Blackbirds is ATS bonus track on iTunes

lpu9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But see, it's easy for you Legend because everyone knows what a sweetheart you really are.......

As for the original topic - is Blackbirds confirmed for the U.S. digital version as well?

But see, it's easy for you Legend because everyone knows what a sweetheart you really are.......

As for the original topic - is Blackbirds confirmed for the U.S. digital version as well?

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but I only have love for you guys. Just trying to make someone smile, and I bet it was Jack who smiled. :P. If you found offense, I apologize man.

As for Blackbirds, I'm pretty sure it will be a U.S. Digital version release.

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but I only have love for you guys. Just trying to make someone smile, and I bet it was Jack who smiled. :P. If you found offense, I apologize man.

As for Blackbirds, I'm pretty sure it will be a U.S. Digital version release.

It was just a joke (and a bad one at that), haha - nothing against you at all, man.

I was thinking...

I know I read somewhere (probably here) that there is not going to be a 'special edition'. They usually release the album with live songs and/or b-sides, and is pretty expensive... but you know, with time things change... so maybe LP is gonna release one for ATS and include Blackbirds on it...

i dont know... Im just thinking out loud... any opinions?

It is on the US iTunes now. Same tracklist. I was right that it would be $14.99. Not sure if I will buy it though since I preordered it on LP.com.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/the-ca...723?i=383539424

Regular version for $11.99 plus a track called "A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience".

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/a-thou...uns/id385112188

It is not an iTunes LP and "When They Come for Me" and "Blackout" are the explicit tracks.

Interesting fact: The deluxe version is Alternative and the basic version is Rock.

Edited by Mycophycophyta

I wish the bonus track would be a live version of a song we need like Reading My Eyes from 2008 or something. Or a demo from the CD or a b-side. We already have Blackbirds.

I feel like the band, whether intentionally or unintentionally, misled a lot of fans into buying 8BR. All of the press about the game and all the band's statements (mostly Mike) said that the ONLY way to get this song Blackbirds was to buy the game for $5. And I know a ton of people (myself included) bought it just to get the song. $5 later, they say it's a b-side on the CD. WTF.

I wish the bonus track would be a live version of a song we need like Reading My Eyes from 2008 or something. Or a demo from the CD or a b-side. We already have Blackbirds.

I feel like the band, whether intentionally or unintentionally, misled a lot of fans into buying 8BR. All of the press about the game and all the band's statements (mostly Mike) said that the ONLY way to get this song Blackbirds was to buy the game for $5. And I know a ton of people (myself included) bought it just to get the song. $5 later, they say it's a b-side on the CD. WTF.

And it wasn't even a HQ version of the song on 8BR. If I hadn't bought an iPod Touch or 8BR, I would be very happy right now, though.

$5 later, they say it's a b-side on the CD. WTF.

It's on iTunes, not on the CD. It's a bonus and it's almost for free too.

I admit that I won't but this deluxe version from iTunes cause I rather buy the real CD of the album which comes with mp3's too.

They should have offered an iTunes download link in the game! There was never really a way to hear the song outside of the game, unless it was extracted.

I think it would have been a damn shame if we never got a better quality version of this song.

It's also a chance for the other people who had no chance to play the game to own the song now legally. Like 1% bought the game and everyone else downloaded it from somewhere cause it was too exclusive.

FFS people if u dont like the fact anything the band does then dont buy the album. Your fucking choice. If you think they dont listen to the fans lalala then why the fuck are you still following em?

Fuck me Dead some people can be complete dickheads at times.

It's on iTunes, not on the CD. It's a bonus and it's almost for free too.

I admit that I won't but this deluxe version from iTunes cause I rather buy the real CD of the album which comes with mp3's too.

They should have offered an iTunes download link in the game! There was never really a way to hear the song outside of the game, unless it was extracted.

I think it would have been a damn shame if we never got a better quality version of this song.

It's also a chance for the other people who had no chance to play the game to own the song now legally. Like 1% bought the game and everyone else downloaded it from somewhere cause it was too exclusive.

I agree with this. The only way to listen to the song was finishing the game, we all knew it's a perk, but still.

At the time he said that, he was 100% correct. Yet you're going on all about this "misled" crap. Not to mentioned Mike polled the fans on ustream HIMSELF, so don't go off whining that they weren't listening to the fans, because odds are, the 99% of people who can't have access to the game probably wanted this song, and some of the 1% who can play it would have liked it in a good quality.

For the past 4 months it's been exclusive. What are you expecting? For it to be exclusive FOREVER? You expect anything forever? You like it be crap quality forever?

I swear, If i had fans who felt this entitled I'd cut three tracks off of ATS, and release just one as a B-side then.