Site Improvement Suggestions

Yeah list got really long, I don't have any problems on a big screen resolution.

It's not broken or anything, I know that it his harder to use when you are on a lower resolution.

If we try hard enough, we can make this list in two columns, which will be easier for navigation on low resolution devices.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we try hard enough, we can make this list in two columns, which will be easier for navigation on low resolution devices.

I agree. I think at this point we should split it up. 2014 is wayyyy down there and this next World Tour is going to go until at least 2015.

Maybe 2000-2009 and 2010-2014. Every ten years.

How is that working out with the earlier stuff since we basically start with 1997.

2000-2009 - 2000 and earlier

does that make sense?

How is that working out with the earlier stuff since we basically start with 1997.

Is it's possible to do it like this?:

2000 and earlier---2008

2001-------------------2009

2002-------------------2010

2003-------------------2011

2004-------------------2012

2005-------------------2013

2006-------------------2014

2007-------------------

Everything at once..

Is it's possible to do it like this?:

2000 and earlier---2008

2001-------------------2009

2002-------------------2010

2003-------------------2011

2004-------------------2012

2005-------------------2013

2006-------------------2014

2007-------------------

Everything at once..

That's what was on my mind when I wrote previous post

That's what was on my mind when I wrote previous post

I know, I just explained it.

---

Can we just make one thread for all of the STPWCB shows? We don't have one for Osaka or for the Scottsdale and I don't think we should open a thread for every single show for 4-9 comments. We can collect all the info in one thread (or one thread for tour, maybe single show thread when it's something special etc..). What do you think?

• 1 month later...
I would suggest to add Grey Daze to Related Acts thing, I mean this band deserves it's own show list. I know we don't have much info about it, but it's time to get more info about it. Maybe during searching the info, we'll find some recording of the shows, which would be very exiting. There's already a video of few songs live performance by Grey Daze, The video is from 1994. Edited by TheDamian58C

• 2 months later...

Yes, we will have that information soon. We don't want to publicly say it right this second in case we don't meet it. Of course we have an internal deadline and if we are getting very close to it and are almost done, we will post about it. Definitely this year though, but we of course hope much sooner than the end of the year.

Seems that it didn't work out as mentioned. Any news on the new lpl? I'm really curious about it, especially new features!

We are still working on it. The shows part, we are dealing here with close to 1400 show entries by now, took a lot more time then we expected. There was a lot to update since the newer shows are in way better shape than the older ones. We are still working on our to do lists as well as getting a lot of new content ready.

As for a when, I'd rather not make any predictions right now. It's done when it's done, we pushed the release a lot of times, simply cause it was not done (enough). We want to be satisfied and not release a half finish site, where we still have to fix a lot of stuff afterwards just for the sake of getting in out earlier for no reason.

We just don't find the time to work on it all the time, so there's periods where more work is done.

If it was just changing the design of the site it would be all a lot faster. All the content is what's taking up most of the time and to make it all work, to find a suitable solution for all the show variations that exist etc. And there's also no existing production we can just use and modify slightly.

Features? I guess you have to wait and see

We are still working on it. The shows part, we are dealing here with close to 1400 show entries by now, took a lot more time then we expected. There was a lot to update since the newer shows are in way better shape than the older ones. We are still working on our to do lists as well as getting a lot of new content ready.

As for a when, I'd rather not make any predictions right now. It's done when it's done, we pushed the release a lot of times, simply cause it was not done (enough). We want to be satisfied and not release a half finish site, where we still have to fix a lot of stuff afterwards just for the sake of getting in out earlier for no reason.

We just don't find the time to work on it all the time, so there's periods where more work is done.

If it was just changing the design of the site it would be all a lot faster. All the content is what's taking up most of the time and to make it all work, to find a suitable solution for all the show variations that exist etc. And there's also no existing production we can just use and modify slightly.

Features? I guess you have to wait and see

You don't have to tell me cause we have enough of this things at lpcatalog and yeah things take time. Just wanted to know in general how is the new version going :) And that brings me to the idea of an update from you guys every one-two months or so on how are things. Maybe in a separate thread, maybe here. Edited by michalangelo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After a long discussion, we're adding the prefectures/states for foreign cities. Auckland was put in as Auckland City, AUK, which means the city of Auckland in the Auckland state. But we're dropping the City name and just using the real city + state/prefecture. A lot of places have this already, like Germany, but the big country we are referencing here is Japan.

This came up after we talked about the Japanese shows, specifically Saitama-shi. -shi means City, so Saitama City would work. But they use that to just differentiate between the city of Saitama and the prefecture of Saitama. Adding the prefectures eliminates confusion, so that way we don't have to do Osaka City, Japan, for example. It's a headache but it seems to be the most correct way. It's just like the USA states.

Japan doesn't have an official abbreviation for prefectures...they are a very rare instance (only case?) where the country uses NUMBERS, like JA-11. So we took an unofficial list: http://www.statoids.com/ujp.html and are using that.

• 2 months later...

Any chances on adding the new post indicators in the Hybrid theme? It's much more convenient to scan through the icons than checking the font weight of the thread title.

agreed, similarly (in Hybrid theme) the "# replies to this topic" and " reply to this topic" bars make the text difficult to read if you're using either of the crowd backgrounds.

EDIT:

also, is there any way we could re-add the old "Most recent News:" thing that used to be under the shoutbox? I rather liked that, I miss it!

Any chances on adding the new post indicators in the Hybrid theme? It's much more convenient to scan through the icons than checking the font weight of the thread title.

As far as we know this is one of several Chrome related bugs. The logos appear in firefox for example.

Yes, not sure if this is the right topic, but I think you forgot to link to LPL's VK

http://vk.com/lplive

We decided to replace it with a link to Instagram.

• 3 weeks later...