19.06.2012 - Rio+Social Event Performance

On the 19th LP will perform for Rio+Social, but we're not really sure where exactly they'll play. Maybe Third Encore, their rehearsal studio? I guess we'll have to tune in to find out. I don't really see a need for a legit preshow post for this since fans can\'t attend and this is a very rare case of LP webcasting a performance that fans aren't at.

All we really know:

LP: "We are excited to announce that we will be participating in Rio+Social: a global conversation about sustainability and how music, gaming, and social media can change the world for the better. Join us on Tuesday June 19th for a discussion and exclusive performance at http://www.youtube.com/thewarnersound."

Phoenix also said on Twitter: "Linkin Park & Rio+Social Tomorrow 6/19. Mike and I will be participating in a panel discussion, and we'll play a couple songs. Get involved."

What songs do you think the band will play? Who's tuning in? I believe the performance could be anytime during the day unfortunately. Where do you think the performance will be?

EDIT: The webcast showed a pre-recorded performance from Third Encore from sometime in May. The exact date is currently unknown.

SETLIST:

01. What I've Done

02. LIES GREED MISERY

03. Waiting For The End (album version, no "Apaches" intro, no "Wall of noise" outro)

04. Numb

05. BURN IT DOWN

06. New Divide

Thoughts on the performance?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played a clip of Mike talking on the big screen, with Tinfoil playing in the background followed by a small clip of Faint.

Seems like they played Tinfoil live behind the screen, and that was live performance - succes, everyone pleasent :D

They really had to use

video as a presentation. Edited by Nikita

"Recharge", the new LP game looks absolutely fantastic. I hope someone snagged the trailer. The premise is the "Hybrids" have energy sucking machines in a post apocalyptic world. It will be on facebook around September (estimate).

I think LP is going to play soon.

lprecharge.com is the website for the game.

Performance started. They must be kidding me. This stream is one big peace of shit. Bad aspect ratio, poor quality. Looks like they streaming webcam via webcam, like they did during the Q&A.

Setlist:

01. What I've Done

02. LIES GREED MISERY

03. Waiting For The End (album version, no "Apaches" intro, no "Wall of noise" outro)

04. Numb

05. BURN IT DOWN

06. New Divide

Performance ended.

Edited by Nikita