New Q&A With Brad on LPunderground.com

LPxDC

Wow. Solid questions, better than what I could've come up with but the answers, woahhhh. Generalized much?

He gave no information, just cleverly reworded the question. I like how he answered a "How?" question with "Yes". Jesus.

I wish LP would open up. They take ages in the studio, give us hardly any updates when other bands will throw full demos or photologs or webcams from the studio at us or something...they have been recording since November 2008 and we've gotten: Lockjaw (took what, a day?), New Divide (several weeks), and reworked versions of Blackbirds and Not Alone (I'm sure both combined would've been about a week). Unacceptable.

Where is the album?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Solid questions, better than what I could've come up with but the answers, woahhhh. Generalized much?

He gave no information, just cleverly reworded the question. I like how he answered a "How?" question with "Yes". Jesus.

I wish LP would open up. They take ages in the studio, give us hardly any updates when other bands will throw full demos or photologs or webcams from the studio at us or something...they have been recording since November 2008 and we've gotten: Lockjaw (took what, a day?), New Divide (several weeks), and reworked versions of Blackbirds and Not Alone (I'm sure both combined would've been about a week). Unacceptable.

Where is the album?

+1

Where is the album?

i think mike does a better job at communicating with the fans then the whole band put together. Where has he been with the ustream chats? lol

I would say most other bands do those sort of things because the need the attention and hype for their music. That is why they teasers of their material via webisodes and such. Where as LP are at that level where they don't need to draw that kind of attention anymore. All they have to say is "the album will by out on this date" and people will flock to buy the record.

Don't sweat it. A lot of bands out there are tight lipped about there work. For instance, Breaking Benjamin's updates and inside scoops on Dear Agony were non-existent for the entire year leading up to its release. Film studios are pretty much the same way with their movies. Reason being is that you don't want to give too much away or the people will know what to expect.

Where is the album?

Thats wtf i've been preaching this entire time.

Go look up Circa Survive and their Sequences videos. and tell me that isn't an awesome update from a band from the the studio.

Thats wtf i've been preaching this entire time.

Go look up Circa Survive and their Sequences videos. and tell me that isn't an awesome update from a band from the the studio.

LP isnt circa. :P i kid but all bands have different types of preference when it comes to sharing. I dont see why you dont understand this. Most bands like to share others dont. Some do it moderately. Some dont do it at all. Coheed only showed tweetpics on album updates. Metallica had mission metallica. I think some fans are spoiled by other bands and expect the same out of LP methinks

LP isnt circa. :P i kid but all bands have different types of preference when it comes to sharing. I dont see why you dont understand this. Most bands like to share others dont. Some do it moderately. Some dont do it at all. Coheed only showed tweetpics on album updates. Metallica had mission metallica. I think some fans are spoiled by other bands and expect the same out of LP methinks

If you think about it, you dont rleally want LP to share infos on the new album. They're gonna hype it up and it's gonna sound nothing like it..See Meteora,where we were promised Pantera riffs (wtf?)

and M2M where each band member gave out a different description. Result was: fans were tottaly misleaded and turned whinny when the albums came out, and forums were flooded with posts like:

OMG they tottally let us down blah blah.

All I want is some info on what stage are they..recording,mixing what?

I just wish LP would give us LPTV's from the actual new album like they did with Meteora and MTM. I don't care about Chester's DBS tour or Mike's art show or 8BR shit. I want LPTV's about the new album. Every LP fan I know loves those kind of LPTV's.

I just wish LP would give us LPTV's from the actual new album like they did with Meteora and MTM. I don't care about Chester's DBS tour or Mike's art show or 8BR shit. I want LPTV's about the new album. Every LP fan I know loves those kind of LPTV's.

Maybe the new album could be a CD/DVD so they don't want to spoil it by putting studio footage on LPTV.

Like others have said, I would really like them to atleast tell us where they are right now in the album. I dont mind waiting until the album is actually out before finding out how it sounds, i just wanna know how much work is left and when a single is coming. Geez Mike told KROQ that they were planning on releasing a single a couple months afer 8 bit came out. Well that would mean next month and It's not going to happen. So heres hoping that by August we get a single.

Well in this industry you have to keep your name out there even if you're working on your album or you have people lose interest. Fact.

I'm not asking LP to be circa. i'm not asking for demos. Hell demo names. I wanna see clips of them discussing production or showcasing some equipment. I'm not asking for clips of songs. Its not to much to ask for an album update. Since you know, we are the ones going to buy it. We are the ones they are doing this for, looking to inspire or to enjoy. Right now, they are giving us the finger, and being a little cold blooded.

Right now, they are giving us the finger, and being a little cold blooded.

That's a little dramatic. :P They aren't giving us the finger. They just aren't exactly giving us love and hugs either.

And everyone keeps saying Mike told KROQ the single would be out a few months after 8Bit, I missed that. Was that when he went on KROQ on 4/26?

I think its good that we're not getting album updates right now though.

It would be like throwing a huge ball at us, telling us the catch it but then throwing another one twice its size at us a half millisecond later and telling us to catch that one. This way we're basically able to catch the first ball, and then get the second.

I really hope the new album comes with a DVD with the making of, they did that with everything since Meteora (except for Out Of Ashes for some stupid reason). They have kept us in the dark so much with this album that I really hope we can at least see how this record was made...

I really hope the new album comes with a DVD with the making of, they did that with everything since Meteora (except for Out Of Ashes for some stupid reason). They have kept us in the dark so much with this album that I really hope we can at least see how this record was made...

i'd be royally pissed if they don't. but i wouldn't be surprised knowing them and their stupid "i'm scared of sharing things for fans that would be cool and keep them interested"

Well...Like some other guys have said here, the problem is not that LP isn't giving us updates about how the new record will sound like. I can totally understand that, because that politic don't let us fall into any form of exceptations, which means we will listen the new music for itself, without comparing it to what it was supposed to sound like. What is getting on the fan's nerves is that the band hasn't informed us since months about how the album progress is going. Are they still making new songs? Are they mixing? We don't know anything....Honestly, LP could even be on hiatus at this time that it wouldn't be a surprise for me. I know it isn't the case, but shit, we need news :lol: