Tom Whalley has left WBR

Jen

Warner Music Group (WMG) announced a new senior management team for Warner Bros. Records, the label group which includes the Warner Bros., Asylum, Nonesuch, Reprise and Sire imprints.

After nine years at the helm, Chairman and CEO Tom Whalley is leaving the company. He’s being succeeded as Chairman by Rob Cavallo, who had been WMG’s Chief Creative Officer.

Full article can be found here

Thanks to Xero21.

{Inb4theclose} I bet someone will think the lpu/lp will be able to do more cuz of tom leaving. Lol

You never know. I bet there won't be any drastic differences, but new management could mean some changes, for better or worse.

Still hoping LP leaves Warner when they're contract ends no matter what happens.

You never know. I bet there won't be any drastic differences, but new management could mean some changes, for better or worse.

Still hoping LP leaves Warner when they're contract ends no matter what happens.

When does their contract end?

Posted Image

No one really knows (I think).

There have been some numbers thrown around like "they have to make ___ more albums in their current contract," but as far as I know that's all been rumor.

Didn't LP recently re-sign the contract?

Might I also add that the member Kramer is a badass? Just since his name is Kramer.

Edited by Jack

There have been some numbers thrown around like "they have to make ___ more albums in their current contract," but as far as I know that's all been rumor.

damn that sucks. maybe we should ask mike or another band member when they have a chat in the lpu

damn that sucks. maybe we should ask mike or another band member when they have a chat in the lpu

I doubt they'd be able to discuss their contract with just anybody like that. Hopefully it's over soon though, especially now that the band seems like they're going to put out albums more quickly now (though I'll believe that when I see it. :P )

I think when LP settled their label dispute with Warner back in 05/06, they signed a new, five album contract. That means MTM was the first and ATS was the second released under the new deal. So that leaves three albums left before they could either be resigned with Warner or be picked up by a different label.

No,

MTM, RTR, ATS.

Dunno if LPU9 counts or not.

Yeah stuff like this makes it confusing. You never know what counts as an album release.

I think Songs From The Underground has more of a chance at counting than LPU9. And are we sure it was a five album contract?

Rob Cavallo? He produced Green Day's Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Shenanigans and American Idiot (and My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade and Paramore's Brand New Eyes). That makes him awesome

If it is that Rob Cavallo, then I'm very excited. Rob has worked on some awesome stuff and a musical mind should run a music group.

fan club releases likely don't count. only studio albums, live albums, and greatest hits albums should count.

but, does it (LPU9) count as a "fan club release" if it's released outside the fan club, on its own?

It's unbelievable how many times i've come across it in music stores with an "import" sticker on it, and a price tag of 25-35 dollars, when someone could walk to best buy and get it, plus the membership, plus the package, for what, 25?

Edited by McArt