26.10.2010 - Dortmund, Germany

hahninator

Linkin Park plays their next show today in Dortmund, Germany at Westfalenhalle 1. LP is of course no stranger to Germany but this is their first performance in the city of Dortmund. This is the only time during the World Tour for "A Thousand Suns" where LP is playing three shows in three consecutive days. Paris was yesterday, Dortmund is today and Köln follows tomorrow. Initially only five German (lol @ "only") shows were announced (June 5 from the Rock am Ring video screens is when we got those) but Dortmund was added on July 28 and was due to "extraordinary demand" according to the promoter (MLK). This is the fifth show of the European leg and eight total for the World Tour. Wow, it's going by quickly!

Paris (show page here) set a few records for the band. First of all, they have played more "songs" than they ever have before, with 26. That's 20 full songs. The Meteora World Tour in 2004 had 19 but "Set D" (aka the revamped "Set B") on Projekt Revolution 2007 had 21, excluding "Wake". It's really all perception and how you "count" songs, but we do know that their setlist has never reached the number 26 before! I guess this is where we say kudos to "A Thousand Suns"!

"A Place For My Head" was debuted, taking it from 25 to 26 and this means that Paris could possibly take the award for the longest Linkin Park show in history, which I believe is currently held by the Sheffield, UK show in January of 2008 (show page here). More info on that will come AFTER the European leg of the tour when we know what took place at the rest of the shows and when we have the DSPs. But so far, it seems Paris is winning!

And now for some questions! Will they keep "A Place For My Head"? Or was it just a one time thing? They won't randomly break out another song mid-set like that will they? Mike said beforehand that it was unrehearsed and we all know the band rarely does anything like that, so what do you think?

So who's going to Dortmund? What do you all think they'll play in Dortmund? I guess that's the big question...if they'll keep "A Place For My Head" or not. They have actually changed songs in a setlist mid-tour before (several times in 2007 and 2008) but I don't know if they've ever just flat out ADDED one song and kept it like that. Any experts around?

The rest of the 2010 tour dates can be found here. Let's see how the rest of the tour goes. I do know one thing..."A Place For My Head" being added sure satisfied a LOT of people and if you don't believe me, just take a look at the Paris thread here.

Lastly, if you went to the Linz show and have your ticket still, we're looking for it to add to the show page! Let me know ASAP please! Thanks!

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

-------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (w/ A Place For My Head verse 1 over the bridge)

*Show Notes*

Before the APFMH verse MIke pointed at LPL Members SpikeMinoda, Overkill, and Jacrid, and said this is just for you guys.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that APFMH will stay in the setlist, but there is a big possibility it might not. I hope it does though. And Great pre-show post Mark. I always love reading theese

Thanks for the shoutout! Glad you enjoy them. I apologize for Paris and a few others being really rushed. I've done a few from my girlfriend's laptop while traveling (I'm on the go a lot) and some have even been really late (5-6 hours before the show, oops) so I'll try and get with it and get them done quicker and have them up to standard like this one again. This one came out pretty cool in my opinion.

Can't wait for some DSPs!

I don't think they'll play it today, but I'm sure they'll talk about playing it more, they obviously still remember how to play it really well and from what's been said, it was a VERY strong performance of the song. It might be added later on, but who knows? I could be very happily mistaken!! I'm dreaming now but I'd love to see Papercut, POA, and APFMH all in one set again XD, I think we would all piss ourselves in happiness XD

Edited by LPPRJKT4

Tonight will be my first show ever and I even won a Meet & Greet with the band! :D

Awesome dude!

I had my meet and greet at Stuttgart last week - my first one.

But it was almost my 4th show.

Congrad. for you M & G.

Enjoy the badass set, man

oh yeah each show a "new" HT song. today I wanna hear by myself, tomorrow runaway and in hamburg with you (seen from the first row = dream comes true)

oh wow

heading to dortmund now, come by the music for relief booth and say hi ;)

I'm 99 percent sure they won't play songs like "By Myself", "Forgotten" or "With You" at the next shows. I can imagine they'll keep playing "A Place For My Head" though but there's also a high chance they only did it due to the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory.

Have fun tonight :)

I'm 99 percent sure they won't play songs like "By Myself", "Forgotten" or "With You" at the next shows. I can imagine they'll keep playing "A Place For My Head" though but there's also a high chance they only did it due to the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory.

Have fun tonight :)

Yes, agree with you...

But Forgotten, before One Step Closer like the old times **Dreaming***