How much do you think LP has unreleased?

Like Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana, Linkin Park has quite a decent amount of material over their careers that has never seen the light of day, officially or leaked. Its been hinted at before by the band, expressing over 100 songs being made during the M2M sessions, and the proof is LPUX which featured a majority of unreleased songs that NO ONE has ever gotten a hold of previously. (not to mention, I'm sure vocals have been applied to SOME of those tracks that we only got instrumentals for)

So I guess the original/topic question still stands, but how do you think LP would release these tracks?

Like Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana, Linkin Park has quite a decent amount of material over their careers that has never seen the light of day, officially or leaked. Its been hinted at before by the band, expressing over 100 songs being made during the M2M sessions, and the proof is LPUX which featured a majority of unreleased songs that NO ONE has ever gotten a hold of previously. (not to mention, I'm sure vocals have been applied to SOME of those tracks that we only got instrumentals for)

So I guess the original/topic question still stands, but how do you think LP would release these tracks?

I wouldn't say Nirvana has a lot of material.

Answer: Ones good enough, Through the LPU.

</end thread>

...over 100 songs being made during the M2M sessions...

Can we just get this straight people. When the guys were saying this, they didnt mean they had 100 demos just laying around. Its was more like 100 different ideas that didnt really become anything else. Remember, brad did Song A to Song Z and Song Q was the only one that started building into what we now know was HHH. So thats 25 other 'Ideas' that never really became anything else then an idea.

Can we just get this straight people. When the guys were saying this, they didnt mean they had 100 demos just laying around. Its was more like 100 different ideas that didnt really become anything else. Remember, brad did Song A to Song Z and Song Q was the only one that started building into what we now know was HHH. So thats 25 other 'Ideas' that never really became anything else then an idea.

Thank you!

Those 100 songs are just like.. randoms beats with guitar and a bit of drums. They are defiantly not all finished songs.

Yeah the 100 ideas were basically seeds. Picture The Catalyst stems "Keyboard" and "Electro Drums" layered over each other. I'm guessing that lasting about 40-50 seconds would be one of their ideas of a seed.

Edit: And I don't mean that was one of their seeds, just how a seed could look.

Edited by NickDuffy

Their scrapped sophomore album.

That would be a good example. But I would highly doubt that would of kept any of that. Plus I dont think the music would be worlds greatest. When they say they scrapped it, I dont think they mean they finished an Album and then burnt it to a CD and set it on fire type of thing. I think more like once they got though a heap of rough demos, they didnt like what they were doing so they then hit the erase all button.

That would be a good example. But I would highly doubt that would of kept any of that. Plus I dont think the music would be worlds greatest. When they say they scrapped it, I dont think they mean they finished an Album and then burnt it to a CD and set it on fire type of thing. I think more like once they got though a heap of rough demos, they didnt like what they were doing so they then hit the erase all button.

Wasn't it scrapped cuz the label didn't like it?

Wasn't it scrapped cuz the label didn't like it?

Not really. The boys scrapped it themselves because they didnt want to become one of those bands where the first album was 'a fluke' and everything else sucked.

I think Halo from LPUX was probably a demo for the scrapped sophomore album. It sounds pretty different from the Meteora that we got. Unfortunate may fit into that as well along with early versions of Meteora tracks like the version of Don't Stay with the supposed reggae-style riffs and whatnot.

I think that they got some significant work done on that second album before they scrapped it. Like SFNL14, I thought that the album was scrapped due to label pressure when they decided that they wanted LP to make an album where every track could be a single.

But I would highly doubt that would of kept any of that.

Why exactly would they, literally, delete their hard work?

Even if the scrapped album is nothing more than a bunch of seeds and a demo or two, it's all on a CD somewhere.

Why exactly would they, literally, delete their hard work?

Even if the scrapped album is nothing more than a bunch of seeds and a demo or two, it's all on a CD somewhere.

It all depends on how hard they took the idea of not wanting to be a fluke. IMO you cant go "Ok this is that shit 2nd album that all these bands make. Now Im just going to put it in a volt for future reference and start fresh" When Id be more like "This really sucks balls *Erase all button*" Get me?

I think the most of LPU X demos are fake demos (mainly the instrumentals). They've just made on computer in 2-3 months and released them on a CD and put some dates next to the titles.

Why would they do that? Everybody artist has some unreleased stuff and they released theirs

I think the most of LPU X demos are fake demos (mainly the instrumentals). They've just made on computer in 2-3 months and released them on a CD and put some dates next to the titles.

LOL. Dude seriously?

I highly doubt this. LPU9 had a lot of demos, and you can even hear stuff like Fear and Japan (early version of ATL) on the Making of MTM DVD, same as Blackbirds, even though it wasn't released through LPU. What We Don't Know, Brad talked about in the newsletter and said it was one of the first songs written for MTM and they left it alone and forgot about it. I Have Not Begun you can hear Mike rap at a Roots show in 09 I think. And Pale I'm pretty sure is heard in the making of MTM as well. Coal sounds like a Xero song, for sure.

The only thing that somewhat bothers me about the LPU demos is that they sound way too good, the older ones. Stuff like Coal and Stick N Move, or that Points demo and Sad for example, all have way too good of quality compared to the other stuff Xero and Hybrid Theory put out in 97-99.

Edited by Geki

I bet they have enough good bsides to release an entire retail cd if they broke up or went on hiatus that Warner could release.

I'm positive they could polish up 12 b-sides and make an album and sell a lot. Especially the stuff from Hybrid Theory or Meteora, songs we never heard that didn't make the cut, would draw a lot of attention. I love all the MTM b-sides so far, and maybe ATS has some good ones too.

I'm positive they could polish up 12 b-sides and make an album and sell a lot. Especially the stuff from Hybrid Theory or Meteora, songs we never heard that didn't make the cut, would draw a lot of attention. I love all the MTM b-sides so far, and maybe ATS has some good ones too.

Yeah, it's funny that I look forward to the lpu cd's more than I do for album release now. They have a lot of great older tracks.

Speaking of which, isn't their obligation to Warner over after their next cd? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's funny that I look forward to the lpu cd's more than I do for album release now. They have a lot of great older tracks.

Speaking of which, isn't their obligation to Warner over after their next cd? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I kind of do too. I love what they have been doing with the LPU CD's in recent years with all the awesome demos and b-sides. I think I like a lot of the b-sides more than actual album tracks, to be honest... For example, What We Don't Know has to be one of my favorite LP songs and I think it's one of the best tracks from the entire MTM era, and the band just 'forgot' about it!

i'm curious to what they put on LPU11. I know it wont happen but a 7 track disk with demos all with vocals would be awesome. Kind of like getting a Linkin Park EP. I'm more into the old demos they show off since i'm kind of more a pre ATS fan.

And QWERTY will always be one of my favorite demos/songs ever. When that came out in studio form on LPU6 I almost blew up, the energy was crazy on it. :P