The Little Things Give You Away

anjum

So, here is the deal. IMO this by far is the best song LP has ever made. This actually is not a song but a journey. A journey through Heaven. You fully immerse in it on listening to it and it makes you forget all of your troubles for 6.23 minutes. The crescendo in this song is unlike I have ever heard & I am sure I will never ever hear again something of this magnitude.

So who agrees with me on this being the BEST LP STUDIO SONG EVER??

I don't.

Yeah, it's good. Yeah, it's lengthy, two full minutes longer than LP's previous longest studio track (not counting She Couldn't). The best ever? No. It's got that emotional feeling, it's got the solo, it's got the badass a cappella climax, and most importantly, it's got Phoenix singing live. All good things. But it's not their best studio track ever. The song feels full and powerful on the first few listens, but once you've gone through it several times, it loses that...punch. It falls flat, like soda that you left open.

I'm not going to say what I myself think is LP's best studio track. But it's not TLTGYA.

Well, I also think that this is one of the best songs LP has ever written...musically. The lyrics in this song definitely are not the best on MtM. I think In Between and HHH have the best lyrics on the record. But TLTGYA has the best music. IMO

Well, I also think that this is one of the best songs LP has ever written...musically. The lyrics in this song definitely are not the best on MtM. I think In Between and HHH have the best lyrics on the record. But TLTGYA has the best music. IMO

I'll partially agree to that. Several parts of the music are, focused on, amazingly well-written. The desolate-sounding acoustic of the first verse, Rob's drumming pretty much through the whole song, Brad's solo, and the closing two minutes or so. The other parts bog these parts down, though. The bridge building up to the solo feels too dragged out.

Lyrically it's a bit of a bluh song. I like the concept, but it doesn't feel implemented properly.

Quoted from my Your Personal Top 3 thread:

#1 The Little Things Give You Away I won't say that I cannot describe this song with words, because I can write for hours how damn awesome this song is. It contains the magic that makes this song most unique slowjam that I have ever heard. God, I love this song so much. Every time I listen it i feel like I enter a little imaginary world of mine..and when the solo hits in it's like my heart opens. I can either cry 2 liters of tears or feel so calm. This song is nothing but perfect! It cannot be changed in a single way that will make the song better. This song is just awesome. It is my favorite slowjam of all time and will ever be. I doubt anyone will ever make song that makes me feel the same way that The Little Things Give You Away does.

I was actually thinking about this earlier and came to the conclusion that this is one of, if not the, least favorite of LP's songs for me.

Sure, it has more length than the rest, a solo, and all the rest, but I just can't get into it. The lyrics are pretty weak and for me it just has no feeling.

So, here is the deal. IMO this by far is the best song LP has ever made. This actually is not a song but a journey. A journey through Heaven. You fully immerse in it on listening to it and it makes you forget all of your troubles for 6.23 minutes. The crescendo in this song is unlike I have ever heard & I am sure I will never ever hear again something of this magnitude.

So who agrees with me on this being the BEST LP STUDIO SONG EVER??

I'm guessing Figure.09 is hidden somewhere in this puzzle. Damn, we need a whole team to crack this one. Kudos on the difficulty man!

I'm guessing Figure.09 is hidden somewhere in this puzzle. Damn, we need a whole team to crack this one. Kudos on the difficulty man!

LOL. I knew if you read this, you would definitely pull a kind of FIGURE.Oh 9 here!! You know what? I was actually thinking of a PS note but forgot it in the end.

It would have read: And Legend; No! Figure.09 is not the best LP song.

:D :D :D

I was listening to Little Things last night, with everything else off (lights,tv computer etch). And I realized that from the aspect of composition,and lyrically it's the best lp song, hands down.

Actually this is the only drawback of the song that if you want to get lost in it, you nee to just listen to the song and do nothing else for 6.23 mins, otherwise the effect of the song is not as strong.

TLTGA is maybe the only LP song I use to "get stoned", I mean, to go in an imaginary/dreaming/... world. Their other tracks (mainly older) are better at giving energy. BUT, there are some artist who have an entire catalog of music who makes me dream...So, TLTGA:

-> good song: yes

-> best LP song: no....I'd say it's different

-> best song ever heard: no

There are some artist who have an entire catalog of music who makes me dream...So, TLTGA:

-> best song ever heard: no

Tell me some of these artists. These days I am eager for new kinda music.

And which song in your opinion is the best song you have ever heard. Just wanna know.

i agree TLTGYA is a gud one but not the best ,damn but i still cant love to listen to My December , and how did u guys forget that one , i jus cant stop listening to it every day :D , I Think its a milestone Lp has made

It's a nice song, but it's too boring for me. After a few listens it just lost its magic.

Tell me some of these artists. These days I am eager for new kinda music.

And which song in your opinion is the best song you have ever heard. Just wanna know.

I'm going to respond by pm. Don't want to go off-topic here :)

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't fall flat after a few hundred listens. Veyr Powerful. The harmony at the end I will never forget the first listen. The closest thing to what I call ' A Perfect Circle ' type chill music.

I agree with everything the original poster said, doesn't take me through Heaven though.