Linkin Park, Featuring YOU - Fansite Edition

nkramar

Linkin Park wants to put you on their new album with their “Linkin Park, Featuring YOU” contest. Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible. So we’ve once again teamed up with LP Underground, LPAssociation.com and LPTimes.com for another big giveaway. Because not everyone is eligible for the official “Linkin Park, Featuring YOU” contest on MySpace, we’re giving those fans that are ineligible for the official contest and chance to win with us and get some recognition for their hard work. The rules are simple: the ONLY people who can enter this contest are the fans who are ineligible for the official contest (you’re not 18, your country isn’t eligible, etc.). You can only enter on ONE of the fansites hosting this contest. At the end of voting on July 21, one winner from each site will get a Linkin Park prize pack and will be go up against the other winners in a final voting, the winner of which will receive a Linkin Park Reanimation plaque!

Instructions:

Leave a link to your song in the replies by 11:59 PM ET on July 18. Please do not embed any videos or streams. LINKS ONLY! Voting will begin on July 20 for 24 hours. You can only enter on one of the fansites (LPLive.net, LPAssociation.com, LPTimes.com).

Be sure to check out the OFFICIAL “Linkin Park, Featuring YOU” contest here. Linkin Park’s new single “The Catalyst” comes out August 2 with the new album A Thousand Suns following on September 14.

Rules:

The official contest rules apply in terms of how the remix has to be made.

Please include your age and country of residence too, so we can identify everyone properly, or your submission may not be considered!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this right. Download links only?

I'll edit this post once someone helps the confused kiddo.

Download links, or links to a youtube video or whatever. It will get messy if there's a million youtube videos and soundcloud embeds on here!

Thanks LPL and the other sites for doing this!

Edited by Adam

Jack Dablemont (16)

Unites States

your version is sweet , gud luck man , too bad we r not in :(

@ Nkramar

excuse me. but why are only few countries added for the contest , any specific reasons ????

Edited by aravind221

excuse me. but why are only few countries added for the contest , any specific reasons ????

All legal reasons. It all has something to do with myspace, the local laws and so on. Ask a lawyer why exactly.

I just wanted to say that lplive, lpa and lptimes are absolutly awesome for doing this for the underage/in a different region fans. I'm 23 and in Canada so I wont be participating, but nor am i participating in the official, no time to fly down to LA if i was to win. So good luck all of you submitters. Make something kick ass.

Wowzers! About damn time MrPool gets in on this! Voted!

It's not that good...infact it's out of sync and there's nothing in it other than a few drums. I'm sorry but i've spent alot of time as has many other remixers to create an original kick ass song to the best of our abilities, and you praise this guy for adding shitty sync drums? dude... Whatever, maybe it's just me. '-.-

People are ignorant, i sure as hell hope alex wins that contest, he's been first for ages, i hope linkin park like him (they probably will)

But as aposed to voting for that MrPool guy... I must be missing the point i swear.

It's not that good...infact it's out of sync and there's nothing in it other than a few drums. I'm sorry but i've spent alot of time as has many other remixers to create an original kick ass song to the best of our abilities, and you praise this guy for adding shitty sync drums? dude... Whatever, maybe it's just me. '-.-

People are ignorant, i sure as hell hope alex wins that contest, he's been first for ages, i hope linkin park like him (they probably will)

But as aposed to voting for that MrPool guy... I must be missing the point i swear.

I'll pull another Figure.09 thread on why MrPool doesn't suck if I have to. Don't tempt me Commando!

I'll pull another Figure.09 thread on why MrPool doesn't suck if I have to. Don't tempt me Commando!

I didn't say he sucked, infact well done for having a go, but i don't see why he should be your 'favorite' simply because he's your most known...DJ i should say. All he did was add a few new drums... out of sync as well, you don't need to defend him on how he doesn't suck. Because from that ONE remake i heared, it didn't sound too great and how you described as 'He has my vote' i mean...cmon why vote for an out of a sync drum remake...Whatever like i said, don't get too offended i'm just telling it how it is. Listen to it again and tell me that theres anything else in the remix other than added drums? and also notice theyre out of sync, if your gonna reply, make sure you answer that question, or anyone else infact ust to prove i'm not wrong... (MrPools link)

Edit: Sorry, i forgot the part at the end, but cmon that's a whistle with the same melody for 20 seconds. other than that it's out of sync at the start and it doesn't sound too different from the original (pressuming the original sounded like the demo they've released)

Edited by Leon