New Information on Album

Joseph

From MS.com

While writing some silly responses to peoples question, Mike actually answered one of the questions seriously. This is what he had to say,

"I’m doing some test mixes of some songs, to see what they might sound like finished, and to see if the guys like my mixes. It’s called a shootout. For those unfamiliar with mixing, look here. Our engineer Ethan and I are teaming up to mix some stuff, and a couple other mixers are mixing the same songs. We’ll put all the mixes together on a CD–with no names–and see which mixes the band likes best, just based on the sound. It’ll be really funny if I pick someone else’s mix."

Thoughts?

Edited by Nameless

Fuck, you beat me!

the album is coming to pretty soon.. why?

Mike said that he recorded some vocals in ustream, last thing that they record

and now they are mixing some songs, plus I believe in what LPBrasil said.

Oh, and they are releasing new LPTV's in june or july...

I think that the album will come out in

august or september.

Pretty good bit of news. Lately with all the current updates I figured they would be trying to get a single out during the summer ( July or Aug. ) then the album by at least September or very early October.

Guess we'll see.

LOL @ Mike's answers. He must really be getting tired of all the questions about the album coming out. Glad to hear that they are working hard though. I agree with the thought that the album will be out by the end of the year. :D

05? QWERTY = nu-metal no matter if you like it or not and it's from 2006.

Good we got some album news. Sounds like with another update i can move

my prediction from june 2011 to April 2011. Wouldn't surprise me if they said they hate this batch of songs, scrapped them all and restarted the entire process.

05? QWERTY = nu-metal no matter if you like it or not and it's from 2006.

Good we got some album news. Sounds like with another update i can move

my prediction from june 2011 to April 2011. Wouldn't surprise me if they said they hate this batch of songs, scrapped them all and restarted the entire process.

Wouldn't surprise me either, but good news anyway :)

Edited by nike724

Wouldn't surprise me either, but good news anyway :)

I'm still betting on it coming out by the end of this year, I highly doubt the band would screw us over again, especially since this time they have a set direction, last time they were just messing around the entire time and M2M was the result :P

Is really impossible know the release date because mike said "I’m doing some test mixes of some songs, to see what they might sound like finished, and to see if the guys like my mixes..."

That means the Album is almost finished ? No, they are just testing some mixes, if that mixes for the band are bad they have to start again some songs, so they are still in the album process...

my bet november... (hopefully I'm wrong)

Hi.

My name is John Titor and i came from the future, i just taked over Nameless' account.

The fourth studio album from the ancient band called "Linkin Park" will be dropped around the last months of 2010/firsts months of 2011. I cannot tell you the exact date because otherwise i'd cause a space-time paradox.

You can trust me.

Hi.

My name is John Titor and i came from the future, i just taked over Nameless' account.

The fourth studio album from the ancient band called "Linkin Park" will be dropped around the last months of 2010/firsts months of 2011. I cannot tell you the exact date because otherwise i'd cause a space-time paradox.

You can trust me.

Well since you aren't from Brazil, I will trust you. :P

Edited by Xero21

Well whenever this album drops, you can guarantee two things.

1. The first single will be the song that has the most signature LP sound.

2. The first song, no matter how the album sounds, will be a heavy track.

I'm not saying I know that for a fact. Its just a consistent thing that happens with most band's albums.

Well whenever this album drops, you can guarantee two things.

1. The first single will be the song that has the most signature LP sound.

I'm not saying I know that for a fact. Its just a consistent thing that happens with most band's albums.

Of course. Just like Warner insisted that the first single had to bridge the old and the new material (by putting the LP signature sound on it), this time the same will occur.

This whole thing is getting so tired. They never give us any real info.I respect that they want to make the best album that they can, but does it have to take so long?? I'm sorry, but there are plenty of bands just as talented as LP, that can get an album together in half the time these guys take.