03.12.2010 - Boondall, Australia

hahninator

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, don't know how often I should still say this. It was the first gig of the tour and we didn't expect any changes in Europe after the first shows, did we? Well, we got three different setlists then...

For me it isn't a new set when they change two songs. What I expect from a new set is a completely new structure.

Ouch! Is the same setlist really that big of a deal? If you're there, you don't really care about the setlist, you have the time of your life anyway. With all the new material and audio-visuals, I'm guessing it might be difficult for them to radically change the setlist "just like that".

Do you guys think that Brad will play the Electro Drums in Blackout?

Brad? I dont think so, Rob will play it on the sample drums, like he play on The Catalyst

But there is some background army-snare drums, this thing gonna be on MPC, or Joe will make it.

I am more interested in the Dubstep part, will Brad play the guitar on it, and will Chester make this glitched vocal part =)

Ouch! Is the same setlist really that big of a deal? If you're there, you don't really care about the setlist, you have the time of your life anyway. With all the new material and audio-visuals, I'm guessing it might be difficult for them to radically change the setlist "just like that".

it seems to be the people that are hear awaiting the setlist always complain. people who are at the shows seem to be happy

Jeez, I can't believe some of you people. I'd LOVE to go see LP this year, and I probably can't because they won't have any shows near me at all.

Remember a few years ago when all they did was play one setlist every single show? Didn't see y'all bitching then. Now LP has spoiled you, and all you want is more.

Was right on the barrier.. Got one of Rob's used drumsticks.. And Chester let me co-sing a chorus at the end of Crawling (put the mic between just me and him when he came down to the crowd). Was fucking amazing. Can any of you guys that went remember hearing a terrible deep singing voice on it? If so, sorry, that was me!

The Messenger -.-

LP, you officially suck!

Yeah, because I was angry.

I bet they said:

"Ah, come on, they can be happy that we are here so it's enough when we play the usual set!"

And that's what I hate.

For me it isn't a new set when they change two songs. What I expect from a new set is a completely new structure.

you need to get out more. Are you at the show? No. Is the band playing for you ? No. Do you think EVERY person in the crowd know LPLive.net exists? No. Do you think every person knows the setlist beforehand? No.

There is a firm line between stating an opinion and being ignorant.

I'll make sure to relay your message to Linkin Park.

I'm sure they'll care a ton about what your expectations for their setlist are.

Well, I don't care whether they care about my expectations. All I can do is compare them to other bands and other years and in the setlist fact, they are worse at the moment. That's it.

I don't care what others say about me at this point, so here it is point blank.

You are an idiot. That is the absolutely dumbest post I have ever read. I think I'm one of the most critical people around of LP's setlists, bitching every chance I get it seems. But you have taken that to a whole 'nother level. Bitching because they played the main World Tour setlist at the first show in Australia in 3 years (who, by the way haven't seen ANY "A Thousand Suns" songs up until this tour) is just ABSURD.

Good fucking god.

Okay, so I'm an idiot for speaking out my opinion. Good!

You don't get what I mean. You have to admit that they changed the setlist more in 2008, they changed it almost every night. Now, they think they can make the fans happy by changing two songs. This is stupid. Why not creating a setlist like London Night 2? It would be even better if they would have used this one for the Brisbane show.

I'll change my opinion if they go one with a completely new setlist later on, but this is my opinion for now.

The person who was tweeting the setlist for this show last night, will be doing the same for Newcastle.

He also recorded the show in 720p widescreen with 12x optical zoom. He was in the front row seats on the lower circle to the right of the stage.

Now, they think they can make the fans happy by changing two songs.

That's because, well, they CAN. And they do. Every single time they set foot on the stage.

The only reason you're being so pissy is because you're sitting at home instead of being at the actual show. If you were actually AT one of these shows, and afterwards the only thing you could say was "LP, you officially suck!" then you'd officially be a douche.

I don't think you'd be thinking that though, I'd like to believe you'd be thinking "wow that was awesome!" If you let the fact that they played a "usual" setlist ruin the entire concert for you and make you unhappy, I'd feel sorry for the people that would have to attend a concert with you. :P