Street Drum Corps - "6th Street Bridge"

hahninator

Remember Street Drum Corps? They opened the main stage on Projekt Revolution 2008 for Linkin Park and not only that, but they also came out on the LP set to start the show each night and usually came out again later in the set.

Since LP rotated setlists on that tour (X, Y and Z), SDC used two different intros to start the show. Set Y ('What I've Done' opening) and Set Z ('No More Sorrow' opening) both had what LP called on their setlists the "Train/Tailpipe" intro. Set X ('One Step Closer' opening) had the "6th Street Bridge" intro.

I never thought twice about it at the time...I was under the impression Street Drum Corps just made up some intros on the spot during rehearsals to use for the LP set intro and they went from there.

However, while browsing Twitter today I saw that the Street Drum Corps Twitter account had a link to download a new song off their album "Big Noise" entitled "6th Street Bridge". Wait a minute.... it was really one of their own songs the entire time, haha. So if you want to hear the studio version of said track, go here and put in your email address to get the free .m4a of it. It's actually a really good track and I'll be sure and grab their CD when it drops.

Here's SDC and LP in action in Hartford, CT with the intro followed by 'One Step Closer'. Yeah I'm loving the fact we can post YouTube videos on the homepage now, can you tell haha?

Their CD actually should be pretty sweet and I'm not just saying that because it was recorded at Dave Grohl's own Studio 606 (where Foo Fighters record at). Their blog says Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Matt Sorum (Velvet Revolver), Shannon Leto (30 Seconds To Mars) and Brandon Sellar (Atreyu) will all be featured on the album. Damn!

Check it!

It would be interesting if they came back to play at a concert in When They Come For Me.

LOL hell yeah that'd be sweet. That'd be cool if they opened up the USA arena tour...wouldn't bother me at all. Bring them out on WTCFM. They were good...very entertaining set. Destroys Coheed/Chiodos lol.

Yeah, they even came out on some songs and played drums. It sounded great :)

Yes, the sound is great!

Maybe The Catalyst also sounded good with the SDC (especially the parts where Mr. Hahn is more "required").

But ... of course ... WTCFM is the song with more similarities to the SDC in the ATS.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

That show was incredible to be at, and Street Drum Corps made the experience that much more exciting, not only on the intro but on Bleed It Out too.

Also another favorite for me by SDC is the intro featured on The Used's Berth DVD

This really isn't news, lol. SDC was performing 6th Street Bridge live before PR08 even started. It was established probably over 2 years ago in the LP community that it was an actual song of theirs.

Also, I'm pretty sure there were more than 2 intros they used during the tour, and they weren't setlist-specific. I seem to recall they started off the tour just using one intro, they didn't debut another one until about 5 shows in.

Also, I'm pretty sure there were more than 2 intros they used during the tour, and they weren't setlist-specific. I seem to recall they started off the tour just using one intro, they didn't debut another one until about 5 shows in.

If I remember correctly they used 3 different ones

This really isn't news, lol. SDC was performing 6th Street Bridge live before PR08 even started. It was established probably over 2 years ago in the LP community that it was an actual song of theirs.

Pretty sure there were just two. If you can prove me wrong then I'll totally back down from that lol

Pretty sure there were just two. If you can prove me wrong then I'll totally back down from that lol

Well if there were any news i didnt have a clue about those ;) I just got to know that by reading about SDC here. I am reffering to almighty astat who once again has a problem with something HAHA Mark, just stop posting, even better, take the forums down! :P Edited by michalangelo

Well if there were any news i didnt have a clue about those ;) I just got to know that by reading about SDC here. I am reffering to almighty astat who once again has a problem with something HAHA Mark, just stop posting, even better, take the forums down! :P

I don't have too many "problems," save for a select few people who feel the need to call me out when I've done nothing to provoke them.