14.09.2010 - New York City, NY - ATS Release Show

hahninator

Finally it's time for another one of my big pre-show posts!

Linkin Park will be playing their first full show of 2010 on September 14th in New York City, NY at the Best Buy Theater @ Times Square (formerly Nokia Theater). This is the "A Thousand Suns" release show! Previous release shows for the band have included a two night run at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles for Meteora to end the LP Underground 2003 Tour (show pages here and here), and technically the Webster Hall show in New York City in 2007 for Minutes To Midnight. That show was webcasted online and shown in theaters nationwide on May 14, 2007 (show page here). So it's their third "big" album release show.

A few facts about this show: There unfortunately is no LPU M&G. There is no opening band. The only way to get into this show was to have either been a current LPU member, preordered LPUX on LP.com, or preordered the album on LP.com. There were several batches of tickets released through Ticketmaster that these people had an opportunity to grab. Also, this is the first big show LPLive gave a ticket to (last night's VMA show counts). Hopefully we can continue that in the future! Oh snap...

So anyway for those of you out of the loop, the band has played two shows so far in 2010. The first took place on the 7th at Paramount Studios for KROQ's Kevin & Bean Breakfast. The show page can be found here, but for you lazy people: the band debuted "Waiting For The End", "Iridescent (with the full band singing + Chester on guitar), and "The Catalyst". This performance airs on KROQ.com sometime tomorrow. We'll rip it and post it for your listening pleasure. Anyway, the second show took place last night at the MTV VMA's. The band actually rehearsed the night BEFORE as well for that show, but the actual event took place at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. "The Catalyst" made its live TV debut and the band played "New Divide" and "Bleed It Out" (studio version) for the first time in 2010. You can watch that video of "The Catalyst" live last night right here on MTV.com for your viewing pleasure. The show page can be found here.

So what can we expect from this show? Since the band has already played "Iridescent", "Waiting For The End", "Numb", "What I've Done", "The Catalyst", "New Divide", and "Bleed It Out", we can safely assume those will be played in New York City. What's interesting to note is at the VMA REHEARSAL, the band played a snippet of "Wretches And Kings". That's already four songs off of "A Thousand Suns", which is exactly what they did for Minutes To Midnight by playing "What I've Done", "Given Up", "No More Sorrow" and "Bleed It Out".

What do you guys think? Will the band only play four songs off of the album? Will they play all of "A Thousand Suns" exclusively just for this concert? What's interesting to note is that none of the three live appearances the band has made this year has resulted in a song from Hybrid Theory being played. Remember, it's the 10th anniversary of the album this October...that's something to think about for the European Tour. Is anyone willing to tweet the setlist from the show? Let's get some discussion going.

After New York City, the band heads overseas to South America for their first ever "tour" down under for three shows in Argentina, Chile and Brazil. After that, they play a full European Tour and conclude in Abu Dhabi on November 13. The rest of the 2010 tour schedule can be found here. Also note that Australian tour dates for December will be announced SOON (110% confirmed), while Asia is heavily rumored for late November. Rumors are circulating that a USA tour will follow after the first of the year.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I feel like I haven't seen the perform in forever. The more I listen to ATS, the more I am coming around to it. It'll be interesting to hear some of these songs live. I'm sure they will play a few songs from HT. I just can't see them shutting this album off from any live show.

So what can we expect from this show? Since the band has already played "Iridescent", "When They Come For Me", "Numb", "What I've Done", "The Catalyst", "New Divide", and "Bleed It Out", we can safely assume those will be played in New York City.

I'd hate to be an asshole, but wasn't it Waiting For The End instead of WTCFM?

I'd hate to be an asshole, but wasn't it Waiting For The End instead of WTCFM?

fixed it in the main post ;)

really can't wait to see what the setlist will be! I highly doubt they will play ATS from the beginning to the end :P maybe 4 songs from every record and no more. So like a best of from the other 3 records and the best from ATS ;)