Video Premiere: 'Waiting For The End'

anjum

A nice video. A little monotonous & slow but I really love the visuals and how they incorporated almost about all of the ATS artwork in this video. The WORST point: Mike's look. Uhh!! It's bad. And those black holes kind of things in their eyes were also a bit repulsive. But it will be more enjoyable when we get the vid in real HQ. The minute details will be more appreciable then.

Edited by Agony.In.Disguise

A nice video. A little monotonous & slow but I really love the visuals and how they incorporated almost about all of the ATS artwork in this video. The WORST point: Mike's look. Uhh!! It's bad. And those black holes kind of things in their eyes were also a bit repulsive. But it will be more enjoyable when we get the vid in real HQ. The minute details will be more appreciable then.

this.

I just realized something - how EPIC would this video have been if it was in 3D ?

All those effects just popping out? xD

HA! i can't believe someone else has said this! on joe's blog - i asked him what his thoughts on 3d were, as i felt the catalyst was screaming for the 3d treatment (watched it in simulated 3d on my 3dtv and it looks unreal)... his response? 'i'm already onto 4d'

LOL

I thought the Catalyst was a bit more trippy then usually, but it has nothing on this video. haha

I really like it though. Visually it's gorgeous. I love how it goes from them being still to moving. My only complaint is Mike at some points looks a bit funny, but I really enjoyed this vid.

I really love the music video. Its for sure up there with some of their best videos.

Loving the effects, although I have to admit there are some flaw such as overacting that don't make it quiet as good as it could have been.

Like most of you are saying this does defiantly needs 1080p treatment.

My only complaint is Mike at some points looks a bit funny, but I really enjoyed this vid.

I was thinking that as well, but I think part of the reason for the funny angle was to match it with the skull image?

I know, but I want some acting/story because I like it more that way.

I agree with you. Video is great but it would be more cooler if it had some kinda a scenario. This is what I expect will be back in their next music videos :)

Edited: Looked through the video several times now I can say it needn't story/scenario ;) But in next video works guys should use it :rolleyes:

Edited by Maxthunderer

Do you think only SIB and FTI had story in it.

FTI did. This music video is just a showcase for special effects which I will appreciate more with HD like someone else said. ;)

Edited by rav0k

This video was 10x better than the video for The Catalyst. The effects were very nice. When Rob unfreezes, it just looks cool.

I strongly disagree. I guess because I made a personal attachment to The Catalyst's video whereas I see this one as just visual candy. It's kinda like how people are so focused on these new "awesome" graphics for PS3 and Xbox 360...but I can beat the games in like a day because there's no content.

the music video is like a blend of LP's "New Divide" with Radiohead's "House Of Cards". definitely my favorite of this new era in Joe Hahn's music video directing career/style - basically my fave between "New Divide", "The Catalyst" and "Waiting For The End".

This video looks spectacular and it has a story to it. From JoeHahn.com:

The clip is an experiment in making the most digital version of ourselves in the spirit of the visual palette of A Thousand Suns. If you have been following our visuals throughout this album, this is the next step in our journey. I wanted to push ourselves so far down the digital path that it eventually felt spiritual. As we live our lives in the digital noise of today, we can find our center of humanity in the midst of the chaos. This is my illustration of that. I hope you enjoy this clip as we do.

I'm not gonna say it is my favorite, but it is up there. I love the visuals and the story behind it. It also helps that I love the song and think it is perfect for a single. Awesome job LP and specifically, Joe Hahn.