Linkin Park to Perform at the 2012 American Music Awards

SOHAIL_Lq

The 2012 American Music Awards is November 18th and organizers have announced today that Linkin Park will be one of the performers for the 40th annual award show.

Other performances include Cristina Aguilera, Taylor Swift, and Nicki Minaj.

The award show will be broadcasted live from Los Angeles on November 18th at 8PM ET on ABC.

the band is also nominated for Favorite Alternative Artist.

Source: Mike Shinoda Clan

you can vote for the band as Favourite Alternative Artist via the links in this thread

I bet they will perform either "LOST IN THE ECHO" OR "CASTLE OF GLASS"

It will be awesome if they debut COG at the award show..

tbh I don't think that they will perform CoG for the first time when everyone's watching

BID or LITE is my guess

tbh I don't think that they will perform CoG for the first time when everyone's watching

BID or LITE is my guess

sensible guess, but nov 12th release for COG, show on the 18th...? I'm sure they'll have had time to rehearse while they're off tour.

Lost In The Echo is not really a single, i would call it internet single lol not serious business

It's more than clear that they will perform CASTLE OF GLASS, the video is out, the single is almost out, it's a great opportunity to give it exposure

I'm in two minds about the liklihood of COG being played...

it's logical time-wise, but is COG too quiet and introspective for a one-song performance. BID and LITE are good promos for Living Things since they're two of the big anthemic tracks, but I don't know, COG might not be suitable for the audience they'll be playing to :/

I bet they will perform either "LOST IN THE ECHO" OR "CASTLE OF GLASS"

It will be awesome if they debut COG at the award show..

I think they will be performing Lost In The Echo. For me, Castle Of Glass is not a single. The video was made for promote the game.

...It baffles me how people can argue that LITE and COG "aren't singles." They both have music videos, they both have CD singles, both either already have or will be released to radio, and both either already have or will be released as digital singles.

Pretty sure they'll be playing LITE at this show. Even if they surprise us and debut COG in South Africa, LITE is a much better choice for this type of performance. Always want to bring the energy when you're only playing one song.

Edited by Astat

Pretty sure they'll be playing LITE at this show. Even if they surprise us and debut COG in South Africa, LITE is a much better choice for this type of performance. Always want to bring the energy when you're only playing one song.

my thoughts exactly

• 3 weeks later...