Promoter Confirms LP In Chile

hahninator

There's more information available today about LP playing in Santiago, Chile on October 9th for the Maquinaria Festival at the venue Club Hípico.

The promoter of the show, TransistorGigs, has confirmed to the music website HumoNegro (who is in charge of announcing the official festival event information) that Linkin Park, The Pixies and Incubus are the headliners for the show and it will also feature Cavalera Conspiracy, Rahzel, Erol Alkan and a few more bands that will be confirmed later. The festival will start at 12:00pm local time and run until 1:00am, so it'll be an all day festival. The promoter says Linkin Park recently 100% confirmed their participation in the show, so we expect an announcement to be on LinkinPark.com within the next few days. The link below also gives all of the ticket information for the show and more info on the bands. It says things like the venue capacity is for 50,000 people, etc.

The official promo poster for the concert can be found here.

So it seems Linkin Park really is playing in Santiago, and right now this would be the first show of 2010 for them. Congratulations South American fans!

Source here. Thanks to Danielpsoad-09 for the information, translation and getting me all of the info I needed for the post.

EDIT: Show roll call thread can be found here.

I already told you Mark, this is HUGE!

I just can't believe they're finally coming to Chile. But what is more impressive is that they're actually opening the whole new tour cycle in Chile!

I can't describe how happy I am! :D

I'll keep you informed about everything from now on ;)

Let the countdown begin ...

Edited by danielpsoad-09

oh Jesus !!! :lol: Maybe because have some many people like you complaining, Jesus, start to work, create an Street Team talk with producers and will make your dream come true, like ALL THE SOUTHAMERICANS are doing, Our work make sense !!!

Congrats Chile !!!

fail. are you kidding? 2 shows at south america are already 2 times more shows than they ever played there :P

no i am not. I would seriously like for LP to visit my motherland and throw a show. They went insane for metallica this past march. Such a good show

no i am not. I would seriously like for LP to visit my motherland and throw a show. They went insane for metallica this past march. Such a good show

I'm telling you guys, LP should do a tour like Iron Maiden did with their private plane. Route it in a similar way to that. Start in the Middle East/India, then do Australia, then the Far East, LA, Mexico, Various Central American countries (make sure to skip Guatemala City), all the big markets in South America, San Juan, Miami, Washington DC, NYC and then (since it is LP) go to London, Paris and 5 shows in Germany. Have Fiore film it all and Pooch get SBD recordings of the shows, you got yourself a live/documentary DVD.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.