New Live Downloads Website

hahninator

Linkin Park has redesigned the website used for their live downloads / DSPs (Digital Souvenir Packages) that are available.

The "A Thousand Suns" theme that is visible throughout the entire linkinpark.com website is now displayed on the downloads site. The redesign comes with several new features:

- News bar in the top right, displaying the latest DSP news, like "Each ticket purchased for the 2011 North American Tour comes with an audio download of that night's show."

- Top 5 shows bar, with the 5 most purchased/downloaded concerts. New York City 2008 (show page here) with the Jay-Z surprise appearance leads the pack!

- Individual "pages" for each show. These pages display the setlists and tells you the file names for the pictures included in each DSP. Also, a hash tag is displayed for you to tag that specific concert on Flickr, Twitter and YouTube, so that those posts show up on the show page.

In additions, all of the 2011 North American Tour concerts are up in the newly added 2011 tab. All of the upcoming tour's shows are available for free for ticket buyers, but if you are an international fan you can preorder them already.

Check it all out at the link below:

http://downloads.linkinpark.com/

The design looks great, and hopefully the band adding more features to their download site means it'll be around for quite a while....meaning maybe some other shows will be released in the future that haven't been posted yet. The Australia / New Zealand 2007 shows were posted in early 2010, so maybe the European 2008 Summer Tour or some other performances from the band's past might show up sometime!

You can also read Mike Shinoda's recommendations for which concert you should download! "Don't know which to get? Try Atlanta GA, August 2007. Maybe Madison Square Garden, 2/21/2008 (with a guest appearance from Jay-Z). Maybe Osaka, August 2009…So many good ones to choose from."

What do you guys think of the new design?

PS: South American DSP's are coming very very soon!

Fail. These shows have been listed since the 2010 shows were added to the downloads site like back in September.

No they havent. There were people wondering if they were going ever to be added, they werent added on the old DL page. *kanyeshrug

No they havent. There were people wondering if they were going ever to be added, they werent added on the old DL page. *kanyeshrug

110% sure they were on there initially. I specifically remember us discussing if they'd be available before the Berlin show or not. People were wondering if the DSP was going to be released but not if the show was going to be added. When they all went up initially, the South American ones said "available 30 days after the show" and Europe said "available 3-5 days after the show" lol.

When they went up at the start, only South America and Europe (minus I think Newcastle?) were there. Then the Middle East shows were added with the INITIAL Australia shows. Later during the Aussie tour most recently they added the rest of the Aussie shows after someone told Pooch they weren't listed and he handled it.

SA has been on there for quite a few months now lol

Yeah, they were. Just every time someone went to the page, it would default to Berlin's set list being shown.

This.

new design is ok but honestly?it was waaay better cause it was simple, just to buy the DSP and thats all. Now it has too much stuff going on up there :/

ahh and the top 5? well i wonder if its based on max 30 downloads per show? usual place rlz haha :P

Edited by michalangelo

New design is alright, I'm more concerned with the fact that Sydney night 2 still hasn't been uploaded.

Same! gotta hear pez and brad rocking faint.. Live CD anyone? Na, won't happen...

But maybe the whole DSP is being properly done. By this I mean all tracks have thumping bass etc and don't just sound like very flat audio... Or someone forgot.. lets go with that..

Yeah the font IS pretty big now that you mention it.

I see Pooch Thursday at the show so I'll ask him then.

For some reason the 2nd Melbourne show on 13th December does not list The Radiance before Burning In The Skies.

LP doesn't split The Radiance in their live shows. They keep it in the Numb file. So at the end of Numb, The Radiance is in that file.

LP doesn't split The Radiance in their live shows. They keep it in the Numb file. So at the end of Numb, The Radiance is in that file.

I think NYC may have been the only show where The Radiance was actually played like the album version :)

Yeah the font IS pretty big now that you mention it.

I see Pooch Thursday at the show so I'll ask him then.

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think NYC may have been the only show where The Radiance was actually played like the album version Posted Image

This is probably a stupid question but what do you mean by album version? Is it just simply without the live scratching?

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

This is probably a stupid question but what do you mean by album version? Is it just simply without the live scratching?

he means that the radiance in that show was played as in the album with the industrial-esque sounds without piano and without vocoder