Site Improvement Suggestions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A page with a list of everyone who has joined the Stage with LP before eg Xzibit, Styles of Beyond etc with maybe show page links attached to their name?

Edit: 2000 post, yewwwwww

Edited by Pez

• 2 weeks later...

include pictures of tour shirts on the show pages in a similar capacity to wristbands, tickets, tour promo etc. not sure how that would work since they're a tour shirt, but still, an idea.

is there a way to change the thing with YouTube video id? a lot of members don't know about that..

I don't think it can be changed but I could enhance the example.

include pictures of tour shirts on the show pages in a similar capacity to wristbands, tickets, tour promo etc. not sure how that would work since they're a tour shirt, but still, an idea.

I had something else in mind, instead of putting the same stuff on 30 show pages, stuff like that will get an own section, on a tour page or a whole page just with tour shirts. There's lots of other tour related stuff I can't really put on the show pages. There will be a place for that.

I had something else in mind, instead of putting the same stuff on 30 show pages, stuff like that will get an own section, on a tour page or a whole page just with tour shirts.

sweet. I figured you guys would have already thought of it, but still.

I know that there are tour summaries for each year - maybe they could go there? but a whole page for all the various shirts would be cool too. it'd be nice to see everything in one place.

I don't think it can be changed but I could enhance the example.

anything that can help.

when members post only link it's okay, the problem starts when they using "Insert Special Item"->Insert YouToob" and put there the whole link and we getting blank post.

the "YouToob" instead "YouTube" is in purpose, or should be fixed?

Edited by Skipees

when members post only link it's okay, the proble, starts when they using "Insert Special Item"->Insert YouToob" and put there the whole link and we getting blank post.

that's because the code requires only the bit after the "...v=" section. the function doesn't take that into account for some reason.

and the YouToob thing is a joke c.2008 regarding rappers...

anything that can help.

when members post only link it's okay, the proble, starts when they using "Insert Special Item"->Insert YouToob" and put there the whole link and we getting blank post.

the "YouToob" instead "YouTube" is in purpose, or should be fixed?

For example it says VIDEO ID, which means only the video id needs to be inserted. Where's the point of the whole tag when you still have to enter the whole link plus it wouldn't work anyway if there was other stuff at the end of the url.

It would be more complicated. The tag is bascially an embed code, that you would use to embed a video on a website and the video ID is the variable.

I'll extend the example but I won't change the whole thing because people cant read.

It's "YouToob" on purpose, it's based on a joke from LPTV.

Just curiously, is there any word on when this new site will go live? I feel it needs that long overdue update or refresh sooner rather then later. Like its been just under 3 years since V4 went live.

No, we always have some aims we try to reach but no real dates honestly. It just never works out if we set a solid date, we promised to ourselves not to set a release date until we are like 99% done. We rather put it out when it's done instead of something half finished just to make the date. Sometimes there are bigger problems that delays stuff more, just recently with our unplanned early server change something big got screwed up again.

The thing is, there is just no template out there for a site like us. Whatever existing thing we take, we have to do a lot of adjustments and lots of custom stuff to make it work the way we want it. And that takes more time. I wished it was that easy to just change the design and tweak the code a little bit. It will be a whole new thing.

"YouToob Video ID" will be a lot clear.

there's a palce on the site that members can see explanations for every "Insert Special Item" option?

No, but right above the blank field it says "Example: VIDEO ID"

No, but right above the blank field it says "Example: VIDEO ID"

in all honesty, I only realised how to embed videos into posts by replying to other people who already knew how to, and seeing how they did the coding for that.

in all honesty, I only realised how to embed videos into posts by replying to other people who already knew how to, and seeing how they did the coding for that.

exactly the same case.

-----

it's not a suggestion, but maybe it will turn to one. Here i want to put the Script Code somewhere for not spaming the post. i tried the Codebox and the Spoiler and they make the post wider than the original size. there's something i can do?

Edited by Skipees

I edited the examples for the Youtube tags. I hope it's better now.

The codebox problem, I don't know how to fix this.

a lot better, thanks.

i guess only Dmitry can solve the Codebox problem.

Edit: Fixed, Thanks Dmitry.

Edited by Skipees

a trade/sell thread could get messy quickly.

with ebay you have legal coverage if someone mis-sells or deceives a buyer. we'd have a blood-bath on our hands if we had some sort of "LPL approved" section for that. people trade and sell here at their own risk.

I don't know what's the best solution, to get it properly organized + enough attention. But this shouldn't be disussed here, open a thread somewhere for further discussions to see what others think about it.

From what i've learned, one of the big problems is that, people post lists/websites, but don't update them properly, people are intersted in stuff that was already sold etc.

This doubles as a question; why not add download links for sources (Besides Source 0's) in the show pages of certain shows? The 30 second samples are there, why not the full show? Would that take up too much space?

This doubles as a question; why not add download links for sources (Besides Source 0's) in the show pages of certain shows? The 30 second samples are there, why not the full show? Would that take up too much space?

Because the download links change SO much. You think you have a reliable link and it goes down. linkinparkmedia, MegaUpload, etc. Shit happens to all of the links and they have ever since we started this site so I don't think that's a good idea.