Linkin Park Playing Summer Sonic 2013

RogueSoul

Also, food for thought: LP's playing Summer Sonic in the middle of August, after what's looking like it'll be at least a couple months off from touring, and we know they're going back into the studio a bit later this year. With these 2 shows likely being "on an island" between the end of this touring cycle and album #6, could we see a second new song debuted 7 years (SEVEN YEARS?! My god.) after QWERTY?

That's some serious food for thought right there. That would be really awesome.

Anyways, I don't think LP would open for Muse. Muse are big in the UK and Europe but in Japan, LP are pretty big. I definitely could see LP opening for Metallica, same goes for Muse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I don't think LP would open for Muse. Muse are big in the UK and Europe but in Japan, LP are pretty big. I definitely could see LP opening for Metallica, same goes for Muse.

EVERYONE opens for Metallica. I don't even remember the last time they were an opening act.

EVERYONE opens for Metallica. I don't even remember the last time they were an opening act.

That's essentially what I was saying. I'm not a Metallica fan at all but I understand. I was saying I don't think LP would/should ever open for Muse.

The only way I could see LP opening for Muse would be if it was at a big festival in England like Reading or Glastonbury, stuff like that. Muse are basically considered gods over there. I'd say Japan is a pretty neutral ground for both bands though.

Also, food for thought: LP's playing Summer Sonic in the middle of August, after what's looking like it'll be at least a couple months off from touring, and we know they're going back into the studio a bit later this year. With these 2 shows likely being "on an island" between the end of this touring cycle and album #6, could we see a second new song debuted 7 years (SEVEN YEARS?! My god.) after QWERTY?

Yeah for sure but it's weird they'd get Muse to headline a day over Linkin Park, but they both have headlined the festival before so I guess they are fair game.

And yeah maybe they play a new song in Japan. Huge studio break after Australia perhaps. I bet they'll go back and do the Mall movie music stuff after Australia, hence no tour. But maybe they do tour....we don't know for sure what they'll do yet even though it's sounding like no tour.

The only way I could see LP opening for Muse would be if it was at a big festival in England like Reading or Glastonbury, stuff like that. Muse are basically considered gods over there.

even if they were in the UK, I still don't think LP would open for Muse. big bands (like Metallica) aside, LP are still a pretty consistent headliner over here.

I also couldn't imagine LP playing Glastonbury, even Reading/Leeds is starting to look less and less like the sort of festival LP'd be approached for...

they're becoming the preserve of rock/metal festivals over here, for old time's sake.

The only way I could see LP opening for Muse would be if it was at a big festival in England like Reading or Glastonbury, stuff like that. Muse are basically considered gods over there. I'd say Japan is a pretty neutral ground for both bands though.

Holy mackerel I can't believe it's been seven years. Maybe they will, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

More likely I would think is that Mike will continue doing the hundreds of things he does, and the rest of the band will just chill with their family. Remember that 4/6 of them are dads, a lot of them with little kids.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a really weird lineup...

Must be the only festival ever to feature Metallica, Earth Wind & Fire and Carly Rae Jepsen...

maybe the organizers try to bring everyboy in every age. "Family Event". Edited by Skipees

If they do, I hope they don't switch to EMI. All the live videos on the internet (Full Shows, Proshots, and DSPs) are screwed.

If they switch emi then finally India will get a show cuz we have a Emi HQ office and every time they distribute Warner sucks !! And warner controlling the band tour their choice of countries will come to an end finally I hope they switch we r poor lads guys sorry we need them once here at least

Edited by aravind221

Muse really exploded with their The Resistance album. That album surely was WAY more successful than A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS. I wonder how The 2nd Law did in comparison to LIVING THINGS. Muse certainly has way fucking bigger tours than LP, although LP seems way bigger in Germany where Muse only does 1-2 shows in Germany each tour. That might just be because LP chooses to barely tour anymore though and Muse likes touring.

LP in Sunrise and Tampa 2011 brought thousands more than Muse brought a weekend ago to those exact same venues, interestingly enough. Summer Sonic is Japan obviously so it seems Muse might be bigger than LP there now, if they are headlining over LP. I guess they both have their markets and both can easily headline huge international festivals.