Your Top 10 Favourite Linkin Park songs

Bliss

Let me introduce you to an album called Minutes to Midnight :lol:

Kidding of course...but all Meteora and HT songs...? Nothing for the other FOUR albums?

Minutes to Midnight? What are you talking about? The last album that LP had released was Meteora. (shh!! I'm in 2004 and I'm following LP from the beginning, so don't be surprised in a few months if you see another list with songs from new albums) :D

PS: I heard that LP is going to make an album with Jay Z or something like that. I can't wait.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minutes to Midnight? What are you talking about? The last album that LP had released was Meteora. (shh!! I'm in 2004 and I'm following LP from the beginning, so don't be surprised in a few months if you see another list with songs from new albums) :D

PS: I heard that LP is going to make an album with Jay Z or something like that. I can't wait.

Hahaha. I heard Mike is making his own album solo. ;)

1. The Catalyst: Definitely my favourite song. The vocals sound amazing and the lyrics are some of my favourite they band has ever written. An absolutely amazing instrumental as well, from the cool sounding electronic "solo" after the second chorus, to the beautiful piano that comes in for the bridge. Mike singing "Lift me up, let me go", and the way it builds up until the songs ends with Chester singing "God bless us everyone" is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. The drumming throughout this part is also incredible.

2. In My Remains: This song has a pretty great instrumental, but what really makes it great are the vocals. I absolutely love the lyrics in this song, and Chester does an amazing job singing them. When Mike starts singing the bridge is so awesome, and then once Chester joins in it really becomes something amazing. I love the way they continue the "one by one" throughout the last chorus, and then the song ends with Mike singing. Considering how great this song is, I'm surprised it wasn't released as a single.

3. In The End: I absolutely love the piano in this song. Then when you add on the drum beat and the vocals, you get a really amazing song. The guitar, bass, and other sounds also contribute, but the vocals really stand out in this song. This was the first song I heard with rap that I liked, and will always hold a special place in my heard. This song and Numb are what got me into Linkin Park, and will always be two of my favourites.

4. Faint: Great rap, really cool faced-paced instrumental, and some intense vocals from Chester. The bridge is the first song I ever heard with screaming, and it is absolutely incredible. The way Chester screams "I won't be ignored!" is one of the best screams he's every done.

5. Iridescent: I love the way this song starts with just piano, and builds up to the bridge. When the guitar comes in after the second chorus is really cool, and then the gang vocals are absolutely amazing. When everyone is singing "Let it gooooooooo" is one of my favourite moments out of any song. The drums that come in during the bridge are really good as well.

6. Numb: An awesome sounding song, many cool sounds in this song, from the drums to the piano we hear throughout the song. The vocals are amazing as well, Chester does an incredible job. And although all Mike really does is say "Caught in the undertow", I feel like he does contribute a lot to the song, and it would feel more empty without him.

7. Rebellion: Definitely my favourite song off The Hunting Party. Mike's vocals in this song are incredible, and the harmony between him and Chester is awesome. The thing that originally got me interested in Linkin Park was the fact that they had two vocalists, which is just so cool, and this song makes great use of it. The drums and guitar are absolutely incredible, Daron certainly brings an awesome sound to this song, I'm glad they worked with him.

8. Somewhere I Belong: This song has an awesome sounding instrumental, the intro sounds absolutely incredible. The vocals really stand out as well, and the way they make use of both vocalists is amazing, with Chester saying a few lines over Mike's verses, and Mike rapping "erase all the pain 'til it's gone" under the chorus.

9. Bleed It Out: No song will ever get me as hyped as this one does. From the electric guitar that dominates the instrumental, to Mike's awesome raps, to Chester's great vocals, this song is definitely my favourite off Minutes to Midnight.

10. Lost in the Echo: An awesome song that perfectly blended their new style with their old style, to create one incredible track. The instrumental for this song sounds very cool, and the vocals are absolutely incredible. Mike's raps are great, and Chester singing the chorus sounds amazing. I also love how each chorus sounds different from the last, and I like the way they play around with the second one. I think this might be the most recent song where we can really hear Joe on the turntable.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Papercut - The first song I ever heard from the band when I first popped Hybrid Theory in my CD player. I'll always love that intro. Plus it's a good song when played live and just a good song overall to me, it never gets old.

2. Carousel - A song that only the hardcore fans know. I think it's a great song and probably should have been on Hybrid Theory. The lyrics are dark for a typical Linkin Park song, I think it's about drugs. But it's angry and dark, and I like Mike's rapping and Chester's screams in it too.

