Melbourne Sidewave: Full Video (27.02.2013)

Narc85

Hi guys,

My recording of the Melbourne Sidewave show is now online at YouTube (and in a better resolution compared to the Sydney one).

You can see the video here:

Intention was to also get the Sydney Soundwave show up this weekend, but this Melbourne one took 4/5 encodes to get right. For some reason, it kept making CASTLE OF GLASS a still picture, rather than the video you see here.

I've also whacked on some bonus footage at the end :)

Enjoy!

PS. For those asking about the HD files. I'm holding off on releasing those until I buy my MacBook Air to do proper editing on it. I'd love to say I'll go out and buy it this week, but with another band tour coming up (Coheed & Cambria), I've got other expenses to handle :(

I'm not so keen on uploading raw files for a number of reasons... a) because the raw files for each show are roughly 20 gigabytes each and my net isn't fantastic speed-wise. B ) because of the rate at which stuff like this is stolen then passed off as somebody else's work (and in some cases, even sold as a bootleg).

I will get HD files up, but they will take some time. You'll be happy to know that when I torrent this show, the resolution is set at 960x540 - so a fair improvement from last time :)

Edited by Narc85

Well to be honest don't upload 41235432 versions of the same thing. The version from youtube is enough for most people, other are waiting for any HD source, you don't have to upload RAW files for that.

There will be three versions :)

1) YouTube - hopefully to stave off any that would upload the video on their own channel and for those that don't want to commit to a multi-gigabyte download of the show.

2) Torrent in standard definition - as a make-do until the high-def files are done and for those wanting to get the version that was used for the YouTube upload.

3) The eventual HD torrent release - as you've said, I don't want to be uploading multiple versions of this, so I'm holding off until I get the new computer/software to give the releases some justice.

as I'm running out of space,I can get just one show,tell me yourself,which show is kick a**?just pick one for me,you did a fantastic job mate

Thanks mate, glad you appreciate them :)

In my opinion, of the two released so far, the quality of recording is better on the Sydney Sidewave show. Having said that, the Melbourne show has the very awesome appearance of A Place For My Head in the encore.

The third and final show is going to be quite exciting for you guys however, so it may be worth waiting to see that one first - for 10 of the 18 songs (second half of the set), I shifted the camera away from the stage and pointed it at the big screen. So you get what is likely to be the closest thing to a professional recording of these Australian shows - multiple angles, etc. Sound is a bit f**ked on that release, since it was extremely echoey in the stadium, but it's still a good watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How in the world did I miss this, lol. I will get this to Newswire ASAP. But a new thread (sorry) so it's on top. Thanks for the upload. Just watched APFMH. So awesome. Hope they keep it for the Asia shows.

I also skipped to the BIO bridge to hear Sabotage and forgot they dropped it, lol, oops.

How in the world did I miss this, lol. I will get this to Newswire ASAP. But a new thread (sorry) so it's on top. Thanks for the upload. Just watched APFMH. So awesome. Hope they keep it for the Asia shows.

I also skipped to the BIO bridge to hear Sabotage and forgot they dropped it, lol, oops.

No probs dude :)

I still have the Sydney Soundwave show outstanding. There's been a number of... issues... I've had to deal with recently, hence the delay. But it should be online ASAP. Then I'll need to get the Melbourne show up via torrents also.

• 8 months later...

No probs dude :)

I still have the Sydney Soundwave show outstanding. There's been a number of... issues... I've had to deal with recently, hence the delay. But it should be online ASAP. Then I'll need to get the Melbourne show up via torrents also.

Have I missed these shows?

Or haven't they been uploaded yet?