02.11.2010 - Frankfurt, Germany

hahninator

Linkin Park plays today at the Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany for the last show for "A Thousand Suns" in 2010 on the main continent of Europe. This is the sixth show in Germany on this tour, the tenth show of the European leg of the tour, and the thirteenth show of the World Tour. LP last played in Frankfurt in January 2008 on the winter European Tour (show page here), which was on Rob's birthday! They stopped 'Bleed It Out' mid-song to sing to him and then picked it back up to finish. A video of that can be found

That was the first time they had performed in Frankfurt, making this show the second.

An interesting note is that LP has played 36 shows in Germany from 2001 until present day (counting Frankfurt) out of 40 scheduled shows. Outside of the USA, Germany is tied with England for the MOST full shows with 35 (aka not a 1-3 song performance). Not surprising, considering Chester told the fans at Projekt Revolution in Germany in 2008 that the country was home to the most hardcore Linkin Park fans in the world.

The German show count for Linkin Park:

2001: 12 out of 13 (1 canceled)

2003: 3 out of 6 (3 canceled)

2004: 1

2007: 4

2008: 7

2009: 2

2010: 6

TV/Radio performances: 1 (2007)

35 shows, 1 TV/radio appearance, 36 total

That brings them to 36 shows total in the country of Germany. Here's where it gets tricky though. England stands at 35, but they have more TV/radio performances.

2001: 9

2003: 10

2004: 2

2007: 2

2008: 6

2009: 1

2010: 5

TV/Radio performances: 7 (2001, 2003, 2007)

35 shows, 7 TV/radio performances, 42 total

So compare it how you want...Germany and England will both have the same amount of full shows after this year, but the band has actually performed more in England. Hopefully all my research is correct! So congratulations to these two countries for having the most Linkin Park concerts! I would venture a guess and say the most played city in the world for them outside of Los Angeles, CA would be London, UK.

Anyway, all that aside, last night in Zürich (show page here), LP played the "other" setlist on this tour with 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest' instead of 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger'. The chorus of 'Burning In The Skies' was over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' for the first time since Köln (show page here).

Will 'A Place For My Head' return in any shape or form this year? Will the band just use these two setlists for the London shows? Will we see any other changes to the setlist? Mike himself mentioned here that the band was going to rotate setlists later, saying "Because we had so many new songs and a bunch of new technology (new to us, at least) on stage, we started the tour with one set list, with the intention of switching it up as we got comfortable with it."

Who is going to Frankfurt? We should be getting live setlist updates via Twitter here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes verse 1 over intro, BITS chorus over bridge)

M&G info: 'By Myself' is very unlikely, 'A Place For My Head' will stay exclusive to the one show (Paris), Rob will "keep in mind" 'P5hng Me A*wy' and 'Figure.09' for next year, 'Reading My Eyes' requested over 'Bleed It Out'.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm predicting new or rotating setlists in Australia.

It's well into the tour and they LOVE to play here.

It may be as little as 2 sets that change. But it's better than nothing...

They should really include APFMH in one of them though... "Wretches" and WTCFM remind me of it so much...

I'm predicting new or rotating setlists in Australia.

It's well into the tour and they LOVE to play here.

It may be as little as 2 sets that change. But it's better than nothing...

They should really include APFMH in one of them though... "Wretches" and WTCFM remind me of it so much...

I agree that the Australian tour we may have rotating setlists. It may be added "My December" in place of "The Messenger".

It would be interesting to open the setlist with "WTCFM" with the participation of Street Drum Corps (who knows, maybe someday in the future...)

Edited by Victor Del Porto

I agree that the Australian tour we may have rotating setlists. It may be added "My December" in place of "The Messenger".

It would be interesting to open the setlist with "WTCFM" with the participation of Street Drum Corps (who knows, maybe someday in the future...)

It would be really cheesey for them to play My December lol... I'd LOVE it if they do, but yeah... Cheesey lol

finally!!!!!! :) can't wait for tonights show + meet & greet. its very likely i'll request a song everybody knows about but i am not sure yet, if theres anything special happening tonight i'll tweet it directly, otherwise i'll "just" tweet about which set they played after papercut or LFY

Hey guys. I'll be there. But I got an impoortant qusestion to ask.

A few fans (including me and a French friend) have made an artbook for the 10 years anniversary of LP that was originally planned that my friend would give it to the band in Paris, but unfortunately that didn't work. So she sent the book to me via OverNight Express and hoped I could do it for her. But as it seems now, I wasn't chosen for a MnG either. So, now my question: Who's going to the MnG and would be so nice to take care of the book? I probably already found an LPUer from Frankfurt that would take it in there for me, but it would be nice to have some LPL members around to "guard" him (he's never been in a MnG before) and take some photos/film the great moment when LP finally get the book and open it for the first time since I cannot be there. It would be regrettable if over one year of work would be thrown away.

I will leave home for the show at about 4 PM german time. I also got a M&G pass. So maybe we'll se each other. I try to post preshow pictures/venue/.... and so on on my twitter. Thanks Hahniator for puttin' it in the news :)

/edit:

just FYI, Set A = usuall set with Papercut and The Messenger

Set B = LFY and LOATR

Edited by maatze

Going to that date, too. I really hope for something new. It doesn't have to be the best setlist (everything will be fine, they can't do something bad :P), but one or two this-year-not-played songs would be great!!!

The Main point would be a perfect show as a conclusion of this very nice German Tour! :) Oh yeah, can't wait for tonight!!! :D

@maatze: haha okay. I'm gonna wear my black/red ve'cel, my lpu8 hoodie and a short grey jeans skirt with black leggings under. Don't have pictures though - ve'cel for women seems to be sold out everywhere XD

okay :D where do you come from?

Mannheim here :D