Mike and Cypress Hill

hahninator

Straight from the awesome blog, Mike gives us this update:

Back in 1991, I saw Cypress Hill's "How I Could Just Kill A Man" on YO! MTV Raps, and was instantly hooked. I asked for the CD for Xmas, but my mom saw the song titles ("Pigs," "Hole In The Head," "Light Another") and decided that I shouldn't be listening to lyrics like those. This meant, of course, that I was dead-set on getting it and listening to it 24 hours a day.

Fast forwarding to today, I recently got word back from B-Real, Sen, and their management: a track I did for them is going to be on their next record. I didn't do a verse on it, just music / production. It's a slightly darker, laid-back track, but has a great vibe. I wanted to get back to the mood from their first three albums, without trying to sound like Muggs (not that I could, that dude has made some classics). I made a track from guitar, bass, mellotron, and drums (and even played a little harmonica) to give it a vintage sound, then sampled my own performance. It sounds like I sampled it off of vinyl, but it's actually all original music. Pretty fun.

Anyway, it's probably going to be a while before their new record comes out, but I figure I'd give you the early heads-up here.

Cypress Hill's website can be found here.

Don't you just love the fact he has a blog? What an awesome way to communicate with the fans and give us cool info. I'm very grateful that he takes time out of his day to blog and keep us updated with all this cool stuff. Anyone else besides me like Mike's blogging a lot?

Ya!!!

I also like Mike's blog a lot. I check his blog everyday.

It's not just update of the band. Lots of thing is funny.

BTW, I like the post he answered the Finland fan whose band will sign to a record company.

He is a really nice person being so patient to help other begining band.

I love Mike's blog posts too. I love that he said he played some harmonica on this too. I love how Mike can make anything work, with any instrument. He is so fucking talented. Anyways, I can't wait to hear this shit.

I love Mike's blog posts too. I love that he said he played some harmonica on this too. I love how Mike can make anything work, with any instrument. He is so fucking talented. Anyways, I can't wait to hear this shit.

i completely agree. and check it all the time. one of my ways of distracting myself from doing work is the random vids he posts up there

Man..mike really is a great person!!!

the guy take his time with family, band and whatever to post everyday something for us!!!

And the guy is simply the leader of the best rock band in the world!!! He probably has a lot of things to do... and i can´t think of any band or singer that would make a blog like this and post with this frequency.

Mike is the best!!! :P

OMG!!! damn what a fucking good news! I'm a huge Cypress fan and I AM so glad this rumor came true!! YAYAYAYAY!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! :D *jumps around*

What a good new that Mike can also play harmonica!! :lol: this guys is awesome xD

Edited by Mawloo

I absolutely love the fact that Mike keeps in contact with us by blogging. Rarely any bands usually communicate with fans and give updates about anything. LP have always been dedicated to their fans since day one. It's just now since LPU blows, M&G's are terrible.

Awesome i'm a hip hop head as well, and like A LOT of Cyprus Hill songs back in the day. Looking forward to this track. Anything Mike touches turns to gold when he produces ( i.e. Lupe fiasco- the instrumental, depeche mood remix, etc etc) so definantly keeping an eye out for this one.