How LPU Cd's have changed and LPU11

I know i'm not the only one who has ever noticed this or appreciates it, but did you ever notice how Linkin Park has improved their Underground releases in recent times? They've been putting more music on the discs, making them albums and not EPs, they've been giving us more rare tracks from very early time periods, and giving us more finished/real tracks as opposed to live tracks. I really appreciate Linkin Park's effort this time around and i'm very excited for LPU11. What would you like to see on this installment of Linkin Park Underground 11?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love it if one year the LPU CD was an official EP release. So somewhere around 6 totally finished songs. B-sides, or maybe even music written just for that release.

If they gave us some A Thousand Suns demos/finished songs that didn't fit on the album, i'd be stoked. They had so many cool ideas that we got to see spread all throughout Meeting Of A Thousand Suns.

I love what LPU is doing with the CDs now!!! SO much better than previous years with live tracks! I want to hear some demos of songs we have already, like Given Up (21 Stitches) or early songs like Papercut maybe. Idk. I can't wait for LPU11, I hope it is demos and b-sides again because I will gladly pay money. But if it's live or remixes, no thanks...

they should do a cover-album: studio recordings of all tracks they've performed live in the past

that would be awesome and it would fit perfectly in the lpu

Only if we got Wish and My Own Summer, would I love it.

they should do a cover-album: studio recordings of all tracks they've performed live in the past

that would be awesome and it would fit perfectly in the lpu

Yeah, would be cool.

1. Wish (Nine Inch Nails cover)

2. My Own Summer (Shove It) (Deftones cover)

3. Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses cover)

4. Just Like Heaven (The Cure Cover)

5. Jane Says (Jane's Addiction cover)

6. So Fresh, So Clean (Outkast cover)

7. Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover)

8. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? (Jet cover)

9. Umbrella (Rihanna cover)

10. No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley cover)

11. Rolling In The Deep (Adele cover)

A cover album would be cool, but I prefer the demos all the way. I'd go freacking insane if they released some of the "super heavy" material they recorded during the MTM era. Chester have talked about that stuff a few times.

I'd go freacking insane if they released some of the "super heavy" material they recorded during the MTM era.

I'd love to hear a lot more from the MTM sessions - especially these heavy songs that we haven't heard much of. The music they produced during that time period was so all-over-the-place and I love it.

I'd also like to hear some stuff from the beginning stages of A Thousand Suns to see how that album changed from its inception to the version we got.

I'd love to hear a lot more from the MTM sessions - especially these heavy songs that we haven't heard much of. The music they produced during that time period was so all-over-the-place and I love it.

I'd also like to hear some stuff from the beginning stages of A Thousand Suns to see how that album changed from its inception to the version we got.

THIS FUCKING POST. You are awesome. I agree, I'd love to hear more from the MTM sessions. MTM is by far my favorite LP album and there are so many awesome songs that we haven't heard yet, I guarantee it.

We have almost as-good-as-studio versions of Wish & RITD. And as for SCOM, will Brad be able to pull that solo perfectly? And Umbrella, I'd fucking love that, I absolutely love Mike's voice in the live version!

I'd actually like to see another MMM...Cookies - Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America!, anyhway LPU cd's have changed they're really cd's anymore as you can just buy the download :P

Yes, that's the second thing I'm looking the most forward after the MTM heavy demos. And also, I wonder if "I have not begun" was created at the begining of the ATS process, or more in the middle of it.

Yeah, would be cool.

2. My Own Summer (Shove It) (Deftones cover)

4. Just Like Heaven (The Cure Cover)

5. Jane Says (Jane's Addiction cover)

6. So Fresh, So Clean (Outkast cover)

7. Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover)

8. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? (Jet cover)

10. No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley cover)

Not so much So Fresh, & Iron Man. They should cover 1 old school rap song & a new rap song, 1 pendulum song, And i wish Kings And Queens by 30STM. All that will be EPIC!

I've been thinking about this since ATS came out...

Have it be a remix album, but instead of being like Reanimation, have it be UNanimation. Meaning, cut back on all the electronic sounds that was very dominating on the album and just have drums, guitar, bass, piano, and dj scratching (and vocals...obviously). Imagine a harder more basic Blackout? Its something I'd like to see :D

8 tracks -

Burning In The Skies

When The Come For Me

Robot Boy

Waiting For The End

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

Iridescent

The Catalyst

obviously you can't do much with The Messenger lol.

What I think they should do with LPU11 is basically a mix of everything they've done before. So: Demos, b-sides, remixes, MMM...Cookie songs, covers & a few Good live tracks.

A nice mix and variety, lets say 11 songs? thats my bet :P