Site Improvement Suggestions

This is more a moan than anything else, but the new restriction of not being able to post two things in reasonably quick succession can be very annoying, particularly if I just want to add to the Count to One Million thread or something.

Not sure what I'm suggesting be done, or if anyone else feels the same, it's just rather inconvenient sometimes for me.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But what if the quote is many pages behind?

This is why you're qouting.. If you want to read the original quoted post you can simply click on this symbol: snapback.png, you can find it in the right side of the quoting window. Anyway quoting such a long post from a few pages ago it's not something that happening often.

• 3 months later...

I think the show page should mention where the officially released live tracks can be found.

Example:

Source 0b: Audio - SBD (Official Release)
Format: Digital
Comments: 'Wretches And Kings' and 'The Messenger' only. Same mix as Source 0a but slight editing done (fade-in, fade-out, etc).

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2011/20110219

There's no way to know those two tracks were part of "A Thousand Suns - Live Around The World".

I'm not entirely sure but I think it's like that because some of the tracks have more than one release, and you can't note one without the other. Also some of them comes in different formats (let's say CD and digital) so you'll have to note everything instead the highest format available. I guess we can do that in one way or another but the point is to make it simple on the show page. For the complete releases list there's the Official Live Releases Wiki page.

I'm not entirely sure but I think it's like that because some of the tracks have more than one release, and you can't note one without the other. Also some of them comes in different formats (let's say CD and digital) so you'll have to note everything instead the highest format available. I guess we can do that in one way or another but the point is to make it simple on the show page. For the complete releases list there's the Official Live Releases Wiki page.

Yeah. I know that's confusing. Shit changes and gets rereleased and all so much that we decided to just put it in the Official Live Releases page. You can search that page and it tells you exactly what you need. http://lplive.net/wiki/db/releases/official-live-releases

Easier to navigate, won't crash as much, and I think it's easier to fix bugs as an independent app.

I just want to throw in my opinion here:

A dedicated mobile app makes no sense. Why? It's just a shitload of work for no benefit. There is nothing to gain from it.

To come to your points:

Easier to navigate: If you have problems with navigating the site it's either a personal preference or the site really has a bad navigation. I never had any troubles navigating on the mobile version though. If you are thinking about off canvas navigations or some other type of navigation stuff you mostly see in native apps: these can be done on websites as well, no need to develop a native app for it.

Won't crash as much: Absolutely invalid point. First of all if the site is crashing it's probably a problem with the browser on your smartphone and not with the site itself. LPL doesn't use any fancy features that should blow up your smartphone. Also I've never encountered a problem myself with my old ass iPhone 4 which has problems on a lot of sites. Also developing a native app would probably lead to even more crashes for you since then you have two things you have to maintain: the website and the app, so you need more resources. Also the app has to be a self developed stuff which is most probably not as well engineered as the software LPL uses for the forums (IP.Board) which had years to mature and a company behind it that knows what they are doing.

The only benefit from an app is something like a notification system for new posts on threads you are interested in, or when you get new messages. But as far as I know the same can be achieved by activating mail notifications.

So yeah, a native mobile app is just a shitload of work with nothing to gain.