01.07.2011 - Arras, France - Main Square Festival

The fifteenth show of this tour and the first show of July puts Linkin Park in Arras, France at La Citadelle for the Main Square Festival. This is the second show on this touring cycle in France, coming after the show in Paris (show page here and show thread here) last fall. This is the first time that the band has played an outdoor show in France. The country has been important to LP - being the first country they ever set foot it in Europe (see the 2001 show page here). LP played 6 shows in 2001 in France, 2 in 2003, 1 in 2007, 2 in 2008 and 1 in 2010, making this their 13th show there. It's the first time since 2007 that they are playing there in the summer time.

We all know what happened in Paris last year though don't we? 'A Place For My Head' unrehearsed for the Hybrid Theory 10th Anniversary, of course. This is the video for this post since this is hands down my favorite moment of this entire touring cycle. Hopefully this song will one day make it back into the setlist!

With LP performing the same two setlists at the last several shows, we have to wonder what they're going to do for the remaining festivals on this run. St. Gallen, Switzerland has the OpenAir St. Gallen on the 2nd that LP is playing and London hosts the iTunes Festival on the 4th. Will LP continue playing this "C_No Encore" setlists that opens with 'Papercut'? Or will they rotate in the setlist from Imola, Italy (show page here)? I find it interesting they haven't played a shortened version of the Leipzig, Germany (show page here) setlist on this tour considering it has the fan favorite 'Blackout' in it. What do you think? Will we see 'Blackout' again on this tour or not? Will LP keep things the same for the remaining few shows?

The Main Square Festival was started in 2004 and is a three day festival. The 1st is the first day of the fest and lineup indicates Linkin Park plays on the Main Stage after The Pretty Reckless, The Gaslight Anthem, Shaka Ponk, Limp Bizkit and Queens Of The Stone Age, and before The Chemical Brothers. This is actually the second show in a row where they play after QOTSA and before The Chemical Brothers. I believe this is the first time Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit have crossed paths since DJ Lethal had a childish meltdown on Twitter, accusing Linkin Park of writing songs that put down other bands and calling Joe Hahn names, etc. He even released a solo song "attacking" Joe. Grow the fuck up, man.

So who's going to Arras, France? M&G for anyone? There are three shows left on this touring cycle...view the previous shows, setlists and upcoming tour dates here.

LPLive member "damien.c" is attending the show and made a post here saying how he is working for Music For Relief at this show. If you're at the festival, stop by and make a donation! Music For Relief really is a great organization. I worked three shows this year at a booth and countless other LPLive staff members and forum members have worked for MFR on this touring cycle. Go grab a bandana! I got the band to sign mine and it's one of my favorite LP items that I have. He said LP might be broadcasted but we are unsure really until the show starts.

I also saw an awesome LP flag for the show on Instagram today by my friend Joanna from linkinpark.fr. Hopefully it gets on stage! View that flag here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Faint

03. Papercut

04. Lying From You

05. Given Up

06. New Divide

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. From The Inside

12. Jornada Del Muerto

13. Waiting For The End

13. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

14. Iridescent

15. Numb

16. The Radiance (Live Version)

17. Breaking The Habit

18. The Catalyst

19. Crawling

20. In The End

21. What I've Done

22. Bleed It Out ('A Place For My Head' bridge)

i doubt they will (well i know they won't) but it would be cool if they played APFMH at this show cause they are back in France again (or another HT song they never play), but that won't happen

Setlist :

01. The Requiem Speech Scratch Intro

02. Faint Ext. Outro

03. Papercut

04. Lying From You

05. Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note

06. New Divide Synth Intro

07. Empty Spaces

09. From The Inside

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. No More Sorrow

14. Iridescent

15. Numb Short Keyboard Transition Outro

16. The Radiance w/ Keyboard + Catalyst Vox

17. Breaking The Habit

18. The Catalyst

19. Crawling

20. In The End

21. What I've Done

22. Bleed It Out Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ APFMH verse 1 + bridge; Ext. Outro

I hope they are no mistakes (if someone can confirm the setlist)

They are some problems during the show :

- The big screen didn't work during WJAL and worked again at the middle of Iridescent

- Mike's microphone didn't work during 3 seconds during the second chorus of Crawling

- Joe (I think) did a mistake at the end of Breaking The habit

Sorry for my english (it's 4 am In France !)

Edited by alexlp

Setlist :

01. The Requiem Speech Scratch Intro

02. Faint Ext. Outro

03. Papercut

04. Lying From You

05. Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note

06. New Divide Synth Intro

07. Empty Spaces

09. From The Inside

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. No More Sorrow

14. Iridescent

15. Numb Short Keyboard Transition Outro

16. The Radiance w/ Keyboard + Catalyst Vox

17. Breaking The Habit

18. The Catalyst

19. Crawling

20. In The End

21. What I've Done

22. Bleed It Out Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ APFMH verse 1 + bridge; Ext. Outro

I hope they are no mistakes (if someone can confirm the setlist)

They are some problems during the show :

- The big screen didn't work during WJAL and worked again at the middle of Iridescent

- Mike's microphone didn't work during 3 seconds during the second chorus of Crawling

- Joe (I think) did a mistake at the end of Breaking The habit

Sorry for my english (it's 4 am In France !)

wow they changed up something in the set;

it's the same than imola but I think with this little changes it's better but they need OSC to end the show

Edited by LPU90

Woah, I'd be really disappointed if I saw LP and they didn't play One Step Closer. It's not my favourite song by any means, but it's like their anthem. It would be like seeing Korn without them playing Blind, or Rammstein not playing Du Hast.

I'm not a fan of the song One step closer, but someplace I agree with you in principle.

But on the other hand it's great that Linkin Park doesn't play the singles.

I was happy to hear FTI and BTH but honestly not OSC it's really really weird !

Thanks Hahninator for The quote Of my flag :)

About LB

they begined by Shotgun (The only one they've played Of The last album)

I tell what songs I remember and don't know which one was played before or after an annoter one, My Way, My Generation, Take A Look Around, Break Stuff, Faith, Rollin', Behind Blue Eyes,

There is a mistake in the set... NSM was played before FTI, not after WFTE :)

It was a great show even if OSC wasn't played, great crowd and the band was awesome.

Chester talked to us (He was awesome btw) the band was smiling and they really seemed to be happy to be back in France !

Anyway, this show was fucking amazing and for the first time I enjoy ITE live (yeah, I hate this song.)

IMHO, Limp Bizkit show sucked.

First of all, five drunk jackass ruined the show and they almost kill me

I had to leave the front of the stage at the end of the show (couldn't move at all during the show), I was so pissed..

Second of all, we could barely hear Fred, the sound of the guitar sucked and we didn't hear Lethal at all !

I don't think they have a good excuse, all the bands did have a great sound !

All except LB...

I'm not sure but I think Wes didn't play the guitar acoustic part on Behind Blue Eyes, I think they just put the instrumental because the sound of the guitar was just like the studio version... but again maybe I'm wrong..

Ok, Fred dit interract a lot with the crowd but the music was bad to me.

I 've got nothing against them, I'm just so desappointed..

Edited by Lordofdonuts

Not gonna lie of all the singles to drop - OSC is not the one! They should realistically be playing 5 songs from each album and that would still only hit around 1:30 - 1:40 (with interludes and intros) which is reasonable for a headline set. I think they should aim to do maybe 3-4 singles from each album and one non-single then at least the majority of the set is still singles so it's not like they'd be doing much different. Obviously throw the interludes in as well and you'd have say a 25 song set list including intros/whatever and I just think it'd be a bit more rounded for everyone. I know they still use the old excuse that people at festivals are coming to check them out so will only know the singles, but that's bullshit now - they are a huge band and most people in the crowd watching them will own at least HT and Meteora and probably MTM. Seriously they've been headlining some festivals now since 2003 if they genuinely think that's still a valid excuse they are completely stupid :/

An example of said 25 song set list:

HT: Papercut, OSC, Crawling, ITE, APFMH

Meteora: SIB, LFY, F.09, FTI, Numb

MTM: GU, BIO, WID, NMS, Trying to think of a song that wouldn't be a momentum killer lol maybe V-day

ATS: WTCFM, WFTE, Blackout, W&K, The Catalyst

Obviously maybe one single on each album could be interchangeable as could the non-single song and I genuinely think this would make for enough change during the tour as you wouldn't necessarily have the same setlist once on the tour and I don't think it's unreasonable in so far as asking for ridiculous numbers of songs that aren't played anymore.

Anyone agree/disagree?

There is a mistake in the set... NSM was played before FTI, not after WFTE :)

Merci ! J'étais pas sûr du tout sur celle là :)

And the Meet & Greet was too short !! Only 5 minutes. But it was fun. Mike and Chester were funny when they signed a flag, because the picture was old (2000 or 2001). Mike said : "oh ! This is my face ??? Ooooooh !". I hope it will be on the LPTV :)

Edited by alexlp