06.06.2012 - Bucharest, Romania

On the 6th, Linkin Park heads to play their first show ever in Bucharest, Romania at the Romexpo for the seventh show of the Summer European Tour. It's the first time the band has appeared in Romania. The last time LP played a country they haven't ever played before was almost one year ago in Arendal, Norway for the Hove Festival (show page here). LP's 2003 show in Norway was canceled though, so Romania is really the first time the band has scheduled and played a show in a country for the first time (without cancellation) since Tel Aviv, Israel in 2011 (show page here).

Recapping the last five days, LP played two festivals, one TV show and one headlining show. Rock am Ring (show page here) was complained about by many fans due to the German law forcing them to limit their live sound to 99dBA. However, the band still put on a solid performance. Rock im Park (show page here), the other festival, featured LP fan Richard proposing to his girlfriend on 'Bleed It Out'. By the way she said yes and Chester concluded it with "Alright enough of that shit, it's time to fucking party" before the band launched into their Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' cover.

Köln (show page here) featured what we think is the best 'BURN IT DOWN' performance yet. I'd post a good proshot video for you but it looks like some morons won't let it be uploaded on YouTube. Instead, enjoy a video shot behind the stage by a cool fan! Anyway, Berlin (show page here) enjoyed the same setlist that the Hollywood LPU show got with 'LIES GREED MISERY' added in. It was an intimate show with LPU members and lucky fans that won tickets. If you didn't get to see it since you weren't in Berlin, no worries because US fans can see part of the show in theaters on June 25. Others will have to wait for the DSP! Speaking of DSPs, the Lisbon, Pinkpop and Skive shows are up, so if you want them head on over to the DSP site and grab one.

A band from Moldova called Zdob și Zdub, who combines Romanian folk music with hip hop and hardcore punk music, will open the show. Who's headed to the show? M&G anyone? This is also a non-festival show so it's possible the band will use their Berlin setlist again. It seems like the 22 song set that opens with 'A Place For My Head' will be used for festivals in Europe while the other one will be used for the headlining shows. However, LP does whatever they want and anything can happen so I guess we could really expect either one! Which set do you think Romania will get?

On the 8th, LP plays NovaRock in Austria and plays Warsaw, Poland and Moscow, Russia in the two days after that. Shows in Odesa, Ukraine and St. Petersburg, Russia close the tour on the 12th and 14th. For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST: (thanks to LPL member Gual)

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

07. Blackout

08. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

09. New Divide (False start; stopped due to Mike) keyboard problems

10. A Place For My Head (No intro, ext. bridge, ext. outro)

11. New Divide (Full song)

12. LIES GREED MISERY

13. Points Of Authority

14. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

15. Breaking The Habit

16. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

17. The Catalyst

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer

-----------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Numb

23. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

'A Place For My Head' makes its way into the other setlist! It is the first time 'A Place For My Head' and 'Blackout' are in the same setlist, following Berlin being the first time 'Blackout' and 'LIES MISERY GREED' were in the same set. Impressive! Thoughts on the setlist? Pretty sure APFMH was played due to keyboard problems with 'New Divide' though and it wasn't planned. 'Crawling' was dropped as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine APFMH, Given Up, Faint, NMS, Qwerty, Blackout, OSC, Figure.09, Hit The Floor, Bleed It Out, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, With You, Runaway, By Myself, all in one set. Lol. But yeah, I hope they start playing Blackout more... I love it live, I'd love for the band to keep that for the Honda tour but I don't think they even will.

If you didn't get to see it since you weren't in Berlin, no worries because US fans can see part of the show in theaters on June 25. Others will have to wait for the DSP!

wait what? I thought they'll show the entire concert in the US theaters?

and btw. the german channel Pro7 will show some highlights...

about tonights show: I think they'll play the main headline set v2 (the same as berlin)

i got back to my hotel! the show was awesome.

The Setlist was this:

SETLIST:

TINFOIL

Faint (Ext. Outro)

Papercut

With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

Runaway

Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

Blackout

Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

New Divide (they stopped during the intro cause Mike's keyboard or what'is that broken down, aftel a little pause the started to play...

A Place For My Head No intro, little extended bridge (more try to.. and go away) there was ext. outro

New Divide

LIES GREED MISERY

Points Of Authority

Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

Breaking The Habit

LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

The Catalyst

What I've Done

One Step Closer

BURN IT DOWN

In The End

Numb

Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

They dropped crawling

I guess i remember well :D

Edited by Gual