Linkin Park @ BFD 2011 - Mountain View, CA

hahninator

Linkin Park is set to headling Live 105's BFD 2011 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA on Sunday, June 5, 2011. Snoop Dogg, The Strokes and Cage The Elephant will join them on the main stage. View the entire lineup here.

Posted Image

This festival comes before the summer European Tour for Linkin Park and is the only US show to be announced for the remainder of the year. Tickets go on sale on April 23.

Source here.

EDIT: Linkin Park confirms here.

There needs to be a Projekt Revolution this year. One US festival is like WTF. They rarely ever play festivals here so I can't see them doing more than this one though. I'll really be shocked if they just give up a Proj Rev tour for the new album...those are many peoples' favorite tour that LP does (mine included).

:/ I'm going to be so upset if this is all the US is getting for the rest of the year. PR11 needs to happen!

this. ATS needs one more push lol. This is great though im happy for Jen :)

lol @ the Strokes opening for Snoop Dogg

I hate to say this, but I honestly think PR is a thing of the past now...There was an interview around the time ATS was released and Chester said that he didn't think there would be a PR for the album, and that they're more focused on playing arenas and stuff now. LP is really big as of now, and I can see them ditching the whole PR tour and just playing random festivals here and there... sucks but true.

ladies and gentleman, you know what I'm also thinking too: (Prediction)

Saturday June 4th, 2011 KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta! Irvine, CA.

If LP is doing a radio show for Live 105 in bay area, then they would most likely do another KROQ show to stay loyal to their hometown. I love coming up with realistic predictions for LP shows!

(Last year, Weenie Roast was Saturday June 5th and BFD was June 6th. There were similar bands at each event)

P.S. if LP was added to the July 30th show for RATM, Muse, and Rise Against. HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

ladies and gentleman, you know what I'm also thinking too: (Prediction)

Saturday June 4th, 2011 KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta! Irvine, CA.

If LP is doing a radio show for Live 105 in bay area, then they would most likely do another KROQ show to stay loyal to their hometown. I love coming up with realistic predictions for LP shows!

(Last year, Weenie Roast was Saturday June 5th and BFD was June 6th. There were similar bands at each event)

P.S. if LP was added to the July 30th show for RATM, Muse, and Rise Against. HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

Me

@TedStryker When we gettin a Weenie Roast line up? I'm going out on a limb saying LP is shuttin it down since they're playin Live105 on Sun!

Stryker

@SKY_Z_LMT Maybe in 2 weeks

Guess we'll know then...

BTW "LA Rising" Greatest Show ever put together. 100 days!

http://www.facebook.com/LArising

Edited by skyzlmt

Me

@TedStryker When we gettin a Weenie Roast line up? I'm going out on a limb saying LP is shuttin it down since they're playin Live105 on Sun!

Stryker

@SKY_Z_LMT Maybe in 2 weeks

Guess we'll know then...

BTW "LA Rising" Greatest Show ever put together. 100 days!

http://www.facebook.com/LArising

Yah you figure KROQ might promo something else next week. (who knows, new Foo Fighters tour dates, idk). I'm thinking by May 2nd, they will have announced Weenie Roast and I'm still confident that LP will do that show too.

Did any of you guys take advantage of the LP Pre-sale for Live 105 today? I did & I was fortunate to get Section 103 row C!

in other news, LA Rising, GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!! Muse is my favorite band to see live. I've heard RATM kills it on stage too! (been waiting to see them for years)

Yah you figure KROQ might promo something else next week. (who knows, new Foo Fighters tour dates, idk). I'm thinking by May 2nd, they will have announced Weenie Roast and I'm still confident that LP will do that show too.

Did any of you guys take advantage of the LP Pre-sale for Live 105 today? I did & I was fortunate to get Section 103 row C!

in other news, LA Rising, GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!! Muse is my favorite band to see live. I've heard RATM kills it on stage too! (been waiting to see them for years)

The possibility that Muse would play an aggressive set and one can wish that the world is given a Matthew Bellamy/ Tom Morello Face off to the death.

The possibility that Muse would play an aggressive set and one can wish that the world is given a Matthew Bellamy/ Tom Morello Face off to the death.

Yah, Muse will know to play the heavy riff songs like "Agitated", "Dead Star" "Citizen Erased" with their other collection. The possibility of them doing a guitar battle, WOW!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my friend that was driving bailed on me, so I'm stuck with two tickets and no way to Mountain View. Hoping things change in the next few weeks, or I'm going to miss LP again.

• 2 weeks later...