No Guitar in LOATR anymore?

Op4blushift

i think we need some astat on this thread :P

well, in the Birmingham dsp if you listen very deep you will listen the guitar. But i think it's the mix, they lowed the guitar on leave out the rest. This happens with Faint too, to be especific when brad play octave it's always look the volume is turned down.

They've been mixing a few songs differently since the start of the 2009 tour, and that's one of the more noticeable changes they've made - they turned the guitars way down in LOATR and brought up the keyboards. One other change I can remember off the top of my head is they've brought up Rob's drum part in the verses of No More Sorrow.

As a side note, Brad stays off stage for most of LOATR, even though he plays guitar in the first 2 choruses. Instead, he walks out at the same time Phoenix does for the last chorus. I think he started doing that sometime in '08.

They've been mixing a few songs differently since the start of the 2009 tour, and that's one of the more noticeable changes they've made

The samples at the end of Papercut are much more distinguished/louder in the mix (the ones most people didn't even know about until the Smokeout 03 video of it was released) now. That's another one.

I think he started doing that sometime in '08.

Correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd rather have neither haha.

Disagree. The way LP performed SOTD at the 3 shows I saw here in Aus, they had a great amount of energy as well as performed it well. Its a good soft song that is pretty upbeat and head nod-able.

Disagree. The way LP performed SOTD at the 3 shows I saw here in Aus, they had a great amount of energy as well as performed it well. Its a good soft song that is pretty upbeat and head nod-able.

Yeah, when they performed it in melbourne mike got everyone in the seats to stand up and the crowd really seemed to enjoy it.

Here's my thing. Rather than have brad do next to nothing onstage why don't they just leave the guitars in? I haven't seen all the live footage captures of w&k but from what i did saw chester was banging away at the MPC. couldnt brad just have played it out? I understand it was created through mpc stabs but I mean for the sake of giving everyone something to do. Idk if they changed that, but its simple moments like that, that puzzle. Maybe certain songs weren't meant for guitar or dj scratching or brad phoenix singing. but if u can bring a bad ass sound that may be slightly different for the live version... why not do it?