• When they come for me
    • Robot Boy
    • Waiting for the end
    • Blackout
    • Wretches and kings
    • Iridscent
    • The Catalyst
    • The Messenger

Not to be rude, because I love A Thousand Suns, but do you think the other eight full tracks are original or unlike anything else? "Burning In The Skies" can be compared to an 80's mellow dance pop/new wave song, "When They Come For Me" sounds like something off of the Discovery Channel, "Waiting For The End" sounds like 311, The Beatles, and an underground reggae artist blended, "Blackout" sounds like an 80's dance track with a dissonant backdrop, turns into Reanimation, and turns into an indie-electro track. "Wretches and Kings" sounds like a mash-up between NIN and Public Enemy, "Iridescent" sounds like Marchin...I could go on.

This argument doesn't really work since you're saying they sound like a blend of artists or styles while the person you're replying to is stating that Robot Boy sounds too much like a specific artist.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument doesn't really work since you're saying they sound like a blend of artists or styles while the person you're replying to is stating that Robot Boy sounds too much like a specific artist.

this. There isnt a song on ATS i dont really dislike but Robot boy has the lowest played count so....

I still can't see why RB is so unpopular.

BITS and The Messenger are worse.

The argument of RB sounding unoriginal makes me LOL' even more especially when compared to BITS, which sounded like it could have been on MTM.

Still, everyone has an opinion.

Many people don't like The Messenger. The funny thing is, it's my favorite Linkin Park song to date, and i'm not a big fan of ballads. This track is very uplifting and emotional. There isn't monotone singing, tracks drowning in effects/plugins, and crazy synth solos. It's just basic and to the point. Whenever you are down, and having trouble moving into the real world, don't lose hope. There is always someone there to love you. Always something there to keep you going.

And how is this a weird ending? The Catalyst reminds me of a fight scene. Why would a movie/album end with the fight? You need the aftermath. You need the final chapter of the story. This track brings peace to "story" of A Thousand Suns.

I still can't see why RB is so unpopular.

BITS and The Messenger are worse.

The argument of RB sounding unoriginal makes me LOL' even more especially when compared to BITS, which sounded like it could have been on MTM.

Still, everyone has an opinion.

I personally don't think RB is unoriginal. I say it is really original, but for me I still hate the song. But i will admit it is original.

Many people don't like The Messenger. The funny thing is, it's my favorite Linkin Park song to date, and i'm not a big fan of ballads. This track is very uplifting and emotional. There isn't monotone singing, tracks drowning in effects/plugins, and crazy synth solos. It's just basic and to the point. Whenever you are down, and having trouble moving into the real world, don't lose hope. There is always someone there to love you. Always something there to keep you going.

And how is this a weird ending? The Catalyst reminds me of a fight scene. Why would a movie/album end with the fight? You need the aftermath. You need the final chapter of the story. This track brings peace to "story" of A Thousand Suns.

I completely agree!

• 1 month later...

I was between Robot Boy and Blackout but I voted for RB.. Really, I think it's a very bad song. Monotonous(except the synth in the end which is nothing special really) and the lyrics are nothing special.

LP have written much better songs and this is the worst song on a mediocre album (just my opinion ^^ )

Wretches & Kings.... THIS one is unoriginal...reminds me a lot songs from HT & M

It does sound a lot like HT or Meteora but presented differently. The heavy synths replace the heavy guitars heard on the early albums. The speech sample in the bridge is something completely different for the band. The structure is different from what was seen on HT/M (verse, prechorus, short chorus, verse, prechorus, long chorus, bridge, outro).

The messenger and Robot boy are my least favourite ones (the messenger is my least favourite overall).

The messenger I dislike simply because it's extremely....what's the word....meh, I guess, it's just boring to listen to.

Robot boy on the other hand is just bland.

..the piano stuff that opens the song is so disgusting.. and the song itself is so boring

lol I'msorry, but i don't get how you could call a few piano chords like this disgusting? XD

In the song's defense the chordage reminds me of "Hey Joe" By Jimi Hendrix. Same chord proggression & everything. God help you if you find that song disgusting too! :lol: