Possible Living Things Snippets

jakolp

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know and there are guitars in LITE, BID and LGM, too but i mean real loud distorted guitars like on One Step Closer not guitars that are very low in the mix and overwhelmed by electronic stuff. i am excited how this electronic record turns out...

Well IMO they are not so overwhelmed. Especially in Lost in the Echo it's a clear heavy guitar sound. The distortion is different from the HT era but these are clearly guitars.

Song Guitar

The Requiem No

The Radiance Nope

BITS Yeah, clearly hearable

Empty Space No, obviously

WTCFM yeah some in the bridge

Robot Boy (yes, at the end)

Jornada del Muerto (yes, it's layered in there)

Waiting for the end (the string sounding part is also guitar, which runs through the whole song)

Blackout No

Wretches and Kings (the main riff is a highly effected guitar, though I wouldn't count it as full guitar)

WJaL No

Iridescent (there is guitar after the first chorus during the transition between the chorus and verse)

Fallout No

The Catalyst somewhere slightly in the middle and the end

The Messenger Yeah, clear accoustic guitar, hell yeah

oh so, how couldn't i hear those overwhelming power of almighty guitar power on ATS. i mean most of the guitars were discovered only after 4 times of listening.

For all those who wanna know what a guitar is: Watch the epic video of OSC, brad has one in his hand.

after this wall of irony. i really like ATS, i think it's a cool project of the band and i still look forward to the new album. i'm not against electronic stuff, but pls let victimized be a hardcore rocker!

I fixed that up a bit for you. However, I understand how you didn't notice a lot of that guitar stuff. For me, guitar is like every other instrument, to be complementary to the song. However, rock music made it the focal point of the song, and LP obviously saw it as that in the beginning as well. I love what LP makes, whether it be fully guitar based or electronic based, but I love how they blend their instruments together more, and that's what ATS did very well. I'm not very good at expressing this, but it's good to know that there was more guitar there than it seemed ^^;

IN MY REMAINS is my favorite so far. I love them all. Can't wait for a full leak. Should have been leaked by now.

How dare you! Mike said to wait for the full release!

P.S.: Can't wait for the leak too!

Over half the songs on A Thousand Suns have guitar on them. Sometimes it was used subtly, but was nonetheless there. It's not a guitar oriented album by any means, but frankly neither is much of Minutes to Midnight.

Ehm...actually M2M might be their most "guitarish" record.

We should get Amazon clips for the whole album tonight, right? Can't wait. All you guys that are gonna wait for your purchased copy, I could never be that strong!

Not sure. Though Amazon has updated the page to include their music player, it could be days before they actually upload the clips. No way to really know for sure.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Amazon adding the music player. I've seen things not have a preview well beyond when they should have. That being said, Amazon in other countries sometimes seems to be a bit ahead, like .de, .fr, or .jp, for those checking. They might pop up earlier in countries where the album is released earlier.

Edited by letdownagain

Well IMO they are not so overwhelmed. Especially in Lost in the Echo it's a clear heavy guitar sound. The distortion is different from the HT era but these are clearly guitars.

ehm, do you know how a guitar sounds? :D

i think i prefer the sound of the hybrid theory era tbh, though i don't wanna critizice the beginning of the song negatively.

False, watch some livevideos...

omg, now i am a huge fan of this song ;). if i only had known this! damn it!

ehm, do you know how a guitar sounds? :D

i think i prefer the sound of the hybrid theory era tbh, though i don't wanna critizice the beginning of the song negatively.

Yes I know how a guitar sounds. And there's a thing called effect pedal that can make it sound like ANYTHING. Not only one type of distortion makes it "a guitar".

I fixed that up a bit for you. However, I understand how you didn't notice a lot of that guitar stuff. For me, guitar is like every other instrument, to be complementary to the song. However, rock music made it the focal point of the song, and LP obviously saw it as that in the beginning as well. I love what LP makes, whether it be fully guitar based or electronic based, but I love how they blend their instruments together more, and that's what ATS did very well. I'm not very good at expressing this, but it's good to know that there was more guitar there than it seemed ^^;

thanks for the correction. imo guitar is a more important instrument than other ones like a bass,a keyboard or the turntables even though they're of course necessary. therefore i missed the distortion of the guitar, not the guitar itself as many other point out that 'the guitars left'

i think i get your idea and i also love how they mix and arrange different things from different style but an old classic rock song in between all of that electronica would be nice. that's what missing so far.

Yes I know how a guitar sounds. And there's a thing called effect pedal that can make it sound like ANYTHING. Not only one type of distortion makes it "a guitar".

well let's finish it with the conclusion that we both know what the other person wants to say ;)

Perhaps I shouldn't've pointed out that "guitars are back" statement. Brought back the ridiculous ATS guitar debates.

so how bout dem LIVING THINGS snippets eh? Personally, I think after this I'm going to wait for the whole album to show up somewhere. Done with snippets and all that crap.

Over half the songs on A Thousand Suns have guitar on them. Sometimes it was used subtly, but was nonetheless there. It's not a guitar oriented album by any means, but frankly neither is much of Minutes to Midnight.

MTM is their most guitar oriented album, it's definitely their most straight forward rock/punk/alternative/metal album of all.

But do you know how the breaking point sounds?

Mike showed me recently.

Chester was a bit of a dick about it. Wanted me to choke and suffer all alone.

on topic - I'm really liking the sound of the snippets. LITE seems really interesting.

So far, I'm impressed with what we've heard of the 7 songs

BID - very good

LGM - amazing

Tinfoil - second only to JDM for me

UIB - I like the lyrics to the verse they currently do to the intro of WFTE

LITE - it does have that dance sound to it, but I like how it fuses it with the heavy guitar sound

IMR - I like the build up of the snippet.

IBG - Awesome guitar

MTM is their most guitar oriented album, it's definitely their most straight forward rock/punk/alternative/metal album of all.

it's not the most guitar oriented, but (when there are guitars) it has the most clear and honest sound to the guitars, that what makes it really metal rock and alternative. indeed :)

it's not the most guitar oriented, but (when there are guitars) it has the most clear and honest sound to the guitars, that what makes it really metal rock and alternative. indeed :)

When there are guitars?

Apart from In Between, and arguably Leave Out All the Rest, guitar plays a very prominent role in all of the tracks on Minutes To Midnight.

You sir, need a new pair of ears. :mellow: