Why do so many people here dislike In Between?

Bliss

Well i remember a while ago (before ATS came out) a lot of people said they didn't like In Between and it was one of the worst songs on MTM. When i asked least favorite songs from each album I saw In Between a couple times and i never really understood the hate for it. I personally think it's one of the best songs from MTM. I always thought (and still think) its some of Mike's best singing and it was well written and well put together. So, if you dislike this song, why do you dislike it? And if you like it, you deserve a hi five

I put it as one of my least favorites in that thread, but I still really like it. It is one of my least favorite songs on MTM, but the album is great, so it's kind of by default. Don't get me wrong, it's really good, especially for easy listening like LPxDC said, but most of MTM is better. It just shows how good the album (and all of LP's music) really is.

Part of the reason some dislike it is because it's very low-key and simplistic, compared to the massive, dramatic sound of other LP songs. That's also the reason why people dislike Robot Boy, they're just simple pop songs. And there's nothing wrong with that, as both songs are great. Mike's singing in In Between is perfect, because it's serene and dignified, matching the mood of the song.

As for Shadow of the Day, on the other hand...

lyrically its the best song on the album next to HHH. It's great when u want to have an easy listening time

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I love the song. It always liked it. Just other songs were much bigger IMO. But now I can listen to that song and still and like it just as much compared to some of the other songs on the album.

I am one of those people who dislike this song.

I consider In Between the worst song by Linkin Park, ever.

Because it's a boring song, but nevertheless I love Roboy Boy.

I think Mike Shinoda can say with confidence that this is the worst song by Linkin Park.

and it seems to me Linkin Park will never perform this song anymore.

It's not the musical composition, it's not the lyrics, it's not the melody, it's not Mike's vocal performance...it's the arrangement. It's just so...monotonous. A soft song should still have some type of climax (see: My December, Shadow of the Day, Iridescent, etc.), but In Between just maintains a rather same-y dynamic level the entire way through the song.

I always thought (and still think) its some of Mike's best singing and it was well written and well put together. So, if you dislike this song, why do you dislike it? And if you like it, you deserve a hi five

Yeah, I really love it too. The lyrics are just aweeesoomee :)

It's not Hybrid Theory!!1!

Well, blueprints are a gift and a curse! lolz... just kiddin'

Edited by Sugar

It's not the musical composition, it's not the lyrics, it's not the melody, it's not Mike's vocal performance...it's the arrangement. It's just so...monotonous. A soft song should still have some type of climax (see: My December, Shadow of the Day, Iridescent, etc.), but In Between just maintains a rather same-y dynamic level the entire way through the song.

THIS.

• 2 weeks later...

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

The song is beautiful, but it barely evolves or gets intresting. Robot Boy is considered better because not only the lyrics, but it evolves and has a beautiful synth-string breakdown.