How long will LP be on the world stage?

I was always wondering how many years Linkin Park will be on the "world stage".

No doubt, I really like their music.

It's natural that like everyone, I want Linkin Park to have a great history in their career.

that's why I want to discuss with you, how many years Linkin Park will be performing ?

I want to hear opinions of many LP fans. I want to hear reasoning on this subject.

It seems to me that Linkin Park will be on stage for another 15 years.

I'll be very happy if they would appear on stage for the next 20-30 years.

But on the other hand if you think about it, than

I can not imagine how Chester will sing a song like Faint supposably in 50 years :blink: - ;) .

Maybe in future their music will become calmer and more melodic but in the LP style as usual.

What are your opinions ?

and one more thing:

At this moment we can say:

Linkin Park is popular, successful, reliable and amazing band.

but can we say that Linkin Park is a legendary band ? (reply without fanaticism :D )

Edited by SergSlim

I think that LP will perform long enough.

They're still young, haven't released many albums, huge potential.

One thing I like about them - is friendliness in the band. I hate when bands change their members - and I hope that LP is not the case and will stay together as long as they write any kind of music and perform as Linkin Park.

And to add to this - nobody will force Chester (I mean LP) perform Faint in 20 or so years. Probably there will be many many new songs that will be much easier for him to sing.

Well, it's not a thing that one can predict, but I believe they'll be on stage at least in the next 20 years. Yeah, Chester doesn't have to sing 'Faint', I believe songs like this one will be dropped when they grow a bit older. We see their direction now, Chester won't have to scream his lungs in the future albums, so playing stuff like this live will become rarer and rarer with every next album. At least I hope so - he mentioned numerous times he's sick of screaming and I think he realizes the effects it has on his voice, so...

No, they are not a legendary band. Not yet, it's too early. They DO possess all the required qualities for becoming legends, though, and I believe they will be some day. :)

Edited by dark_master

I predict them to have an honored place in Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in future but I think and believe that they will perform long enough. Friendliness and their addiction to the music will hold them on the stage for many years ;)

i donno, chesters voice might not last as long as they want it to. And a place in he hall of fame? i dont think they have done much to be there, bands that get to be there usually did something huge to change music or contribute to the development of a genre of w/e

i donno, chesters voice might not last as long as they want it to. And a place in he hall of fame? i dont think they have done much to be there, bands that get to be there usually did something huge to change music or contribute to the development of a genre of w/e

Two words: Hybrid Theory

I can see LP releasing maybe 4 more albums and than taking a huge break or just stop making music as a group. Maybe a reunion tour or something later on after that, and Mike and Chester making different music here and there.

Two words: Hybrid Theory

do you really think that if an album sells big that it suddenly qualifies you a spot into the hall of fame?

HT made no real impact on the music industry apart from being very popular with teenagers for the most part.

I reckon they will be recognized in some HOF one day down the line. Really there one of the leading bands. Still recording amazing songs. Donating time to charity and supporting change. Id vote for them.

I don't know....If LP had to loose all their energy in the future in purpose of protecting chester's voice....I think I would prefer them stopping LP earlier then. The music direction of a band shouldn't depend of singing/screaming abilities, but of what they want to sound like. They're many rock or metal singers who continue to scream there ass out, despite the fact they're 40 or 50 years old. Screamings doesn't necessarily damage the voice. And I hate when people are making this random association : becoming older = becoming softer = becoming more mature.

Now, if LP continue making music they're enjoying, soft or not, without any boundaries like "oh, maybe should we protect Chester's voice", then I hope they'll still be there in 20 years or what. And in that case, I can see them becoming a "legend band".

Edited by Qwerty18

And I hate when people are making this random association : becoming older = becoming softer = becoming more mature.

- agree with this . I'm too hate.

Now, if LP continue making music they're enjoying, soft or not, without any boundaries like "oh, maybe should we protect Chester's voice", then I hope they'll still be there in 20 years or what. And in that case, I can see them becoming a "legend band".

here, also agree with your opinion.

• 2 months later...

I think these guys will always be remembered. Legendary? I would like to think so, but not so sure. They will always have one of the most dedicated fan bases. I see them continuing to make music in the future. Over the next couple of years I think they will begin to play less and less of the music that made them popular due to the fact Chester's screaming has wore down his vocal chords. I don't think that ATS had as many "hits" as their past 3 albums, but I do believe they will always be one of the more popular bands. I think the future will be bright for them though.

do you really think that if an album sells big that it suddenly qualifies you a spot into the hall of fame?

HT made no real impact on the music industry apart from being very popular with teenagers for the most part.

So many modern heavy bands idolise that album. It got thousands of young people- including me- into rock music and is, in my opinion, the most important rock album of the last decade, alongside Green Day's American Idiot.