Grantland article on Linkin Park

lakersfan13

"A little negative", bro? Dude tore LP to shreds, literally to shreds. I don't think I've read a more competent article shitting on LP in the past five years.

That comment was written after I read the first section.

Then I read the rest of it.

This asshole is still the most pretentious, douchebaggy motherfucker I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. This article is worse than the Stereogum article about the Grammys. There's criticizing a group and then there's being a complete fucking tool. This dude's a tool. This dude used LP as a shitty means of killing two birds with one stone - illustrating the "death of rock radio" (radio has been dying for twenty fucking years, pull the stick out of your ass and grow the fuck up, download Spotify, dumbass) and dissing the band that everyone loves to shit all over but secretly loser-raged out to in the early 2000s. This fucking guy probably loved Hybrid Theory when it came out and is too ashamed to admit it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed reading an article. The moment that other person posted about this series of articles, I knew this would end badly once it got to LP. I knew this dude would use this opportunity to wank and whine about radio while shitting all over the biggest target of the 2000s. I'm shocked he didn't mention Green Day, too.

Basically fuck this guy.

"A little negative", bro? Dude tore LP to shreds, literally to shreds. I don't think I've read a more competent article shitting on LP in the past five years.

That comment was written after I read the first section.

Then I read the rest of it.

This asshole is still the most pretentious, douchebaggy motherfucker I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. This article is worse than the Stereogum article about the Grammys. There's criticizing a group and then there's being a complete fucking tool. This dude's a tool. This dude used LP as a shitty means of killing two birds with one stone - illustrating the "death of rock radio" (radio has been dying for twenty fucking years, pull the stick out of your ass and grow the fuck up, download Spotify, dumbass) and dissing the band that everyone loves to shit all over but secretly loser-raged out to in the early 2000s. This fucking guy probably loved Hybrid Theory when it came out and is too ashamed to admit it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed reading an article. The moment that other person posted about this series of articles, I knew this would end badly once it got to LP. I knew this dude would use this opportunity to wank and whine about radio while shitting all over the biggest target of the 2000s. I'm shocked he didn't mention Green Day, too.

Basically fuck this guy.

This

I only skimmed through the article, he tears the band to shreds

What a jerk.

guys, don't get excited too much, everyone has the right to express his opinion and then shove it up his a$$.

it feels like only 40% of this article talking about LP. and it's weird.

the article titles "The Winners History of Rock and Roll" and all along the way, he try to explain why they need to be "The Winners History of Pop and Poll". he just contradicted himself.

some journalists dependents on saying annoying things to get responses, and generate interest in what they say. i'm all for freedom of expression, but this guy just trying to irritate. i've already read reviews "against" LP, but none of them was like this "Article".

Edited by Skipees

guys, don't get excited too much, everyone has the right to express his opinion and then shove it up his a$$.

it feels like only 40% of this article talking about LP. and it's wierd.

Yep, this.

Just another rock purist that hated Nu-Metal and and never gave newer LP albums a chance. I doubt that he's even listened to anything post Hybrid Theory.

Well, yes, since he said he liked The Catalyst and Burn It Down.

To me, it sounded like he basically hated all LP stuff, the "old teeny nu metal stuff", and the "new pretentious stuff".

Not that I care about what some random critics says btw. It's not the first time someone is bashing on LP, and it will not be the last.

Edited by Qwerty18

the only cool thing about this article was the old school photo

i've never seen that one.

I was thinking the same thing! Haha. But seriously this guy is a douche. He didn't write really anything about LPJZ, the grammy's with Paul McCartney, Fort Minor, DBS, MTM, ATS or LT. He just bashed LP for their nu-metal style work. That alone can tell you he doesn't really know LP much. Only their ''big hits''. Lol. After I realized that I started laughing at how dumb this guy is rather than get mad or defensive.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...