Debate: Reanimation is the best LP album to ever grace your ears.

Legend

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reanimation

Pros:

+ Some of the best LP songs to ever grace our ears e.g. Krwlng, Frgt10, MyDsmbr, ByMyslf, 1stpKlosr, Pts.

+ Mother fucking production value!

Cons:

- The painful to listen to, awful rappers.

- Enthend. Every second of it.

Reanimation

Pros:

+ Some of the best LP songs to ever grace our ears e.g. Krwlng, Frgt10, MyDsmbr, ByMyslf, 1stpKlosr, Pts.

+ Mother fucking production value!

Cons:

Fuck yea! Someone hates Enth e Nd as much as I do! That song blewwwww.

I felt the same way about Reanimation for a long time, and I do think it's stood up to the test of time (it'll be 10 years old in a few months!), but I think ATS ultimately surpassed it in terms of being a more complete body of work. I love pretty much all of Reanimation, save for H! Vltg3 being absolute garbage, and Enth e Nd being pretty lackluster (I also felt that X-Ecutioner Style was a fairly pointless track, but Black Thought's verse on it is sick, so it's forgivable). The standout tracks on Reanimation often stand head and shoulders above their Hybrid Theory counterparts if you ask me, but there are a couple big letdowns on there too. A Thousand Suns, on the other hand, doesn't have a single song on it that I don't like some of - I don't care for the first half of Blackout or the ending of Wretches and Kings, but the overall experience is one that I can listen to all the way through every single time, whereas I find myself skipping a couple songs on Reanimation.

Don't get me wrong though, they're really close - if I were to rate ATS as a 10, Reanimation would be like a 9.5.

I felt the same way about Reanimation for a long time, and I do think it's stood up to the test of time (it'll be 10 years old in a few months!), but I think ATS ultimately surpassed it in terms of being a more complete body of work. I love pretty much all of Reanimation, save for H! Vltg3 being absolute garbage, and Enth e Nd being pretty lackluster (I also felt that X-Ecutioner Style was a fairly pointless track, but Black Thought's verse on it is sick, so it's forgivable). The standout tracks on Reanimation often stand head and shoulders above their Hybrid Theory counterparts if you ask me, but there are a couple big letdowns on there too. A Thousand Suns, on the other hand, doesn't have a single song on it that I don't like some of - I don't care for the first half of Blackout or the ending of Wretches and Kings, but the overall experience is one that I can listen to all the way through every single time, whereas I find myself skipping a couple songs on Reanimation.

Don't get me wrong though, they're really close - if I were to rate ATS as a 10, Reanimation would be like a 9.5.

Wow, almost my thoughts about Reanimation. I don't like H! Vltg3 toom as well as I think that X-Ecutioner Style is a bit so-so...

I'm actually curious, what part of Reanimation was written by Linkin Park? I mean, apart from the lyrics and melodies from HT. Did the dudes who remixed the songs do most of the stuff or Linkin Park were heavily involved in the process, too?

It varied a lot from song to song. LP oversaw the final mixing process and everything so they did have a final say (for example, look at how different PTS.OF.ATHRTY was from Jay Gordon's original demo - I know Brad in particular had a fair amount of input on that remix). Obviously a lot of the vocal parts were redone, and various instrumental aspects were re-recorded on certain songs too (BY_MYSLF got a new bassline from Phoenix, P5HNG ME A*WY got new guitar from both Mike and Brad, WTH>YOU got new guitar from Mike, etc.). Some songs like H! VLTG3 or X-Ecutioner Style were almost entirely done by the remixers, some of the tracks Mike and Joe remixed were almost entirely re-recorded from the ground up, and some others were more collaborative.

I think that, of the pre-MTM era of Linkin Park, Reanimation is by far the best album to come out of it. In LP's overall catalogue, it'd definitely be Reanimation vs. ATS.

However, I think ATS would win, because there's a more...unified sound? I think that's the way to describe it. Even though Reanimation has more content, the flow between the tracks doesn't always work, and there are a few duds (PLC.4 Mie Haed and Aaron Lewis's atrocious vocals in KRWLNG in particular). Also, the Reanimation song titles are so hard to type without looking them up for me. :x

By contrast, I like ATS in its entirety, as well as the songs by themselves. But they're definitely the top two Linkin Park albums. No doubt.

yes good points here. Apart fron the duds, i'd defiantly agree that it surpasses most of HT. P5hng, 1stp, krwlng, by_myslf are all better than the originals. With the others being just as good (apart from h!vltg xD) its only a few rappers that bring it down really.

Cons:

I like Reanimation very much, but that point fits. Some of those rappers are very strange and I don't really like their choice. But however, it's still a great album. I think if you compare the differences between MTM and ATS to the differences between HT and Reanimation, Reanimation and HT are winning this thing. It sounds more fresh than ATS..

I really think Meteora and ATS bring a little something more to the table, although Reanimation is one of their best works. Personally, I think ATS is currently their number one because it has the chance to be a pioneer of what seems to be another upcoming revolution in rock music.

Cons:

absolute. truth. - it killed the original song for me too...

do agree it's the best remix album I've heard, but then again youtube-standard remixes are little to go by.

(even with high voltage -_- who even thinks two piano notes over and over again makes a song? no me gusta) anyway, place for my head, cure for the itch, runaway, my december - brilliant...

the remixes really added something to each track, not just the lyrics over a club beat.

It's a great album not just normal remixes, the songs are so different, other lyrics and instruments, that's what makes it good. There are way too many LP remixes out there, I only really like the ones they released.

The only track I don't like at all is High Voltage. I don't even like the HT EP version. The reprise version though is just epic, especially live.

I wish they would have played the By Myself remix at some point, would have loved to see that one. At least they performed Frgt10 once with Chali2na, that's what made it special and legendary.