14. The Catalyst [5:39]

15. The Messenger [3:01]

Total: 47:41

Source

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get ahead of things here... we have both Wisdom, Justice and Love, The Requiem and Jornada del Muerto with times around 1:30 to 2:00, and Wake was 1:43 and a really good start for the album...

Edited by Dexter

I swear if people start bitching about song length before they even hear the songs I'm gonna slap the shit out of somebody. Not every song on the album has to be radio friendly single length material people. Just because they're short does not mean they're instrumental. Sorry, had to rant a little there :)

Why is the song with the single The Catalyst lasts 5:42, and 5:39 on the album?

Just throwing out a guess, they may be estimates that were provided by someone who attended one of the listening parties.

Alternate theory: There may be some kind of transition to/from The Catalyst on the album that wasn't present on the single release.

Wow...if this is correct then only 9 out of 15 "songs" are over 3 minutes!

So basically that's 6 interludes/speeches. Not good!

A little birdie told me that Linkin Park's next album is already in the works, it consists of ten 30-second instrumentals and one 45-minute experimental jam piece. It's tentatively titled "Complain and We'll Give You More to Complain About."

Those short tracks may be great listening all the way through an album but if you're shuffling songs, that could get really annoying and pointless. like in reanimation. If they're not good they're just taking up space imo...

I swear if people start bitching about song length before they even hear the songs I'm gonna slap the shit out of somebody. Not every song on the album has to be radio friendly single length material people. Just because they're short does not mean they're instrumental. Sorry, had to rant a little there :)

i have no problem with that at all. one of my fav. experimental bands The Sound of Animals Fighting would often have interludes and intros and outros and such so i'm coo' with length. i just hope to god, this cd isn't full of radio friendly songs.

i have no problem with that at all. one of my fav. experimental bands The Sound of Animals Fighting would often have interludes and intros and outros and such so i'm coo' with length. i just hope to god, this cd isn't full of radio friendly songs.

Well, if The Catalyst is anything to go by, I would say it's not.

like, like, LIKE, FUCKING LOVE! Why do people hate on intros/outros/interludes? LP fans love when they do them live but if it's on the CD its suddenly utter shit...I don't get it. and +1 to the radio friendly comment. Give us 3-4 singles and let the rest be crazy out there depth of the mind kind of stuff.

I'm gonna say this with the utmost respect cause I used to be exactly the same. But the problem with most LP fans is that radio=music to them. Or MTV=music. And now that LP is seemingly moving in a somewhat different direction people don't know what to do. Some of my favorite music in the world will never be played on MTV or the radio, not because of length or profanity but because it's simply not marketable to the average crowd.

I'm going on record saying that if this album is great but different (and we know it's different) and LP loses some of their more mainstream fans, I'll be okay with it. Too many teeny boppers still calling themselves fans :P

[quote name='Astat' date='Aug 17 2010, 07:00 PM'

A little birdie told me that Linkin Park's next album is already in the works, it consists of ten 30-second instrumentals and one 45-minute experimental jam piece. It's tentatively titled "Complain and We'll Give You More to Complain About."

I'd love a whole album of instrumentals. I love LP instrumentals. Wake, session, lockjaw, CFTI, Mike's VMA score = all great.

But I PREFER there be a limit to one or two on this album, like HT, MTM and Meteora. Not loving the idea of the speeches on the record per Ana's review.

HOWEVER, when I listen for myself I could come to love the speeches/instrumentals in conjunction with the overall sound of the album.

My opinion, that's all.