Linkin Park To Play Taipei, Taiwan August 17

Numbrocker

From LP.com:

Linkin Park has added a show at Taipei Arena in Taipei, Taiwan on August 17. LP Underground members will have access to pre-sale tickets starting April 17 at 12 pm (local time) at LPUnderground.com. Tickets go on sale to the general public on April 18 at 12 pm (local time).

In addition to pre-sale tickets, members of the LP Underground, Linkin Park's official fan club, have opportunities for meet & greets with Linkin Park, early entry at shows, access to the members-only website and more. Visit LPUnderground.com to join today.

The Last time Linkin Park was in Taipei was September 19th, 2011. Another Asian show to add to the Summer Sonic shows in Japan.

Do you think they'll add more shows?

Source: LinkinPark.com

I'm surprised they didn't extend the Australia / NZ leg to Asia to be honest.

Seriously that's what I thought they'd do.

I hope if there are more shows, that'll mean that they might play more of LT. Though since Asia hasn't gotten any of the new LT stuff (not counting those two promo shows) I'm not very hopeful.

Keep in mind that a "full" Asian tour for LP is usually maybe 10 shows tops, so I wouldn't expect this to be a sign of something monumental. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add shows in places like Seoul, Jakarta, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Don't see them doing another mainland China show with U.S.-China relations being kind of strained over the North Korea situation right now.

Keep in mind that a "full" Asian tour for LP is usually maybe 10 shows tops, so I wouldn't expect this to be a sign of something monumental. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add shows in places like Seoul, Jakarta, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Don't see them doing another mainland China show with U.S.-China relations being kind of strained over the North Korea situation right now.

Strained relations between the US and China, yet you can see the band going to Seoul to play!? :lol:

I am aware that SK isn't the problem, but still, that just made me giggle.

Back on topic (I hardly think a show thread is the place to discuss international diplomacy)

Yes, come on LP - keep the cool stuff in the set, but give us Powerless, *ahem*andsome2013DSPs*ahem*

It was a really long time between the Jakarta shows (2004 and 2011) so I wouldn't think they'd play there again this year. Probably Seoul, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Singapore for sure as well as maybe a few headlining Japan shows. They can easily play Yokohama, Nagoya or Sendai. I wouldn't think they'd rehearse and just go over for like 3-4 shows. I'd say about 9 or 10.

I don't think LP will ever return to China. It doesn't have to do with the North Korea situation but think more on the lines of this. That was May 2011, that explains no China shows in 2011 and I'll bet money they don't go back. The Chinese government has to approve (original document) each international performance there and I am pretty positive they'll never allow the band to go back.

I don't think LP will ever return to China. It doesn't have to do with the North Korea situation but think more on the lines of this. That was May 2011, that explains no China shows in 2011 and I'll bet money they don't go back. The Chinese government has to approve (original document) each international performance there and I am pretty positive they'll never allow the band to go back.

Agree that the chinese gov is not happy with that pic and they may never appear in China in the future.

btw, let's put aside the political issues and hope for more Asia shows (esp. Hong Kong :lol: )

I dont think even allowed to say words in China

let's not be silly.

China is not alone, Malaysia '03 for example -

"There were strict regulations in place by the Malaysian government for this show. The band couldn't spit on stage, curse, throw things into the crowd, jump around violently, wear short pants, or scream excessively."

yes it's not song censorship, but China is not the only place to have put restrictions on them