Could The Pressure Tear Linkin Park Apart?

praya

what will happen to the band?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. what do u think?

• members will begin to leave
    • they'll start reverting back to their old sound
    • they'll move forward and continue to develop their new sound.
    • ATS will be their last album
    • they will have a long gap until the next album because of all the hater focused around their sound.
    • they will quickly reply with something more mainstream
    • they will quickly reply with an album in the vien of ATS
    • they will never replicate the creativity of ATS

before i start. i love ats. i love lp, im merely trying to start a discussion about something that is very possible.

So I think even more so than with m2m there has been an uproar within the opinions of LP's new sound. Something that is reflected not just by the fanbase but by casual listeners as well. it's getting bad to the point that Mike has even came out with some words of his own addressing all the hate. So what does this mean for LP? The documentary kind of left off with a state of uncertainty for the band. They were all very torn down the middle about the album and it's sound and chester's speech on loving it for them doing themselves seemed merely like a band aid on a problem that could be lurking. Linkin Park has come to a point where they have made music they love but outside of themselves, it's hard to find fans. They are there, but not obvious as in the past. sure they make millions and technically shouldnt have to worry about what fans think in terms of their musical creativity, but I'm sure they will.

ATS sold well because of it's anticipation for something new. It leaked out the 3 best, well rounded songs on the album and built hype and once people heard the album as a whole a lot of negativity energy dispersed. That energy I think will carry on to their next album and definitely will hurt their record sales unless they do something strong to help bring back faith within fans.

The pressure no longer rests within ATS, but with the next album. What do you think is gunna happen to the band as the future progresses?

Edited by praya

His new post doesn't suggest that there will be enough support to continue this new sound. Lack of support = lack of funding = lack of music made.

EDIT: If Trey Songz had beat LP, they wouldn't have ever got a #1 for this album in the US.

Odds are that someone in the camp is unhappy with this album. But it isn't like Mike can come out and say "we're truly unhappy, we're just trying to keep a public face up," if they really felt that way.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

members will begin to leave

- ONLY if something drastic or terrible happens in the next few years (god forbid)

they'll start reverting back to their old sound

- all the bad members have stated they will NEVER go back on themselves. Making music like HT doesnt interest them anymore.

they'll move forward and continue to develop their new sound.

- THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER TO THE POLL!!! :)

ATS will be their last album

- *see option one*

they will have a long gap until the next album because of all the hater focused around their sound.

- FALSE if anything the haters have fired them on to make more albums. Chester has already confirmed that the band wants to work on new material ASAP and that they owe it to the fans for more music in a quicker time.

they will quickly reply with something more mainstream

- FALSE, this will never happen. Meteora was the last straw in the label/fans/antisipation forcing LP to go in a certain direction in a certain way. ATS proves the band wishes to be as far from mainstream as possible, and the next album could be even moreso.

they will quickly reply with an album in the vien of ATS

- MAYBE, but its doubtfull they would make ATS part 2. They will more than likely to continue & evolve their sound *see option three*

they will never replicate the creativity of ATS -

FALSE. Any of their albums could be considered their most creative. it is only a matter of opnion.

Chester recently said in an interview they would love to go into the studio again immeadiately to record a new album. They won't break up, ATS wasn't their last album and they'll start working on the next one as soon as they finished touring with ATS :)

I think they'll try developing their sound once again if this is even possible...^^

Edited by DecanoLP

Theeeee entire point of MOATS and Mike's post and When They Come For Me is kind of to say that they don't give a fuck about anyone else's expectations.

And if they don't give a fuck about anyone else's expectations, what pressure is there?

Why do these type of threads pop up with seemingly every new release?

1. It should be painfully obvious by this point that this band doesn't give a fuck about what critics, be they fans or media, think about the music they create.

2. People are seriously looking for way too much meaning in the Meeting of A Thousand Suns documentary. O absolutely guarantee that the same kind of tension has been present during the recording of every other album the band has made. They're used to that kind of pressure by now, they've been a major label recording act for about 11 years. They just did a different kind of documentary than what they've done in the past, one that focused on more of the unpleasant side of things, something that every band goes through when recording an album. My band had some moments that were more tense than anything on that DVD while recording our EP, and that was self-produced and self-released with no expectations from anybody. The recording studio is just not a pleasant environment to be holed up in for months at a time. It happens.

3. The bottom line is, the 6 guys in Linkin Park ultimately get along with each other better than probably 99% of members of other major label bands, and other bands have stayed together through infinitely worse circumstances. If Joey and Johnny Ramone can stay in the same band for 15 years without even being on speaking terms with each other, the members of Linkin Park can handle some differences of opinion on their creative direction.

I seriously remember almost this EXACT same topic being posted numerous times after Minutes to Midnight came out: "If Linkin Park doesn't get their act together with their next album, it's all over for them!" It didn't happen then, it's not going to happen now.

O absolutely guarantee that the same kind of tension has been present during the recording of every other album the band has made.

I think that O at the beginning is the first time I've ever seen you have a typo. Historic moment!

And yeah, it's pretty annoying dealing with people predicting doom for Linkin Park with each new album.

How about, they'll keep not giving a shit what people think and keep doing what the hell they want because they can after all, they didn't get this far by letting the world and their mother tell them what to do. If they did, Joe Hahn would be dressed as the scientist and Mike wouldn't be in the band and Chester would have been the only vocalist and they wouldn't have made it past the year 2000 needless be here.

Edited by arbiter

Seriously guys chill out, the entire point of ATS was to say they don't care about the pressure. Those who are concerned bout the death of HT, I'm sure they'll do a return to roots album at some point in their career, they're still very young for that and they're in the experiment phase, but it'll happen.

Why do these type of threads pop up with seemingly every new release?

1. It should be painfully obvious by this point that this band doesn't give a fuck about what critics, be they fans or media, think about the music they create.

2. People are seriously looking for way too much meaning in the Meeting of A Thousand Suns documentary. O absolutely guarantee that the same kind of tension has been present during the recording of every other album the band has made. They're used to that kind of pressure by now, they've been a major label recording act for about 11 years. They just did a different kind of documentary than what they've done in the past, one that focused on more of the unpleasant side of things, something that every band goes through when recording an album. My band had some moments that were more tense than anything on that DVD while recording our EP, and that was self-produced and self-released with no expectations from anybody. The recording studio is just not a pleasant environment to be holed up in for months at a time. It happens.

3. The bottom line is, the 6 guys in Linkin Park ultimately get along with each other better than probably 99% of members of other major label bands, and other bands have stayed together through infinitely worse circumstances. If Joey and Johnny Ramone can stay in the same band for 15 years without even being on speaking terms with each other, the members of Linkin Park can handle some differences of opinion on their creative direction.

I seriously remember almost this EXACT same topic being posted numerous times after Minutes to Midnight came out: "If Linkin Park doesn't get their act together with their next album, it's all over for them!" It didn't happen then, it's not going to happen now.

I comepletely agree with everything you just said!

Any problem shown in the DVD couldn't hold a candle to how bad things were with Metallica back in 2001 and 2002 as documented in the 'Some Kind of Monster' DVD. But they (Metallica) recovered and continued doing what they do best. If they can overcome losing a bassist, tension toward one another, and members going into rehab...I'm sure LP can get over a few label pressure situations.

Edited by FORTsunrise