Linkin Park with Deadmau5?

charv3z

rumors could be true :D

Allow me to clarify: It's a totally unfounded rumor. Somebody asked Mike in the LPU chat last week if he/LP would like to collaborate with Deadmau5. Mike said he likes Deadmau5's music and he'd be cool with doing something like that. That means absolutely NOTHING. There isn't a shred of evidence to suggest that the two of them have ever even spoken to each other, let alone considered working on a collaboration. There are probably dozens of people that Mike would like to work with at some point, that doesn't mean it's likely to happen. It's not like Mike even brought up Deadmau5 himself, it was in response to someone else's question. He also said in the same chat that he really isn't working on any non-LP related projects at this point.

It amazes me, the conclusions that Linkin Park fans jump to sometimes. This is about on par with people going "OMG LP/KANYE WEST COLLAB" in 2005 just because Kanye showed up and talked to them for like 2 minutes at their Live 8 soundcheck...or that the title of their new album was "Iodine" because one of the screen animations during that performance had that word in it.

If something were to happen, it would be a weird combo. Mike as the artist and Deadmau5 has the producer type thing. Just doesnt work for me.

Although I am down for hearing some new shit.

please don't do anything with Deadmau5, i hate him. Well i hate house music in general. House is just wanna be music. Techno, Trance, and electronic is where its at. none of this crap house music, so please lp never collab with deadmau5

Edited by Bliss

please don't do anything with Deadmau5, i hate him. Well i hate house music in general. House is just wanna be music. Techno, Trance, and electronic is where its at. none of this crap house music, so please lp never collab with deadmau5

i disagree. deadmau5 and a blackout thing would be epic!!

• 3 weeks later...

I think DeadMau5 is like too good to collab with LP.

Too good as in he thinks he's too good for Linkin Park?

Or too good as in he is too talented?

If it's the first one, wouldn't be surprised. If it's the second one, lolz.

Too good as in he thinks he's too good for Linkin Park?

Or too good as in he is too talented?

If it's the first one, wouldn't be surprised. If it's the second one, lolz.

I meant like, he probably wouldn't accept a collab with LP. He'd be like 'Um..I'll remix a track or something but that's it'.

• 3 weeks later...

Allow me to clarify: It's a totally unfounded rumor. Somebody asked Mike in the LPU chat last week if he/LP would like to collaborate with Deadmau5. Mike said he likes Deadmau5's music and he'd be cool with doing something like that. That means absolutely NOTHING. There isn't a shred of evidence to suggest that the two of them have ever even spoken to each other, let alone considered working on a collaboration. There are probably dozens of people that Mike would like to work with at some point, that doesn't mean it's likely to happen. It's not like Mike even brought up Deadmau5 himself, it was in response to someone else's question. He also said in the same chat that he really isn't working on any non-LP related projects at this point.

It amazes me, the conclusions that Linkin Park fans jump to sometimes. This is about on par with people going "OMG LP/KANYE WEST COLLAB" in 2005 just because Kanye showed up and talked to them for like 2 minutes at their Live 8 soundcheck...or that the title of their new album was "Iodine" because one of the screen animations during that performance had that word in it.

EXACTLY! I am the one who asked him this. The reason i asked is because I am a big Deadmau5 fan and heard his collaboration with Foo Fighters who are fucking amazing as well. and the song is pretty dope. So i figured if he did it with them why not LP. and that was just one artist, it could be any other artist. They toured with Pendelum, so why not them.

To the fool who says Deadmau5 is house music- youre wrong. He falls under the Electronic genre, which can also mean electronic dance music. Just thought you should know.