Linkin Park On SNL, Round 2!

hahninator

Mike announced on Twitter that Linkin Park is playing Saturday Night Live again, this time on February 5th! This explains why it appeared that the band had two off days in the northeast United States on the upcoming North American Tour.

His blog says: "Quickie announcement: Linkin Park will be playing Saturday Night Live on February 5. Dana Carvey will be hosting. (Party on, Garth…)

BTW, last time we played SNL, Molly Shannon hosted. Looks like we’re a great match for returning SNL cast members…who’s next? Steve Martin? Eddie Murphy? Gary Kroeger?"

LP last played SNL in 2007 as a part of their promo run of shows for "Minutes To Midnight". The show page can be found here. They played 'What I've Done' and 'Bleed It Out'. It was just the second performance of 'Bleed It Out', the first being the day before at the Webster Hall show.

Unfortunately someone took down all of the performance videos of the band at that show, so INSTEAD let's check out Brad Delson talking to Molly Shannon!

Which songs do you think Linkin Park will play this time on SNL?

Warner are shit!! Pump out a new album, fulfill the contract, then find a better label!!

But seriously, LP will definately play BITS as it is the next single and you'd expect it to be promoted more by then. Either The Catalyst or WFTE as the other song.

Thoughts?

I don't see LP getting the same treatment McCartney & U2 got, ie, performing any more than the two normal songs. I'd assume "Waiting For The End" is a lock, but unsure they'll play "Burning in the Skies" on TV if it's still as demo-y as the DSP's have been.

Warner = big dumb assholes

But who needs youtube these days to watch any Linkin Park LIVE performances. Almost everything LP has ever done can be found all over the internet (this performance from 2007 even in superb HD quality). I just say TORRENTS rock.

If somebody is interested to see LP on SNL in 2007 in HD, I can upload it to Megaupload or point you to the torrent link

As far as I know this should be O.K to post here, but of course I do NOT want to break any rules. If there is any problem, please let me know.

LP4ever

Unfortunately I think fucking Warner Brothers / Warner Music Group / whoever the hell they are took down all of the performance videos of the band at that show, so INSTEAD let's check out Brad Delson talking to Molly Shannon!

Warner are shit!! Pump out a new album, fulfill the contract, then find a better label!!

*facepalm* Once again, Mark makes a misinformed statement, and the sheep take it as gospel. LP's SNL performances being pulled off Youtube has absolutely NOTHING to do with Warner. NBC pulls pretty much all SNL footage from Youtube that wasn't uploaded by them. Go on Youtube and try finding SNL footage that isn't on either The Lonely Island or Hulu's channels - there's practically nothing.

*facepalm* Once again, Mark makes a misinformed statement, and the sheep take it as gospel. LP's SNL performances being pulled off Youtube has absolutely NOTHING to do with Warner. NBC pulls pretty much all SNL footage from Youtube that wasn't uploaded by them. Go on Youtube and try finding SNL footage that isn't on either The Lonely Island or Hulu's channels - there's practically nothing.

Thank you for your compliment, and sheeps are really beautiful animals. I still prefer to be considered human.

As for Warmer, you may be right in this case. Still they have proven many times before that they (as almost every other big label) only cares to maximaze their profits by any means possible. That means that they dont respect their own artists enough and also try to screw the loyal fanbase as often as they can.

I don t want to argue with you, cause I have read many of your posts and I believe that your are a LP fan. Still it appears that you are trying to defend the good Warner company from all the evil LP fans. I don t hate Warner, but I think that they seem to be only a MONEY LOVING company, instead of a MUSIC LOVING company. That kind of pure capitalism orientated attitude I truly hate. But that is just my opinion,

Sorry for my English

P.S. Have anyone watched the movie RIP (a remix manifesto). That is just a MUST-WATCH movie - It will blow your mind

Why does everybody hate on Warner and believe LP switching to another label will benefit them at all? All labels will do the same thing - protect their investment. They don't want people to be able to watch/listen to things for free. They're a business. They make money.

/rant

Why does everybody hate on Warner and believe LP switching to another label will benefit them at all? All labels will do the same thing - protect their investment. They don't want people to be able to watch/listen to things for free. They're a business. They make money.

/rant

beautiful...

But who needs youtube these days to watch any Linkin Park LIVE performances. Almost everything LP has ever done can be found all over the internet (this performance from 2007 even in superb HD quality). I just say TORRENTS rock.

If somebody is interested to see LP on SNL in 2007 in HD, I can upload it to Megaupload or point you to the torrent link

As far as I know this should be O.K to post here, but of course I do NOT want to break any rules. If there is any problem, please let me know.

LP4ever

As long as I am not breaking any rules, please do!