04.12.2010 - Newcastle, Australia

hahninator

Linkin Park heads to Newscastle, Australia on the 4th to play at the Newcastle Entertainment Center for their second show in Australia this year. Newcastle, NSW is the first of two cities on this tour that Linkin Park has never played in before, the other being Canberra, ACT for the last show of the tour. After this show, they have THREE days off before playing in Burswood, WA at the Burswood Dome on the 7th.

Newcastle is the very first show of the tour that Jay-Z could possibly guest at (due to him having some off days on the U2 tour). For all of those possible shows, look at this thread.

The first show of the tour, Boondall (or as some of you like to call it, Brisbane) had the same setlist (show page here.) that was featured throughout the first portion of the tour, with 'The Requiem' and 'Wretches & Kings' opening, 'Bleed It Out' closing', and 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger' being in there. The band also got the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to Brad over the beginning of 'The Messenger'! LPLive user Hawk reports that the band soundchecked 'Burning In The Skies' and 'Blackout' before the Boondall show yesterday. Maybe they're getting those ready for this tour? Also it's interesting to note that the "V" stage that the band used in Europe was not used in Boondall. Instead, they used the normal stage so I guess Australia doesn't get the "V"?

Who's going to Newcastle? For those of you going as well as those of you not going.... when do you think they'll debut 'Burning In The Skies' and 'Blackout'? Do you think Newcastle will get a different setlist? Do you think they'll rotate sets throughout Australia? ...And when will Jay-Z come out? What songs do you want Jay to play with them? The same they've been doing (half of 'Numb/Encore' and all of 'Jigga What/Faint' w/ the ext. outro) OR do you want them to play a few other Collision Course tunes?

Is everyone excited for this tour? I personally think it's pretty sweet that we get the DSPs for all of the Australian shows immediately this time instead of having to wait almost 3 years!

By the way as just a note: This is NOT us on Facebook. Our Facebook page goes by "LPLive" and not "Linkin Park LIVE". Our proper YouTube channel is "lplivenet" and not "LPliveTV". Just a heads up so no one is confused!

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint (w/ LPLive member "Pez" on guitar!)

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out ('Burning In The Skies' over bridge)

I definately see them rotating the setlist but not tomorrow. Maybe the next but the second show of the tour might be a bit early. Burswood or Hindmarsh seem to be realistic to me.

Blackout and Burning In The Skies will be played, the only question is when.

I had my ear to the door at soundcheck. It was awesome. Chester did and operatic english version of the catalyst and I recorded some of the Burning in the skies on my phone which is a hideous recording to say the least. I'm not sure if they will be rotating the set lists... They didn't seem like they put much effort into last nights concert i think it was all pretty stock. But I'll be seeing them in Adelaide so I'll wait till then to judge... Other than this though everything was awesome and I a so glad I made the trip there to see their first show in Aus for three years.

yeah it was a pretty standard concert. like hardly any crowd interaction untill the end really. all they really did was say hi. thankyou. twice and say that we look amazing. so stuff he says every night.

EDIT:

Happy Birthday + The Messenger

Given Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQFUq0fuhhc

Iridescent

Edited by AusNeil