Who is the Frontman to Linkin Park ATS era?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Chester is the frontman, Mike is the rapper. Thats what i think, even if Mike stops rapping he will still be to me The rapper of Linkin Park. Chester may not do as much Behind the scenes but i think of Chester as the frontman

Chester has always been the Frontman and will always be the frontman

Hybrid Theory: Chester- Frontman. Mike- Rapper

Meteora: Chester- Frontman. Mike- Rapper

Minutes to Midnight: Chester- Frontman. Mike- WTH happened to the rapper/ singer

A Thousand Suns: Chester- Frontman. Mike- Co-Frontman.

Even with A Thousand Suns though Chester to me will always be the frontman to me

Anyone who says Chester instead of Mike is holding on to the flawed beleif that the singer is always the frontman. This is true 99% of the time, but Linkin Park presents a special case... In the ATS era, there is no doubt Mike is the frontman.

Someone who disagree's... Tell me, besides being the "lead" singer, what else does Chester do that represents a frontman?

I asked myself the same question during the Minutes to Midnight era. Before the album or What I've Done was released, this picture (http://madamehunter.com/wp-content/uploads/linkinpark.jpg) was being used in the Linkin Park newsletter. Mike was at the front and Chester in the back, so I thought MtM would feature Mike more.

Someone who disagree's... Tell me, besides being the "lead" singer, what else does Chester do that represents a frontman?

I don't disagree, and I admit that a frontman has to (re)present the band, but appareance is also something. He is/was the frontman of the band in the previous albums and that doesn't mean that he can't be it anymore now Mike is doing more.

I set the poll up and everything.. When I posted it, poll didn't show. I guess I must have done something wrong.

EDIT: I just found a recent picture why mike SHOULD'NT be the front man.

Posted Image

The hair is pretty hilarious.

Edited by Ginger

At this point I think Chester is still the Front man, but Mike is just the whole Enchilada, The guy does this and that and gives LP a good name, Producer, Plays Instruments, writes Lyrics, so either way I think hes as Important or even more important than Chester in a way,especially nowadays.

How does it "sound" nu metal? It's a term that's used to refer to the singer in most rock bands...

From Wikipedia-

The lead vocalist (or lead singer) is the member of a band who sings the main vocal portions of a song. Lead vocalists may also play one or more instruments. They are sometimes referred to as the frontman or frontwoman, and as such, are usually considered to be the "leader" of the groups they perform in, often the spokespersons in interviews and before the public. On some occasions, the frontman of the band is someone other than the lead vocalist (e.g. Fall Out Boy, Iron Maiden and Van Halen.)

It goes on to say-

Some rock groups, such as The Beatles, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Gomez, Eagles, The Beach Boys, KISS, Blink-182, 311, 10cc, The Band, Zebrahead, Atreyu, Mushroomhead, Alkaline Trio, Crazy Town, Middle Class Rut and Barenaked Ladies have more than one featured vocalist, making it difficult to establish a single "lead singer" or "front man."

How does it "sound" nu metal? It's a term that's used to refer to the singer in most rock bands...

From Wikipedia-

The lead vocalist (or lead singer) is the member of a band who sings the main vocal portions of a song. Lead vocalists may also play one or more instruments. They are sometimes referred to as the frontman or frontwoman, and as such, are usually considered to be the "leader" of the groups they perform in, often the spokespersons in interviews and before the public. On some occasions, the frontman of the band is someone other than the lead vocalist (e.g. Fall Out Boy, Iron Maiden and Van Halen.)

It goes on to say-

Some rock groups, such as The Beatles, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Gomez, Eagles, The Beach Boys, KISS, Blink-182, 311, 10cc, The Band, Zebrahead, Atreyu, Mushroomhead, Alkaline Trio, Crazy Town, Middle Class Rut and Barenaked Ladies have more than one featured vocalist, making it difficult to establish a single "lead singer" or "front man."

wow LP SECOND to the beatles. Thats awesome!

I set the poll up and everything.. When I posted it, poll didn't show. I guess I must have done something wrong.

EDIT: I just found a recent picture why mike SHOULD'NT be the front man.

Posted Image

The hair is pretty hilarious.

:lol: I can see him throwing a neighborhood barbeque, grilling some hot dogs and wearing an apron.

Mike is undoubtedly the LEADER of the band, in fact I'd argue that he always has been. He writes the majority of the music and a good chunk of the lyrics. The fact of the matter is, Linkin Park could replace Chester if they had to. They're already on their second lead vocalist as it is.

But "frontman" implies something a bit different. "Frontman," to me, has always been a mostly stage-specific term. Who talks to the crowd the most? Who spends the most time at center stage? Who puts on the most visual performance? That, to me, is what a frontman is. In that respect, Chester is definitely the frontman. I do agree that Mike's taken a bit more of that role recently though, particularly with how he's the band's main guy when it comes to doing press.