2010 -> 2011

hahninator

Happy New Year LP fans!

2011 is upon us already. Wow, I really can't believe it considering it only seems like a few months ago I saw LP in Europe, which actually was the summer of 2009. Ouch, haha.

2010 brought us a ton of great stuff - LP's latest studio album "A Thousand Suns", a World Tour for it that hit Europe, the Middle East and Australia, LPUX, the LPU Summits, and all sorts of other cool musical tracks by the band. Mike posted a 2010 wrap up of Linkin Park on his blog, which you can read here.

What is YOUR favorite thing LP-related from 2010? It can be a concert they performed this year, a DSP, the album, a song on the album, a band member, an experience you had meeting the band, anything. What is your #1 LP thing from the past year? I'd like everyone that can to post a response so we can have something to reflect back on next year at this time.

And what are you looking forward to in 2011? Remember, the North American Tour starts in 20 days in Sunrise, FL! Who's going to that tour? For those of you in other parts of the world, do you think LP will visit you this year? Will they tour all year long or will they start to record another album later this year? What do you want to see from LP in 2011?

And lastly, THANKS for visiting LPLive in 2010! Thank you for registering, becoming a part of our community, spreading the word about us, helping us out by submitting your pictures, ticket stubs and setlists from the shows, ordering our shirts and just plain COMING to the site. I vow every year to make LPLive better than the previous year so 2011 will have high expectations! But I think we can live up to them...we have a lot of badass stuff we're working on that is coming VERY soon.

Excited?

Just after Christmas in 2005 was when I got the server space from Sotrix to start my LP live "project". Nothing really came of it for a long time after that but that's when the very first seed was planted for this website. Over 5 years ago. Wow, how time flies!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the collabs this year. Carry Me Away and Riders on the Storm were epic, in my opinion. LPUX?? Best fucking LPU ever!!

I really want to see LP this year. I will go nuts if I don't get to hear WTCFM live. lol

My favorite moment from 2010 has got to be when I went to see the band play live in Adelaide, Australia on December 9th. That same night, before the show I got to meet the band, and it will forever be a moment I will not forget.

I can't wait to see what else 2011 brings, in terms of Linkin Park the site.

Happy New Year LPLive.

My favorite LP moment for the year was listening to A Thousand Suns in its entirety for the first time. I still think that its one of the most amazing albums I have ever heard. I can't wait to be in the audience at the Staples Center in Los Angeles in a few months and seeing what they have in store for us in terms of a stage set up, and hearing the new songs live.

My favorite 2010 moment for LP was when I heard Waiting For The End for the first time. LOVED that shit. Most songs on the CD took a while to grow on me. Blackout, even Wretches. The only ones I LIKED at the beginning were actually BITS and WFTE. I loved WFTE. So that's my favorite thing from 2010.

What I'm excited for in 2011....

I'm seeing the first 3 shows of the USA tour. Sunrise and Tampa, FL and Atlanta, GA. Going to be SO awesome. Pumped to see the ATS songs live (specifically Wretches, BITS, Blackout and especially WTCFM). I most want to see APFMH live since I have never seen it before. APFMH live would make my existence if I saw it live.

My LP moment of the yer would have to be sharing the stage with both my brother and the guys at Sydney. That moment alone will never be out done. But the real eye opener was when Brad Delson came up to me and thanked me for performing with them. To have your guitar idol (well along side Tom Morello) come up to you and thank you for performing with him was a real honor that not many will be able to have.

I'm thankful for the year I had and how LP has played a major role in it. Not only that but thankful for this site who has always been dedicated to fans like me to discuss anything and everything LP related.

I'm thankful this 'Project' become something as big as this. Happy new year to all and I'm happy to be a part of this growing site in 2011.

Happy 2011! My favorite Linkin Park moment in 2010 was when I heard the wonderful song "She Couldn't" (I downloaded it from LPL). The song grew on me and I said to myself if Linkin Park want's to be a bit softer why they don't make songs like this? I think this song is much better than "Shadow of the Day" and songs like that. It has the original spirit of Linkin Park in it. The other good thing was waiting for the release of ATS and news about it in the summer. One of the best moments was when I read a review of the album that said one of the songs is a Meteora-style song and like the old stuff (W&K) and I liked it when I listened to it. And also hearing "When They Come for Me" was one of the best moments.

In 2011 I'm looking forward to see the songs "W&K" and "WTCFM" as singles and watch their music videos on TV (Hope they'll have great music videos, not like WFTE). I also want a Live CD/DVD from the best performance of LP from the ATS world tour.

Got to say that meeting the band for the first time was a highlight, along with the experience that the touring crew helped create. Summit was awesome and Maurice handing me a drumstick in the mosh in Canberra was a moment I will never forget!!

Including three shows in 2010 I have been to four LP concerts and hope to hit so many more in years to come!!

2010 i was so happy when ATS comes out my favourite song on this album is waiting for the end its a really cool song ad tells you you should never give up and wretches and kings a cool song too i like at the when joe scratches thats my favourite part of WaK :D. And the concert in Stuttgart was awesome i like the light effects and the big display what they used and at this concert i get a meet and greet from LPU and at the meet and greet i get a photo from me with mike shinoda so it was a really good year.

happy new year!

Oh yes 2010 was a really great LP year. So much new shit about them. Fucking awesome.

We can be very happy to be at such a great place here at lplive.net.

My LP moment 2010 was my M&G with the band at Stuttgart. Togehter with lp live member valentitix at the M&G and later as a surprise seat by seat at the concert. Great.

Happy new year!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen an LP show in 2010, so my favorite moment is probably the first time I listened to ATS. When They Come For Me, Waiting For The End are among my favorite songs of the year...And, since it's also LP-related in a way, I saw 2 DBS shows, and it was badass!

It was an awesome LP - year :)

My favourite moment was when the postman knocked at our door and gave me "A Thousand Suns". This feeling is undescribable and I'm so happy the album turned out that awesome.

Really looking forward to the next tour (US and Europe). I do hope they'll create this poll so that we get some old shit. Would be so awesome...

My best day of 2010 was the Rammstein concert in Budapest. However my gf finked out on me the next day, but the concert was amazing - she bought the ticket. :D I don't think LP will come into Hungary, only in the other countries around of here. Sadly we cannot travel easily to other countries, mostly coz of the money, and the time (you know, have to work a lot). It was a very huge surprise that LP ask a fan for helping in Faint, I don't remember that any other favorite band did something similar. She couldn't is an amazing song, it helped me a lot when I was very sad! I was very disappinted coz of ATS (you know, I hate the new style of LP). Last week I played ATS on my iPod (I thought I could give an other chance to them), since then I don't listen other music. :)

Happy new year everyone!

I had a pretty good year and I think the entire LP world did as well...well, at least eventful. I hope this year isn't solely touring for the band, and maybe they'll release some new music. Either way, I'm sure by the end of this year we will hear about plans for a new album.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

Happy new year everyone!

I am very pleased that in 2010 year was released a new album Linkin Park.

Song Burning in the skies on the album "A thousand suns" has changed my life. I become look at some things in this world differently.

Still, in 2010 year I joined this wonderful forum, that I enjoy.

- In 2011 I'm looking forward to Linkin Park's arrival in our country - Belarus.

Once again, happy New Year everyone !!! :lol: