03.12.2010 - Boondall, Australia

hahninator

The Australian Tour is here!

Linkin Park kicks off their Australian leg of the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour down under on the third of December in Boondall, Australia (a small city just north of Brisbane) at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. It's definitely fitting since the last show they played in Australia took place at the exact same venue - Boondall closed the Australia / New Zealand Tour for "Minutes To Midnight" on October 22, 2007 (show page here). That show spurned the only audience recording of that tour that we have, and the first full audience tape from Australia at all. 'Bleed It Out' from that show is really cool in my opinion since Chester went out into the crowd with his red cast on (from his broken arm in Melbourne, which we'll get to later!). DSP's for that tour weren't initially released but were posted online earlier this year thankfully.

An interesting note about that show is that Shadowfax (an old LPL staff member) and I pushed to get LPLive 2.0 released on that day (October 22, 2007) because he was going to promote LPLive to Mike at the LPU M&G! So we launched that day before the show.

Linkin Park's first performance in Brisbane came in 2001 at the Festival Hall (no show page)...they played the city again in 2003 (no show page either) at the RNA Showgrounds for the Livid Festival. Altogether, this is their fourth show in the city.

The band has only been to Australia three times before - in 2001 for three shows (plus one in New Zealand), in 2003 for three shows (featuring them flying to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in between the Melbourne and Brisbane shows, haha), and in 2007 for seven shows (plus two in New Zealand). This is their largest tour there to date with NINE concerts, but New Zealand has unfortunately been left out. It is possible that New Zealand could be included on the Asian Tour in 2011, which will come after the North American Tour and before the summer European Tour. We'll see! The second LPU Summit will be held in Sydney on the 15th, read about that here.

This will be a tour to follow on LPLive for sure since it's very possible that Jay-Z will come out for one or two shows. He is currently down under supporting U2 (lol?) on their "360 Australia / New Zealand Tour". Looking at those tour dates, you'll see that there are plenty of off days for Jay, meaning he COULD possibly come out at any of the below Linkin Park shows:

- Newcastle, 4th Dec

- Burswood, 7th Dec

- Sydney (night 1), 11th Dec

- Melbourne (night 1), 12th Dec

- Sydney (night 2), 15th Dec (+ 2nd LPU Summit)

- Canberra, 16th Dec

Jay-Z hasn't been seen at a Linkin Park show since June 29, 2008 (show page here) in Milton Keynes, England (which was filmed for the band's "Road To Revolution" live CD/DVD). At that show, he did the same songs he did in New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden on February 21, 2008 (show page here) with his SURPRISE guest appearance: half of "Numb/Encore" and all of "Jigga What/Faint" (w/ ext. outro).

What shows, if any, do you think he'll come out at in Australia? LP usually takes advantage of these collaborations with Jay (see his surprise appearance in Holmdel, NJ in 2004). Chester recently mentioned in this interview that it's indeed possible. Along with the band likely playing several setlists, this should make for an exciting tour!

So who's going to Boondall for the first show of the tour?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger (w/ Happy Birthday Brad)

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (APFMH over bridge)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that was an awesome read. Thanks for all these facts :) I do really hope New Zealand will get some shows next year, they just can't let itout...

A Jay - Z appearance would be nice but even better if they played some other songs with him... Always the same is kinda boring.

Can't wait for Friday :)

Edited by DecanoLP

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk *jumps up and down*

If Jay comes out, that would be epic. but please, no Numb/Encore. It's so boring, especially if they are gonna just play half of it. Mix it up, please!! Do DOYS/LFY or POA/99P/OSC!

Lucky Aussies.

What shows, if any, do you think he'll come out at in Australia? LP usually takes advantage of these collaborations with Jay (see his surprise appearance in Holmdel, NJ in 2004). Chester recently mentioned in this interview that it's indeed possible. Along with the band likely playing several setlists, this should make for an exciting tour!

i think it would be cool if he came out, as long as he doesn't play numb/encore. The band playing several setlist! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope if jay appears they play something different from jigga what faint... poa/99 problems/ osc would be cool, dirt off your shoulder/lying from you would be too :D

waiting to see if we see any changes on setlist...

OFF-TOPIC: btw. any idea about when it's coming the next single?

Hope Chester sings No Woman No Cry again... This time the first verse entirely without the crowd cutting for the chorus.

I don't really want them to play new setlists... Just the two good old ones would do fine, and the new ones for the US tour.

Even if it isn't Jay-Z supporting them, hopefully the support act is good. Chris Cornell was awesome in 07 especially when he got the crowd to tell him to fuck off. Hell even Fort Minors support act was good in 06 (P-Money then Frontline) Ultimately though the concert will be fucking awesome!!! I just wish I could've got a M & G

Anyone know if DSPs will be available for all Aussie shows? The DL site still has the same list of cities before the other venues were announced...

The site just hasn't been updated yet. I don't think they'll fix it until after the tour and the DSPs start to surface. But yes we will get DSPs for ALL Australian shows ASAP. All headlining shows on the ATS cycle will get a DSP starting with Buenos Aires.