3. Keys to the Kingdom - Probably the heaviest song by Linkin Park, I would say. Just like Papercut, I love the intro, and it never gets old for me. Chester sounds so damn awesome on this track.

4. Lying From You - I think the intro of this song really grips you and pulls you in right away. It's a cool song. I like when the band plays it live and I think it's one of the best songs from the early days.

5. Valentine's Day - I know that I'm gonna get shit for saying this because this song is on Minutes to Midnight and because it's not heavy or angry, but I really like this song. I think it's a very sad sounding song, but I like the way Chester sings on this track a lot. It feels real and genuine to me. It doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song but I think that's why I like it so much. I remember a lot of people said it was emo when it came out, but I think this track is something that Linkin Park can do well and should explore more.

6. A.06 - This is another song that only the hardcore fans will know, just like Carousel. It's really short but it's so damn awesome. I really wish the band made it a full song and put it on Meteora. There is no words but I really like it.

7. In My Remains - I think this is another song I will get shit for saying is my favorite but I love this song. Again, I think Chester sounds awesome on this song and I love the lyrics. It reminds me of my Dad for some weird reason and about what will remain of me once I leave this Earth as well. I know it's weird but that's how it makes me feel.

8. Qwerty - I had to put this one on the list. It's an epic song and everyone knows it, even though it wasn't on Minutes to Midnight. A very heavy song and a very pissed off song. I remember a lot of people in my family and work got pissed off at me for playing this song super loud all the time. Haha. But it's a good Hybrid Theory style sounding song and the last song the band has made before changing.

9. Faint - Just like Lying From You, I think this song just pulls you in instantly when you hear the intro. I love how they had people play the song with them at times like Of Mice & Men and The Used and other bands like that over time. It's such a good heavy song and it will get stuck in your head for days. One of my favorites over the years and still is to me.

10. Leave Out All the Rest - What can I say, I did actually like Minutes to Midnight. Again, I love the lyrics in this song. I think the band has the best lyrics on this album actually. This song makes me think about what people will think of me once I'm gone and it's emotional to me. I also like the beat a lot in this song too.

5. Valentine's Day - I know that I'm gonna get shit for saying this because this song is on Minutes to Midnight and because it's not heavy or angry, but I really like this song. I think it's a very sad sounding song, but I like the way Chester sings on this track a lot. It feels real and genuine to me. It doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song but I think that's why I like it so much. I remember a lot of people said it was emo when it came out, but I think this track is something that Linkin Park can do well and should explore more.

7. In My Remains - I think this is another song I will get shit for saying is my favorite but I love this song. Again, I think Chester sounds awesome on this song and I love the lyrics. It reminds me of my Dad for some weird reason and about what will remain of me once I leave this Earth as well. I know it's weird but that's how it makes me feel.

10. Leave Out All the Rest - What can I say, I did actually like Minutes to Midnight. Again, I love the lyrics in this song. I think the band has the best lyrics on this album actually. This song makes me think about what people will think of me once I'm gone and it's emotional to me. I also like the beat a lot in this song too.

...Who do you think we are that you'll get scolded for liking songs from Minutes To Midnight? LT songs are a bit iffy here but come on...

There are some people who prefer the old stuff, some people who prefer the new stuff, but no decent fan site is going to give you shit for liking any of their songs.

I quite like Valentine's Day, especially the ending. Many people like Minutes to Midnight, it is one of my favourite albums simply because it has so much variety. The idea of Given Up and In Between on the same album is pretty funny to me, and I love how many different songs we got from that album.

Why would he not be?

Nvm, he's right, I was totally out of my mind when I set that list, here's mine now:

10. Rebellion.

9. Points Of Authority

8. Powerless

7. With You

6. No More Sorrow

5. A Place For My Head

4. Papercut

3. Lying From You

2. Lost in the Echo

1. Don't Stay

---Honorable Mentions---

Wretches & Kings

Nobody's Listening

Pushing Me Away

Robot Boy

Burning in the Skies

All For Nothing

IT'S MY GODDAMNED OPINION DAMMIT, AND YES, I AM SERIOUS.

Edited by ChesterBEN

Nvm, he's right, I was totally out of my mind when I set that list, here's mine now:

10. Rebellion.

9. Points Of Authority

8. Powerless

7. With You

6. No More Sorrow

5. A Place For My Head

4. Papercut

3. Lying From You

2. Lost in the Echo

1. Don't Stay

---Honorable Mentions---

Wretches & Kings

Nobody's Listening

Pushing Me Away

Robot Boy

Burning in the Skies

All For Nothing

IT'S MY GODDAMNED OPINION DAMMIT, AND YES, I AM SERIOUS.

Are you serious?

• 1 month later...

f*ck the rules I'm posting top 30 because they're that good.

30.cumulus 2002 demo. 29.primo ill be gone demo. 28. from the inside. 27.blackout. 26. frg10. 25.easier to run. 24. waiting for the end. 23.faint. 22.powerless 21.with you. 20.pushing me away/pu5ing me away. 19.in the end 18.jornada del muerto. 17.the catalyst. 16.nobodys listening. 15. castle of glass. 14.drawbar. 13.line in the sand. 12.runaway/rnawy(or however they f*cking spell it) 11.lies greed misery. 10.session. 9.by myself/by_myslf 8.basquiet. 7.until it breaks. 6.blackbirds. 5.papercut. 4.mark the graves 3.breaking the habit. 2.points of authority. 1.figure09 (no order)

• 3 weeks later...

30.cumulus 2002 demo. 29.primo ill be gone demo. 28. from the inside. 27.blackout. 26. frg10. 25.easier to run. 24. waiting for the end. 23.faint. 22.powerless 21.with you. 20.pushing me away/pu5ing me away. 19.in the end 18.jornada del muerto. 17.the catalyst. 16.nobodys listening. 15. castle of glass. 14.drawbar. 13.line in the sand. 12.runaway/rnawy(or however they f*cking spell it) 11.lies greed misery. 10.session. 9.by myself/by_myslf 8.basquiet. 7.until it breaks. 6.blackbirds. 5.papercut. 4.mark the graves 3.breaking the habit. 2.points of authority. 1.figure09 (no order)

Hi Mike!

Hybrid, our lists are night and day different...

1. Blackout

2. Keys To The Kingdom

3. A Line In The Sand

4. Guilty All The Same

5. The Little Things Give You Away

6. The Catalyst

7. Lost In The Echo

8. Rebellion

9. Waiting For The End

10. No More Sorrow

The top 3 could probably be rearranged in any order.

• 1 year later...

This is the weirdest top 30 I ve ever seen but I fucking love it ;)

I think mine would be like :

1BTH

2 POA

3 the Catalyst

4 Papercut

5 The Messenger

6 APFMH

7 WFTE

8 Crawling

9 OML

10 Final Masquerade = LOATR

Bleed It Out has become like my favorite song over the past month or so for some reason, I've been playing all versions of it, live, studio, demo, etc. I'd include that in my top ten for sure.

I just watched the live debut of that song yesterday! New York '07. One of my favorites too.

1. One More Light
2. Castle Of Glass
3. Burning In The Skies
4. The Little Things Give You Away
5. Valentine's Day
6. Robot Boy
7. Final Masquerade
8. Roads Untraveled
9. Tinfoil / Powerless
10. Mark The Graves

Honorable mentions: Waiting For The End, Hands Held High, Leave Out All The Rest, Blackbirds, Halfway Right

• 2 weeks later...

1. INVISIBLE (Mike come out with a voice we haven't ever seen and Chester's Angelic Voice in the background completes this song into one of my all time faves) It's a shame we can't see this live with Chester any more, I was REALLY looking forward to it.

2. NO MORE SORROW (PURE ENERGY&EPICNESS)

3. GIVEN UP (MORE PURE ENERGY & EPICNESS) The 16 second scream is BAD ASS

4. WAITING FOR THE END (SHOWCASES the musical range and talent that Linkin Park has) Love this music video too. Probably my all time favorite music video that really digs deep in your soul.

5. SHADOW OF THE DAY

6. WHAT I'VE DONE

7. NUMB/ENCORE (The song that got me into LP)

8. UNTIL IT'S GONE

9. Burning in the Skies (This song really tied together A Thousand Suns, the instruments on this song are beautiful, one of the best linkin park songs ever, a true musical masterpiece)

10. When They Come for Me (TRY TO CATCH UP MOTHERFUCKER!)

BURNING IN THE SKIES

New list. Tried to pick ones that I've always loved and not just ones I only like to rock out to.

01. What I've Done - Became my favorite Linkin Park song the first time that I heard it back in 2007 and I've loved it ever since. When people ask me what my favorite song of all time is, I always cite this song. Everything about it is just perfection to me.

