• POWERLESS - 03:44
Total - 00:36:58

Source: Tower.jp thanks to LPA

Total album length of previous studio releases:

Hybrid Theory - 37:52

Meteora - 36:34

Minutes to Midnight - 43:31

A Thousand Suns - 47:56

As we can see, Linkin Park went back to Hybrid Theory era album length. What do you think about this? Victimized seems to be rather short song.

seems skin to bone is also pretty short...

and victimized too - is that one of the songs that's tipped to be really agresive? 'cause if it is they've gone all Minor Threat on us :lol:

to be honest, track/album lengths don't bother me - content more important ;) and to be fair, it's been a damned quick process to record this album, I'd take shorter tracks over longer time between releases any day

Total - 00:36:58

Total album length of previous studio releases:

Hybrid Theory - 37:52

Meteora - 36:34

Minutes to Midnight - 43:31

A Thousand Suns - 47:56

As you can see, Meteroa has the shortest length so far ;)

Edited by The_Glue

With such a quick turnover time from ATS I'm not too surprised. I'm ok with it though ecause it should me there is very little filler.

As long as it sounds good I am all for new Linkin Park, and I have to agree getting an album out for LP so close to the last is really nice to see they continued to move forward.

As long as it sounds good I am all for new Linkin Park, and I have to agree getting an album out for LP so close to the last is really nice to see they continued to move forward.

Plus we get a bunch of remixes which, while they aren't new tracks, do add some variety in as well. Edited by SoxRock

Damn that is disappointing. I thought for this CD they'd have long stuff like Catalyst and TLTGYA. Really hard to believe MTM is that short. Shadow and TLTGYA are longer tracks. If you add NRL and ATL to MTM though you get over a 50 minute album. Blackbirds makes it even longer. \m/

As long as the album delivers. Yes, it sucks that Victamized, the "heaviest" song yet for the band, is under 2 minutes, but as long as it does it's part connecting the album I don't care. They realyl started to be concern with the album flow since MTM and it's gradually grown since then so I'm sure Living Things won't be any different. 10 1/2 songs, better than 9 and 6 interludes/instrumentals haha

This album is so weird for me. I'm not excited like I was for ATS or MTM I was like jumping out of my skin for those two. This one I'm worried about, I know feelings are mixed but ATS was so artistic, beautiful. It was a perfect album because it was a solid work not a collection of songs. It made me raise the bar for this band its like wow they can do borderline prog rock. The length of the songs worry me but

I understand where they are coming from.

I like what I've heard so far though. BID is decent not ground breaking but far from bad, and Lies Greed Misery is so so so weird in a really awesome way.

Tower Records ?

This is legit ?

We'll see. :)

BTW, strange thing. They say that total duration is 00:41:02... Maybe I added lengths incorrectly, or they have some length incorrect.

We'll see. :)

BTW, strange thing. They say that total duration is 00:41:02... Maybe I added lengths incorrectly, or they have some length incorrect.

that length difference is because the japanese edition has a bonus track...I think it's WID live... not sure though

Edited by wiiesel

Meteora is my personal favorite, so I guess I can't judge on length. Though honestly I was a bit surprised that after ATS they'd go back to such a short album, and the "LP length" Phoenix had mentioned. Though like everyone has said, its the quality over quantity and if LP is anything its quality.

I still can't wait for this album to drop. Only a month left!

that length difference is because the japanese edition has a bonus track...I think it's WID live... not sure though

Yeah, but it says 00:00 on their site for bonus track.

It says What I've Done (live) on their site, btw.

If Victimizied is as heavy as they say it is, having it be a shorter track may not be such a bad thing. It's probably going to be this 2 minute explosion of pure energy. If it were a longer 4 minute song, there may have been parts where it dies down and loses its momentum.