KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008

hahninator

As many of you already know, one of my favorite times of year is the summer, where we get quite a few webcasts from festival shows in Europe. Nothing is like getting out of school and then a week later starting this massive month-long barrage of festival shows you can sit back and watch in the comfort of your own home. Rock am Ring, Pinkpop, Download Festival, and Rock in Rio are just some of the ones that fans are able to check out.

Well, there is one more. Except this one is in the Winter. Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008 webcast. The show that Linkin Park has played five times before (twice in 2001, remember?) is back again and is featuring a great lineup. Although yours truly, LP, is out writing the record, they can be almost guaranteed to play the show next year. The two day KROQ show begins today. All times are PST (Pacific Standard Time).

Posted Image

Thoughts on the lineup this year? Is night 1 better than night 2? For all webcast information, head on over to http://www.kroq.com/.

Thanks!

night 1 owns night 2

i'm in the LA area and listen to kroq regularly... i don't know about radio station concerts for you guys, but all kroq shows sell out within 10 minutes of the first ticket. it's crazy stuff...

by the way, lp kind of butchered their headline spot on acoustic christmas last year. this was the show where mike whipped out the hello kitty guitar, chester missed a few lines, and (not their fault) the sound engineer had some problems and the set was delayed for like 20 minutes

they definitely made up for it with the arena tour and pr, but i'm just saying..

by the way, lp kind of butchered their headline spot on acoustic christmas last year. this was the show where mike whipped out the hello kitty guitar, chester missed a few lines, and (not their fault) the sound engineer had some problems and the set was delayed for like 20 minutes

they definitely made up for it with the arena tour and pr, but i'm just saying..

No, not really.

Mike pulled out the Hello Kitty guitar on FTI at the KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta, not AAC. AAC featured the UCLA drum line on NMS and BIO, as well as a childrens' choir on HHH, and the first time they did My December the entire cycle.

LP didn't butcher it. The KROQ webcasts always are really shitty quality. In person, they owned. Watch the YouTube videos and read the reviews. It was all fine. Pooch mixed them normally. The webcast sucked ass so people think incorrect things about the show, but whatever. He has nothing to do with the webcast. LP's set wasn't delayed at KROQ last year as far as I know either. Chester did mess up just a tad, but I mean who's perfect?

AAC last year was one of the best shows for LP in 2007-2008 no doubt. I wish we had a DSP for it......

No, not really.

Mike pulled out the Hello Kitty guitar on FTI at the KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta, not AAC. AAC featured the UCLA drum line on NMS and BIO, as well as a childrens' choir on HHH, and the first time they did My December the entire cycle.

LP didn't butcher it. The KROQ webcasts always are really shitty quality. In person, they owned. Watch the YouTube videos and read the reviews. It was all fine. Pooch mixed them normally. The webcast sucked ass so people think incorrect things about the show, but whatever. He has nothing to do with the webcast. LP's set wasn't delayed at KROQ last year as far as I know either. Chester did mess up just a tad, but I mean who's perfect?

AAC last year was one of the best shows for LP in 2007-2008 no doubt. I wish we had a DSP for it......

whoops, my bad.. yeah, didn't realize they played weenie roast the same year