserted right between the end of Cure For the Itch and the intro to Papercut).

One other sample that I haven't been able to track down is the "Break it down...turn it up!" break in Kyur 4 the Ich. I KNOW I've seen the original song that comes from mentioned somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere now. I think I recall it being something from a Crystal Method song? Could be wrong though.

Thanks.

About Kyur4 Th Ich:

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post223186

Should I add it?

Thanks.

About Kyur4 Th Ich:

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post223186

Should I add it?

HA! Love how I replied to that one 9-ish years ago. :lol: Yeah, go ahead and add that one, I compared them and it sounds like the same sample, they just put some effects on it on Kyur 4 th Ich.

On another note, I guess you could add Name of the Game as a reference in Remember the Name. Don't know how we all forgot that one, haha.

same sample for both of them?

Yes, and it probably appears in other LP songs too. There's an isolated scratching noise at the 3:36 mark of that song that served as one of Joe's "main" scratching samples during the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It fascinates me that the Believe Me sample seems to be "rediscovered" every couple years and so many people seem to have never known about it...yet I've had the Orchestra Strings 08 file on my external hard drive since somebody posted it on the Fort Minor message board in December of 2005. Not to mention that Mike talks about it in nearly every Fort Minor-era interview that mentions Believe Me.

I only got GarageBand in the last 8 months... I did know about its existence in the past, just to clarify.

I do find it funny when artists use such stock samples, though obviously Believe Me does it very well. Wasn't that Soulja Boy song from a few years ago like, entirely stock samples?

I only got GarageBand in the last 8 months... I did know about its existence in the past, just to clarify.

I do find it funny when artists use such stock samples, though obviously Believe Me does it very well. Wasn't that Soulja Boy song from a few years ago like, entirely stock samples?

From what I remember hearing, he used FL's steel drum sound

The instrumental is basically a bunch of FL Studio stock samples with some compression and reverb thrown on them: http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to...tudio--audio-63