DSPs: An Open Letter

hahninator

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the videos, would it be the Mark Fiore Recordings or what?

Yes! In the past, he used to take small videos from each show but now, with the GoPro thing, the whole concert is being filmed and saved on their vault. Plus, when the festival or promoter record the concert for other reasons, the band gets a copy too.

Don't get greedy and stay realistic, if we don't even get the audio for the shows, no band would ever release all that stuff, it's just impossible, in terms of legal and amount of data for just a few people who actually want that stuff. No one will care anymore if we get flooded with this stuff and they know that.

I don't even understand why this topic was revived for no reason, there are no new developments.

Oh yeah and Geki changing his mind about something, big news lol.

That the DSPs are gone is partially our own fault but the major reason is still that *insert whoever is responsible for the DSP stuff* fucked up, it all went down the drain when they stopped selling the blank discs at the shows, they sold out every time and that clearly covered the costs for each show. When they stopped people didn't even know that they are still selling these, and that's were the problem started. Display after the show that you can buy it and problem solved. Offer an option to buy a code when you purchase the ticket, that shit would sell like crazy. Or just add a dollar to every ticket and offer it for free like they did in 2011.

I think another reason DSPs haven't sold well in recent years is downloads.linkinpark.com requires Java, Firefox automatically blocks Java (not sure about other browsers), and it's an absolute pain in the ass to figure out the workaround for it. I spent almost an hour figuring this out a while ago. Hard to sell DSPs when most people won't even know how to get your website that sells them to work.

they should bring back oldschool blank cds with promo codes to merchandise, nobody knows about shitty java dowloads.linkinpark.com . It's sad but I'm not interested in DSPs like I was years ago....same setlists, tons of proshots...I'm fine with this situation

Even if they won't sell new ones I would really like them to release some older ones.

1-2 from each year of 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, whatever they have from earlier in 2007, and the MISSING European Tour in 2008. And missing festivals in 2009.

They have all of that stuff...

Even if they won't sell new ones I would really like them to release some older ones.

1-2 from each year of 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, whatever they have from earlier in 2007, and the MISSING European Tour in 2008. And missing festivals in 2009.

They have all of that stuff...

yes, especially 2004 DSPs would be great to have, this is my favourite LP era...I was requesting older DSPs in that "LPU poll" but it seems nothing gonna happen in foreseeable future

Edited by mrfox

Does anyone have the Manchester, NH 2008 DSP? I tried to buy it on the website a few days ago and was charged for it but I was unable to download it because both Chrome and Firefox wouldn't download it. Wretchesandkings.net is also no longer a LP fansite, so they don't have the DSP's anymore.

Does anyone have the Manchester, NH 2008 DSP? I tried to buy it on the website a few days ago and was charged for it but I was unable to download it because both Chrome and Firefox wouldn't download it. Wretchesandkings.net is also no longer a LP fansite, so they don't have the DSP's anymore.

I have all DPSs that they've ever released, but I'm not to sure if I can upload it here;

It would be nice to have an archive here now that the band dosen't sold them anymore;

If an admin tell me if I can I started to working on a thread for it.

Did you try Rutracker? There are three Torrents that basically contain the DSPs, plus MP3 rips of some AUD audio recordings.

Did you try Rutracker? There are three Torrents that basically contain the DSPs, plus MP3 rips of some AUD audio recordings.

please keep discussion like this to a minimum. the DSPs are still onsale, they are still "Official Material"

If Mike and Chester encourage us to trade the DSP's then why can't we???

Probably because their management wouldn't like it, if I had to guess. It does seem kind of crazy that the artists themselves have said it's fine to share them, but it's still not OK to do. Even though they created the music, they don't have final say on it's distribution.

Probably because their management wouldn't like it, if I had to guess. It does seem kind of crazy that the artists themselves have said it's fine to share them, but it's still not OK to do. Even though they created the music, they don't have final say on it's distribution.

Yeah, it's very crazy to me as well. I know for a fact that Mike and Chester have encouraged it. And since they stopped doing DSP's altogether now and the website doesn't work even if you want to purchase one, I feel like they shouldn't care if we share it. But I understand, I wouldn't want LPL to suffer because of it. I just don't get it.

You are taking this a little bit out of the context. They said this BEFORE all the DSPs were available for purchase. The only way to get them all was in fact trading and sharing them, and that's what we and everyone else did. They sold the CD's and all the costs were covered, nobody got hurt.

THEN when all the shows were available, we official stopped that but everyone still kept doing it, which is a part of the reason the DSPs were stopped. Like I said it's it just a part of the reason, I personally think that the lack of promotion is still the major reason that the DSPs didn't make enough money.

Of course they don't seem to have the final say in this, because all those statements that sharing is ok mysteriously disappeared once the shop opened. It doesn't matter what they say, just because they say it doesn't make things right. If an artist tells you to pirate their music doesn't make it right. Of course they don't care if we share them, buy them or whatever.

Yeah, it's very crazy to me as well. I know for a fact that Mike and Chester have encouraged it. And since they stopped doing DSP's altogether now and the website doesn't work even if you want to purchase one, I feel like they shouldn't care if we share it. But I understand, I wouldn't want LPL to suffer because of it. I just don't get it.

Wait so if I went to purchase one from the site (which is still up) right now, it wouldn't work?