02. Faint - Was my favorite Linkin Park song up until I heard What I've Done. I'd say this was one of the songs that really got me into the band. I loved the interplay between Mike and Chester and the screaming is really what did it for me. Chester sounds so great on this track, and the energy of this song is Godly, especially live.

03. Leave Out All The Rest - Always had a very special place in my heart and still does. The lyrics are deep, but that's one of the reasons why I love the song. I love the message of the lyrics... I also love the synth and the beat, the guitar, etc. It's just a really great song to me and I'm happy that it was the last single to close out the Minutes To Midnight cycle, I think it's an appropriate song to end that phase of the band, at least it was for me.

04. Given Up - My favorite ''heavy'' Linkin Park song. The screaming is fucking insane on this track. I loved the swearing during the choruses and shit, too. It was groundbreaking for the band because if you play their main albums in order at once, this is the first time a swear appeared on a main album, since it's the first song on Minutes To Midnight after Wake, which has no words. If you are a fan of Chester's screaming, this song will satisfy you, like it did for me. I also always loved this song live, I always rocked the fuck out to it at the shows.

05. Papercut - Perfection right here. Similar to Faint, I love the interplay between Mike and Chester. The lyrics are also really cool on this one. The beat at the beginning of this song is so damn iconic. I always loved the ''the sun goes down'' part, I thought Chester sounded so good during that when I first started getting into the band. Once again, a complete banger live as well.

06. Breaking The Habit - A dark song, and a very personal song to Chester, my fallen hero. This song is amazing. It was different than most of the music on Meteora, but in a cool way. I think it shaped what eventually became Minutes To Midnight, as Mike as said before. I really love the style and sound of this track, but the lyrics and vocal performance from Chester are really what capture me. You can hear the pain and passion behind Chester's voice, it's so good. This song may even be better live, at least the versions on like LPU4, LPU5 and LPU6, etc. Also sounded good in 2007, 2008, etc. Always was a solid live track.

07. Crawling - Always loved this track because it got me through some hard times growing up. I didn't fully understand what the lyrics were dealing with when I was young and relating to this song, but I felt safe when listening to this song. Weird how music does that. I just remember a lot of negative feelings and emotions when I play it, because it reminds me of the times that I listened to this song for a safety net, back when my parents were getting divorced, and I was having a hard time with middle school, etc.

08. Valentine's Day - I remember the very first time that I heard this song specifically. It was on the car ride down to Bamboozle in 2007. The album had just leaked like a day before, actually, I think maybe even literally the day that we were driving down (we drove down 2 days before LP played so we could be there for Day 1 and also have some fun the night before at the hotel, etc.). Anyways, me and my friend, who went with me, wanted to play the album in it's entirety on the way down, so we did. I remember falling in love with this track. I am in love with Chester's vocal performance on this track, he sounds so unique compared to anything else he has ever recorded, and the lyrics are simply amazing. They are kind of complex in a way, using metaphors of death, etc. But it's a pretty dark song. I remember Chester saying to Kerrang in 2007 that it was a very dark song. I also love the instrumental to this track, it's calming, but in a sad way. Just a really unique sounding song to me and I've just always loved it. I also remember seeing it live for the first time in Manchester in 2008. Brad did the live intro to it for the first time at that show and it's just a special memory for me. I remember loving it live as well.

09. Qwerty - How can you not love this song - it's heavy as fuck and it's badass. The vocal interplay between Mike and Chester is amazing here, probably better during the 2006 live version, but I still dig the studio version, and the PR07 versions. Chester's screaming is top notch and Mike's rapping hit an all time badass level. I also have fond memories of when this song debuted. I remember listening to squaljapan's 19 second shitty quality rip and being like ''hell yeah, this is awesome!''. And then of course all the other clips and recordings, then the LPA HQ version, which was the same as the LPU6 version, with some banter cut out at the end on the LPU6 version. I remember that my friend and me worked at this kiosk at our local mall that sold hats, the store was called Lids, and they had a little CD player that we could use to play music on. We cranked up Qwerty and the mall security got pissed. Haha. Was such an innocent time in my life and this song came out during all of it.

10. Bleed It Out - I can't deny my love for this song. It's always a jam, always fun to listen to, all the versions of it. I love Brad's guitar, Mike's rapping, Chester's shouting and screaming, this whole song is just awesome from the minute that it starts. I also love the lyrics, they're epic. It was always fun live back in the day, too. Captures my memories of ''Summer 2007'' perfectly.

• 1 month later...